Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Is The Target Master System Flawed?!?

OP three oohh nine

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So i been waiting a while to tear into this but now maybe a good time. Lets start at first saying that this is a grind to obtain rank 5 in,plain and simple. However the issue lies in the description and distribution of this system. Why is the system set up this way? Now let me say first there are five ranks total in this commendation each with more increasingly difficult numbers to obtain. For the first level 75 wins required, for the second 175 wins required, for the third 300 wins required, for the fourth 450 wins required, and for the final 600 wins required? Now here are the two issues here first off to those who played the game over these amounts before the skins were released none of those wins obtained counted towards this. How does that make much sense please elaborate? My second issue with this that i cant understand is the win counts and the way the system works you start at 0 and have to obtain 600 for the final one correct? Well if you thought that your wrong For the final level starting from 0 you will need as total of 1650 wins in total seriously? And that number changes based off of where your at in your progress. So then what happened to the 175 or 300 or 450, 650 wins 343?? I just can't understand why you'd set up a system like this and not actually be honest about the number of wins required for each tier? EX Each time you rank up in Halo 5 your wins is reset to 0 then what where all those previous wins for then basically nothing then just to start over? It was just a waste. Why would you not just straight up say you need a total of 1650 total wins or perhaps do a system like reach did successfully where after you hit one milestone your progress stayed. So for ex you start at x number in y tier then eventually your in the z tier and you start at your previous x number from the end of the previous y tier and go from there not reset all the way back to 0. Why not do this system??
Or perhaps there is one level only with 4 milestones along the way none of the multiple levels?
Also don't you think that 1650 total games is a little to steep? Can you not understand what reasonable and unreasonable is or perhaps what accurate or inaccurate means? Does 343 actually test these things before actually releasing them or do they just say they do but don't?
The skins are there to entice people to play and to try. It's not supposed to be an easy thing to attain.

I don't really know what you're saying was a waste but people complained that there was nothing to work towards. Now there is. I see no real issue with the Targetmaster Skins.
Every commendation works that way dude. None of them are cumulative, so why you’d think this one suddenly is that way, is beyond me. Additionally, why should they make them easy to get? Wouldn’t be very prestigious if the numbers were lower. And about the prior wins not counting...duh. Again, none of the previous commendations, the ones added in later, have given you your previous stats towards completion. The system you want, where all previous stats count, and the commendations are basically just given to you because “hey, at least your tried, champ!” would be a deviation from the norm. You really want those skins, you’re actually going to have to work at them.
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think anyone really looks at weapon skins so if you don't have the time to attain them you probably aren't missing out.
Every commendation works that way dude. None of them are cumulative, so why you’d think this one suddenly is that way, is beyond me. Additionally, why should they make them easy to get? Wouldn’t be very prestigious if the numbers were lower. And about the prior wins not counting...duh. Again, none of the previous commendations, the ones added in later, have given you your previous stats towards completion. The system you want, where all previous stats count, and the commendations are basically just given to you because “hey, at least your tried, champ!” would be a deviation from the norm. You really want those skins, you’re actually going to have to work at them.
This post embodies everything I wanted to say about the OP.
Where did i say at all in my post they should make this easy to get hmmm???

I gave possibly suggestions never did i say they need to change this or there even going to.

Also i clearly stated i dont understand why they did it this way is all.

You cleary are assuming and actually don't understand my post at all.

Also im at 3/5 of already so no issue there
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think anyone really looks at weapon skins so if you don't have the time to attain them you probably aren't missing out.
That is very true tbh you barely see them in game.
Where did i say at all in my post they should make this easy to get hmmm???

I gave possibly suggestions never did i say they need to change this or there even going to.

Also i clearly stated i dont understand why they did it this way is all.

You cleary are assuming and actually don't understand my post at all.
Also i you actually read my post all the way through i'm basically saying thats its miss leading.
I didn't find it misleading at all, but everyone is different, its just you wrote a very long opening comment to say you didn't understand or like the system.
Now here are the two issues here first off to those who played the game over these amounts before the skins were released none of those wins obtained counted towards this - this is a applicable to a few comms. brute plasma rifle and sentinel beam are garbage but hey they are doable, challenging but doable. so why should this be different? remember to include the Wasp...

So then what happened to the 175 or 300 or 450, 650 wins - never went away, it is still like that, i monitor this all the time. there is no reset. i do see it glitch where all your comms show as 0 achieved but after a minute or 2 it reflects correctly.

Each time you rank up in Halo 5 your wins is reset to 0 then what where all those previous wins for then basically nothing then just to start over that makes no sense? are you saying when i reach rank 150 it resets my wins to 0? sorry, but i cant see that happening

Also don't you think that 1650 total games is a little to steep? the same can be said to other comms that are "difficult". i dont play much breakout so those comms seem unlikely to be completed. I dont think it's reasonable to say it's steep. mongoose destroyers are a pain but 50 for the final level feels steep but it's done one at a time.
I would take 650 wins over 50 mongoose destroyer any day.

I do think that since people move so quick, the weapon skins aren't really visible so your achievements arent really seem. Not like an armour. if someone runs a specific armour, it is pretty clear.

i dont have an issue with the targetmaster comms.
would be nice if it was done earlier with skins for the other loadout weapons though but it's ok.
I didn't find it misleading at all, but everyone is different, its just you wrote a very long opening comment to say you didn't understand or like the system.
Okay fair on the everyone is different, but if you actually saw the system and the way it works then I think you would agree
Where did you get that you need 1650 total wins? It's 650 wins total to unlock all the skins. The commendation says 0 of x when you level it up, but it doesn't lose the wins you already had. The 5th tier would be 0 of 200 wins not 0 of 650.
Where did you get that you need 1650 total wins? It's 650 wins total to unlock all the skins. The commendation says 0 of x when you level it up, but it doesn't lose the wins you already had. The 5th tier would be 0 of 200 wins not 0 of 650.
Is that true? Are you sure? Have you made it past the first 75?
AshamanND wrote:
It’s true I’m 50 wind away from the silver one (tier 4) and I need 150 wins at that level to get it then it will show 200 required for the last one once I’m done
JC00795 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
It’s true I’m 50 wind away from the silver one (tier 4) and I need 150 wins at that level to get it then it will show 200 required for the last one once I’m done
So have you basically just made the entire OP irrelevant?
[EDIT]I suppose I was being a little cheeky.

Basically this mean's that OP's point #2 has been solved.

As far as point #1 - it is something that others have complained about.
But it's also something that others have praised.
If you love Halo 5, but have played it a ton, and say you already have 700 wins. I think most of those people, who love the game and are feeling like it's stale, are actually happy there is something new to work towards.
If it just unlocked for them because of past actions, well that would be boring.

This commendation put everyone on a level playing field for it when it was released. Everyone started at zero.
Something to do while we wait for Infinite.
AshamanND wrote:
I'm on level 3 and it's 125 to level up, which when you add to the 100 from level 2 and 75 from the first level puts it at 300 wins for the first 3 skins just as 343 advertised. I can't imagine that formula would suddenly change for the 4th and 5th levels
So i been waiting a while to tear into this but now maybe a good time. Lets start at first saying that this is a grind to obtain rank 5 in,plain and simple. However the issue lies in the description and distribution of this system. Why is the system set up this way? Now let me say first there are five ranks total in this commendation each with more increasingly difficult numbers to obtain. For the first level 75 wins required, for the second 175 wins required, for the third 300 wins required, for the fourth 450 wins required, and for the final 600 wins required? Now here are the two issues here first off to those who played the game over these amounts before the skins were released none of those wins obtained counted towards this. How does that make much sense please elaborate? My second issue with this that i cant understand is the win counts and the way the system works you start at 0 and have to obtain 600 for the final one correct? Well if you thought that your wrong For the final level starting from 0 you will need as total of 1650 wins in total seriously? And that number changes based off of where your at in your progress. So then what happened to the 175 or 300 or 450, 650 wins 343?? I just can't understand why you'd set up a system like this and not actually be honest about the number of wins required for each tier? EX Each time you rank up in Halo 5 your wins is reset to 0 then what where all those previous wins for then basically nothing then just to start over? It was just a waste. Why would you not just straight up say you need a total of 1650 total wins or perhaps do a system like reach did successfully where after you hit one milestone your progress stayed. So for ex you start at x number in y tier then eventually your in the z tier and you start at your previous x number from the end of the previous y tier and go from there not reset all the way back to 0. Why not do this system??
Or perhaps there is one level only with 4 milestones along the way none of the multiple levels?
Also don't you think that 1650 total games is a little to steep? Can you not understand what reasonable and unreasonable is or perhaps what accurate or inaccurate means? Does 343 actually test these things before actually releasing them or do they just say they do but don't?
I guess you haven't made it past the first level, but you only need 650 wins total. I have the last skin. The first level is 75 wins then it resets you back to 0 but you only need 100 for the next level to reach 175, etc.

Better to ask the question and get informed before getting huffy-puffy with 343.
Not flawed. Grind yes, flawed no.
I guess you haven't made it past the first level, but you only need 650 wins total. I have the last skin. The first level is 75 wins then it resets you back to 0 but you only need 100 for the next level to reach 175, etc.

Better to ask the question and get informed before getting huffy-puffy with 343.
i am at the third level already the black one i believe it is
Not flawed. Grind yes, flawed no.
okay flawed might not be the correct term here then. Also i need to check something here things dont add up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2