Is this worth buying at this point?

OP Hydro BxR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Been a halo fan since the beginning, played the h5 beta and loved it, pre ordered h5 but never went through with the final purchase. Seen one of my favorite streamers playing halo online and ever since ive had this urge to play halo again, but im wondering if its worth buying at this point, is the community still strong? Is it stronger now than it was?
If you're a fan buy it. However, I would get it pre owned or on sale on disc at this point.
I'd say it's worth buying, I mean it all depends on what you want out of it. You'll have plenty of content to work towards, think we still have at least one more major content coming. If you're willing to practice and get better then match making won't be so bad. It all boils down to replay. If you think you will play it enough, then I'd say go for it. The community seems strong to me, I think enough people play it and tend to help newer players where possible. Good luck, welcome back to Halo!
think we still have at least one more major content coming.
I agree that as a fan the OP should buy it, but where are you getting this info about one more major dlc ? Granted, it's a great incentive to buy an older game, but where's your proof ? Do you have a link from a weekly update ? That would be better than speculations.
Definitely wouldnt buy it new at this point, of course im willing to play whenever i can, im glad to hear that the community is strong, ive heard that with all of the updates h5 seems to be bringing halo back to what it use to be, not entirely but on the right path. But of course thats from a YouTuber who does nothing but halo so i didnt want to take his opinion to seriously.

Well i guess ill be buying asap, feel free to add me and we can play whenever, gt is Hydro BxR
And if you didnt know BxR is from the old buttom glitch in h2
Still plenty of people that play. Though if you are playing Warzone, good luck. It's best to play with friends on that playlist. I'd recommend finding a Spartan company and playing with people within your company.
Qwigglez wrote:
Still plenty of people that play. Though if you are playing Warzone, good luck. It's best to play with friends on that playlist. I'd recommend finding a Spartan company and playing with people within your company.
Warzone is the pvp and pve mix right?
Id most likely play arena or whatever the regular pvp is called. Wtf is a Spartan company? That the same as a clan?
Not really the same, basically if you join a Spartan company your kills in multiplayer will contribute to your company and you can get req packs unlocked. I hardly ever played with anyone in my Spartan company until recently. Now I find Halo more enjoyable because I have a set group of people I play with.

And Warzone is a 12 vs 12 big battle with boss objectives.
Arena is likely where you should be when you first get started.
id buy it but stay away from ranked for the first couple days. that is were the people farm beginners
Quote:
Quote:
id buy it but stay away from ranked for the first couple days. that is were the people farm beginners
Quote:
Quote:
Been on destiny forever now so i know all about farming those new and weaker players.
Thanks for all of the feedback guys! I greatly appreciate it.
Seeing how you can probably pick up a used copy really cheap why not buy it? Sure you will have a super long grind if you want to unlock all the stuff in the rng req system but the multiplayer game play is solid and fun to play IMO. The population isn't what it was back in the day but it holds a regular place on Xbox live most played so it's a pretty steady population.
Well if you want a 100Gb Halo Game, go right ahead, Fun game but its big
Spoiler:
Show
The community is divided between people who like the new direction and people who want Classic Halo. So, the community isn't at its strongest, but there's a lot of people in the community who really care about Halo.

As for the game itself, there's certainly way more content than there was on release, so that's a plus. I'm not really sure what you're looking for in the game, so I'm not sure if it would be worth it for you specifically.
eviltedi wrote:
think we still have at least one more major content coming.
I agree that as a fan the OP should buy it, but where are you getting this info about one more major dlc ? Granted, it's a great incentive to buy an older game, but where's your proof ? Do you have a link from a weekly update ? That would be better than speculations.
That's why I said "think", it's an opinion. I don't need proof to have a thought.
Hydro BxR wrote:
Been a halo fan since the beginning, played the h5 beta and loved it, pre ordered h5 but never went through with the final purchase. Seen one of my favorite streamers playing halo online and ever since ive had this urge to play halo again, but im wondering if its worth buying at this point, is the community still strong? Is it stronger now than it was?
Get a trial of Xbox Game Pass. You'll have halo 5 for free for 14 days. Test it out and then if you like it you can keep the game pass for like $8 a month.
I just got into halo a few days ago and I'm loving it. Warzone is amazing. As for the arena, get ready to play against super pros at all times. I'm in silver division and I'm getting matched against players that kill me with grenades before my screen loads after last death.
Hydro BxR wrote:
I started playing Halo 5 about 1,5 months ago after playing Destiny for almost 3 years. I started playing after I heard Destiny 2 will be more like Halo 5 in some ways that Destiny 1 (weaker grenades, 4v4, more focussed on primary weapons).

So I started playing Halo 5 as some sort of preparation for Destiny 2, but at this point I'm not sure I will even switch from Halo 5 to Destiny 2. :)

I'm completely hooked on playing Arena. It is so refreshing to win or lose from someone based on strafing skill and/or gun skill and not getting nova bommed or fist of panicked all the time.

So I read you are mostly fan of Arena. So there is no way you're behind. Even if you would never buy a single REQ pack, you would not be behind in any way in Arena.

So I would recommend buying it. It is probably around 20 dollars now if you buy it online and rumors are Halo 6 will get a later release than fall 2018.

If you have a mic and you want to play with others you can add me. :) I always like to play in groups and communicate.
For how cheap it currently is I'd definitely say give it a shot. Population is still decent excluding a few playlists, and it's not all that hard to pick up.
Keep in mind with H5. #1 it is like 100gig of space on the hard drive so be prepared for it and possibly a long download. #2 don't stay away from the campaign. Play it at least once I say. Yeah the plot isn't the best and the script isn't all that well done and there was no hunt as all the build up was leading too... But the environments were very well done. Sanghelios is awesome. It's worth at least one play through. Heck to me the swords of Sanghelios mission is one of the best missions in all of Halo, along with the Blue Team mission.
Hydro BxR wrote:
Get a trial of Xbox Game Pass. You'll have halo 5 for free for 14 days. Test it out and then if you like it you can keep the game pass for like $8 a month.
I just got into halo a few days ago and I'm loving it. Warzone is amazing. As for the arena, get ready to play against super pros at all times. I'm in silver division and I'm getting matched against players that kill me with grenades before my screen loads after last death.
The game pass is a good idea.

Warzone is new an exciting at first, but gets incredibly repetitive. Just wait a little while, you'll see.

As for Arena, I wouldn't be that scared. After playing the 10 games that rank you, you'll be put with players of your skill level, so it's a pretty even match up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4