Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is Warzone Assualt Dead?

OP SpaceRangerZ540

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Haven't seen it in the playlist of recent. Guessing it's officially dead? A lack of popularity? Too Bad, it was a fun mode.
Yeah, it looks like they got rid of it. :(
First warzone mode I played.
When I first played it, I was slaughtered right away because of the increased pace.
But then I got use to it and really enjoyed it and short format. I always like it more than
Wazone's long format.
It was moved into a rotational playlist instead of being permanent due to lack of population.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It was moved into a rotational playlist instead of being permanent due to lack of population.
Thanks, that's unfortunate. It was a great option to those of us who don't like WZ's long format.
First place I went upon starting Halo 5 multiplayer.
I feel like the standard warzone is dying also, since I couldn’t get into a match in that playlist. It looks like warzone firefight is getting many more players then the original warzone game type.
I feel like the standard warzone is dying also, since I couldn’t get into a match in that playlist. It looks like warzone firefight is getting many more players then the original warzone game type.
From the latest playlist popularity list, Firefight is only beating Warzone by one spot. It's easier to get games in Firefight because it doesn't have skill restrictions.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
From the latest playlist popularity list, Firefight is only beating Warzone by one spot. It's easier to get games in Firefight because it doesn't have skill restrictions.
And its technically "cooperative"
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I hope they bring it back
Assault was my favorite for a long time and probably my go to playlist for a good stretch but I could see from a mile away why most players got fed up with it. The maps weren't balanced, a majority of the players just hopped in to kill each other and not go for the objective and 90% of the games were steam rolls.
This is better than regular Warzone, I implore you 343 to bring it back now!
I actually liked Warzone Assault with friends. I just never liked that one person can stop your group from capturing the whole thing.
Assault was my favorite for a long time and probably my go to playlist for a good stretch but I could see from a mile away why most players got fed up with it. The maps weren't balanced, a majority of the players just hopped in to kill each other and not go for the objective and 90% of the games were steam rolls.
Steam rolls in WZA were for the most part mercifully short. Regular Warzone especially with the rampant quitters and imbalanced teams is like suffering through a root canal.

The groups that purposely prolonged matches in WZA to farm made for a crappy expierince though.
Steam rolls in WZA were for the most part mercifully short. Regular Warzone especially with the rampant quitters and imbalanced teams is like suffering through a root canal.

The groups that purposely prolonged matches in WZA to farm made for a crappy expierince though.
I love it when teams extend the game in assault. More than half the time they wind up getting cored, losing and wind up on my DVR feed.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Thanks, that's unfortunate. It was a great option to those of us who don't like WZ's long format.
I feel ya mate my mode is rotational now too. Rest in peace grifball.
Eh, when I first got Halo 5: Guardians I went straight to warzone (Ignoring warzone assault) and I had a blast. After a few months I tried warzone assault and couldn't find any players, A year after I tried again and found players almost instantly and (Hate to say it) it was nearly more fun to play than normal warzone, but it got old and boring faster than warzone. So personally, with the low player count and lack of content, I would call warzone assault a dead gamemode.
Looks like WZ FF rules and wins in the end.
Eh, when I first got Halo 5: Guardians I went straight to warzone (Ignoring warzone assault) and I had a blast. After a few months I tried warzone assault and couldn't find any players, A year after I tried again and found players almost instantly and (Hate to say it) it was nearly more fun to play than normal warzone, but it got old and boring faster than warzone. So personally, with the low player count and lack of content, I would call warzone assault a dead gamemode.
Yes, true but will be missed.
Warzone Assault has become a rotational playlist because the population was too low for it to be permanent. It will return every once in a while (once a month if I'm not mistaken).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2