Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is the grind worth it?

OP Travisgrr

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
for halo infinite if you reach rank 152 you get something that hasn't been announced. Do you think my grind (about 100 levels) is worth it? Also I wonder if they will just release the exclusive item in gold packs lol (joke).
That is up to each individual player. I am doing it more so because not many players have made it to 152, the token in Infinite will be a bonus. I should have it this summer.
LethalQ wrote:
That is up to each individual player. I am doing it more so because not many players have made it to 152, the token in Infinite will be a bonus. I should have it this summer.
You're so close though! ugh
The lower levels aren't bad to get through, but it's when you start getting into the millions where it takes time. If it's worth doing is up to you since there isn't one answer.
No, it's not worth it. Just play to have fun.
I'm doing it just because... Wait, me getting 152 is just a byproduct of my enjoyment of playing the game. So personally, I can't comment on whether the grind is worth it or not since I'd still be playing, regardless of there being some reward at the end.

And really, asking "Is the grind worth it?" is no different from asking "Is playing the game worth it?", so if anyone's asking this question, they weren't gonna play this game for very long anyway. At least that's how I always look at it.
It seems to take just as much XP to go from 150 to 152 as it does just to get from 1 to 150. The exponential increase in XP as you climb higher is outrageously high. I'm at 146 right now and still not sure if I'll make it.
As others have stated, only you can determine if it’s worth it. Your about 2% of the way there. It’s still possible to reach, but you will have to play a lot. If you get 75,000xp each day you will get it on October 1, 2020
It's likely going to be a lame emblem, so no definitely not worth it
We get something in Infinite if we reach max rank in Halo 5? I had no idea about this. I never cared about leveling up, I used to sell the xp boosts to get more rp. But now I want max rank too. Although I won't be too bothered if I don't get it.
I am at SR 148 and plan to get to SR 152. I am sure it will be a while though. The only thing that could derail my progress will be Gears of War 5. Whatever the reward is I hope its something that you will be able to show off somehow, either in the lobby or in game.
I'm gonna grind wzff for the fun of it. Theres a lot of positives with halo 5's vehicles. Ill give 343 that. 👍
Im about 3 million from 151.
The party issues and random latency problems are annoying, but not as bad as what's happening on halo reachs servers right now.
Which leads me to wonder, will halo 5 start to have more issues, and less players over the next 4 months? Will halo 5 stats someday not transfer when it gets added to the mcc someday? Theres no way id continue to play h5 as much as reach when i hit max level.
Id say go for it until its not fun, take breaks, etc. But the only thing you might get is just an emblem. I use halo games while working out, so even if the grind is rough, im leveling in real life 😀
No one knows if it will be worth it. If you’re this far off I don’t know what to tell you. Progress slows down immensely in the 130s or 140s. It’ll start taking months to rank up once unless you’re playing religiously in firefight with xp boosts. I know I’m not going for it. If I was already 150 then I might, but I’m too far away in my own opinion.
For myself, if I was at least 150 I would go for it. I’m 147 so I’m just playing solely for fun. You need to have a lot of time and dedication to get 152.
It's definitely not worth it if you're expecting to get something amazing out of reaching max rank. For now all you get is this emblem which I only use because I unlocked it, not because I like it. And, in Infinite the reward will probably be something similar, i.e. another emblem.
I'm at 150 and I'm not sure I want to make it. You lose interest after so long. I still enjoy the game, but sometimes I play because I feel I have to.
I don’t think its worth it. I cant force myself to play halo 5 anymore. I don’t think the reward will be worth but it should be something special for those who grind long enough.
I haven't played Halo 5 extensively but I'm a grinder. I want to grind insane amounts to acheive something. But it's really up to you mate!
I'm doing it just because... Wait, me getting 152 is just a byproduct of my enjoyment of playing the game. So personally, I can't comment on whether the grind is worth it or not since I'd still be playing, regardless of there being some reward at the end.

And really, asking "Is the grind worth it?" is no different from asking "Is playing the game worth it?", so if anyone's asking this question, they weren't gonna play this game for very long anyway. At least that's how I always look at it.
Well there are methods to grind the game and then you could play just to enjoy yourself. There is a difference, there are methods. Maybe look it up next time. :)
Travisgrr wrote:

Well there are methods to grind the game and then you could play just to enjoy yourself. There is a difference, there are methods. Maybe look it up next time. :)
I dunno. Just playing the game seems to be a pretty good method, in and of itself. If you need to come up with some particular scheme just to grind, then you probably aren't enjoying the game that much in the first place because you're playing only for the grind at that point.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2