Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is Warzone enough to replace Firefight & Big Team?

OP Jonathan41

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11

Is Warzone enough to replace Firefight & Big Team?

Make Your Selection:

Warzone seems like an attempt to replace both Firefight and Big Team battle by combining the two into one game mode. Do you feel like Warzone properly replaces the two game modes or would you like to see Firefight and/or Big Team Battle make a return?

I'm sure Big Team Battle would be much easier to add in an update so it's likely we'll see it soon. Firefight would require a lot more work but, telling devs what you want never hurt anybody.
Big Team's coming back dude...same time as Forge.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Big Team's coming back dude...same time as Forge.
Beat me to it. It's coming back. Just relax and enjoy warzone to its fullest
Big Team would be great to see, with H5 re-introducing equal starts and more balanced gameplay I think it will be a unique experience compared to Warzone.
I wasn't able to find one single match of warzone, when 343 let me find one, I will give my opinion.
Definitely NOT a replacement for BTB. Originally, I wasn't afraid of saying it was, but seeing as commendations unlock rare Reqs (meaning you kinda need those commendations) and that you can only use different weapons in general through Req stations or killing other players during Warzone, there is very little opportunity to go after those commendations and make worthwhile progress like you would in BTB. Arena on the other hand, just isn't very good for grinding.
Warzone is fun it feels like you're actually fighting in a war. Fighting enemy spartans and marines, covenant, and Prometheans. Nothing like 4 factions going at it at the same time.
MaldyMaldy wrote:
Warzone is fun it feels like you're actually fighting in a war. Fighting enemy spartans and marines, covenant, and Prometheans. Nothing like 4 factions going at it at the same time.
Its fun if your team is any good,but if you find bad people that just stare at the objective without doing anything then lose because of that its not even close to fun
Dr Keags wrote:
MaldyMaldy wrote:
Its fun if your team is any good,but if you find bad people that just stare at the objective without doing anything then lose because of that its not even close to fun
Idk. I mean... It's a social playlist. The experience that you had is what counts, not whether you win or lose. At least in my opinion. Looking left and seeing enemy spartans coming, then looking right and seeing hunters, so you just hide behind crates watching the figh, trying to stay alive, and they don't even know you're there... It's just an invigorating experience. II absolutely go for the objective and play to win, but it's not ranked. Winning isn't what matters.
I'm gonna need some Firefight. I played the hell out of it in Reach, and miss it. Warzone is ok, but it's neither BTB or Firefight.

I'm just really fed up with this game already, and it hasn't even been a full week. Before the game came out I was so excited for it, and couldn't really bring myself to play anything else because all I wanted to play was Halo 5. Now, I just feel like it's a placeholder game until BO3, Fallout 4, and Battlefront, and I'm just slinging -Yoink- against the wall, and hoping that it will stick by trying to get anymore enjoyment out of this game to justify my money.
Warzone is more of an attempt to make a Halo MOBA than combining Firefight and Big team...

In my opinion it doesn't replace Firefight in a good way at all and I still don't understand why 343i won't bring back Firefight, Halo 4 didn't have it, they didn't want to bring it back in their ODST port and now Halo 5 doesn't have it, it's like if they didn't like Firefight...
I'm sorry but I can not play just these modes till December. I am already bored of these as is.
Honestly just needs a full pve/firefight/score attack mode then objectives in arena and this game would be perfect. Its not enough to replace it.
Yeah, let's hope 343 brings that out at some point, without Firefight I'm not gonna play Halo5 for very long...
YunZhaelor wrote:
Yeah, let's hope 343 brings that out at some point, without Firefight I'm not gonna play Halo5 for very long...
well
Fallout 4,Tomb raider,Battlefront and other upcoming games will destroy this game soon
Think that i'm playing this game just because there is nothing better to play atm
Also i'm going back on reach on the 12th of this month
Jonathan41 wrote:
Warzone seems like an attempt to replace both Firefight and Big Team battle by combining the two into one game mode. Do you feel like Warzone properly replaces the two game modes or would you like to see Firefight and/or Big Team Battle make a return?

I'm sure Big Team Battle would be much easier to add in an update so it's likely we'll see it soon. Firefight would require a lot more work but, telling devs what you want never hurt anybody.
It kind of is a combo of both but many don't want a combo. Sometimes I want just BTB and sometimes I just want firefight. We need options to break up the monotony of it all. Loving Breakout btw.
They should add a completely PvE warzone gametype. I'm talking warzone assault 24 spartans Versus a bajillion AI invading or each base then the core. Each player gets unlimited respawns (unlike firefight) and a time limit of 20 min. Imagine firefight x100
Dr Keags wrote:
YunZhaelor wrote:
well
Fallout 4,Tomb raider,Battlefront and other upcoming games will destroy this game soon
Think that i'm playing this game just because there is nothing better to play atm
Yeah if they bring back Reach with backward compatibility on the Xbox One then I don't think I'll have much reasons to keep playing Halo 5 ^^
Hell, Reach might even be a little graphically improved by the emulator :D
Dr Keags wrote:
YunZhaelor wrote:
well
With the current line up this year, I do not think Halo 5 will last till December. At least for me, as I have stated before that I am already getting bored with the lack of variety. Even Custom Games are lacking in so many basic game types.
YunZhaelor wrote:
Dr Keags wrote:
YunZhaelor wrote:
well
Yeah if they bring back Reach with backward compatibility on the Xbox One then I don't think I'll have much reasons to keep playing Halo 5 ^^
It has already been confirmed and it will be in the first wave of the BC games which means it will be playable on the 12th :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11