Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is your Spartan canon?

OP SupplyOstrich14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
CR0N14 wrote:
Everyone's are, but at the same time, most people's aren't. It's complicated.
How can everyones be canon and at the same time most peoples not canon?
That would mean only SOME peoples are canon?
Wot? So how do I make one canon (aka mine)?
There are only about 300-500+ Spartan-IVs, but millions of registered players. Individually, your Spartan is part of Fireteam Crimson (or Apollo if you ordered the lootcrate), but so is everyone else's. We know nothing of the armor, name, gender, etc. of the 4 Spartans that comprise Crimson, so it is not false to say your armor configuration is what your conanical Spartan on Crimson wears, but the millions of others can say the same thing.

I'm guessing you want your Spartan to have a canonical backstory and lore to them that none of the other millions of players can claim as theirs and still be valid, but that is not the case. This gives you the option to create head-canon that the halo universe won't touch, so your Spartan can do whatever they want as long as it stays in the boundary of the universe, but everyone else can also have their own head-canon.

I know this wasn't a good explanation, but hopefully you get it.
Everyone's are, but at the same time, most people's aren't. It's complicated.
Because they're too weak?...Or too strong?!!!
None, read above.
If we were to assume our Spartans are canon, this is most probably the direction we would take.

Have you ever played Destiny? If you have, this explanation would be much more easier for you to understand. In Destiny, the player has to play through the game, meet other NPCs, do quests, and experience events that only the player alone experiences; nobody else in the Destiny universe is similar to the player. However, ironically there are millions of Destiny players out there. Which means that to each and everyone of them, the person they are playing as is unique and the only one to have faced the events of the game. When the different players interact with each other online, this fact isn't compromised because the player is supposed to canonically see the other players as just other random people who happen to be there to aid them.

So so if you apply this to Halo 5, it means that for each and every player, only their own Spartan is canon, and everyone else are random others Spartan recruits training with them. Hence, there are millions of legitimate head-canons about the lore of each person's own Spartan, if you want to take it that way.
So EVERYONE and NO ONE is canon at the same time?
Only problem is that the characters we play as aren't actual Spartans. They're just UNSC Marines in the War Games simulator having fun and pretending to be Spartans. Thus, no canonical Spartans from multiplayer, just nameless cannon fodder that repeatedly die as the Guardians reload checkpoints every time actual Spartans die.

It's a sick game the Guardians are playing.
Thats total BS unless you give me proof.
Only problem is that the characters we play as aren't actual Spartans. They're just UNSC Marines in the War Games simulator having fun and pretending to be Spartans. Thus, no canonical Spartans from multiplayer, just nameless cannon fodder that repeatedly die as the Guardians reload checkpoints every time actual Spartans die.

How else would you canonically explain checkpoints? Either each one is an alternate timeline that is created every time a main character dies when they aren't supposed to, OR the Guardians reverse time to a fixed point to allow the same Spartan to try again until they get it right. It's then only logical that our multiplayer "Spartans" are the hundreds of thousands of NPC's that exist in these alternate realities. Because as others have said, there aren't a million Spartans, Spartan.
If everyone became canon... jeez... let's just say people would appreciate Locke after playing with noob and troll Spartans in the campaign.

How else would you canonically explain checkpoints? Either each one is an alternate timeline that is created every time a main character dies when they aren't supposed to, OR the Guardians reverse time to a fixed point to allow the same Spartan to try again until they get it right. It's then only logical that our multiplayer "Spartans" are the hundreds of thousands of NPC's that exist in these alternate realities. Because as others have said, there aren't a million Spartans, Spartan.
So you are saying the ENTIRE CAMPAIGN is a bunch of simulations?
No its not, it is just when you die you reset back to where you didnt die.
Its not a canon thing it is just something that happens cause in lore your character (Locke, MC) doesnt ever actually die.

Its not a canon thing it is just something that happens cause in lore your character (Locke, MC) doesnt ever actually die.
Nah man, not simulations. Alterations of reality. Campaign is real, it just happens different every time, nobody makes the same exact moves ever. There's infinite possibilities, infinite campaigns, infinite Spartans. Your Spartan isn't special, he's just an infinitely useless NPC.
Only if you buy a 30+ dollar lootbox... Welp...

Nah man, not simulations. Alterations of reality. Campaign is real, it just happens different every time, nobody makes the same exact moves ever. There's infinite possibilities, infinite campaigns, infinite Spartans. Your Spartan isn't special, he's just an infinitely useless NPC.
Im thinking this is not true.
Its a pretty stupid idea and the ez explanation is it just isnt canon. Its like saying WWII games take place in alternate reality when they really dont.
You simply reset where you got a last check point. No canon. nothing.

No, they are not. They are IV's training in between missions on the Infinity, Anvil Station, or a Munera Platform (Breakout arena.)

I don't know where the hell you got that, but it's not true.
Spoiler:
Show
As for whether your Spartan is canon or not, basically this.

This can also be used for Spartan III's. There's actually quite a few unnamed left running around. At least a hundred if I recall. I know Gamma is active and that had 330.

II's however, have absolutely no room for any extra Spartans. A majority of them are dead and the rest that have been named are also dead, MIA, or active.

If you want to go and make your own Spartan "canon" to the universe, it has to be a III or a IV.

No, they are not. They are IV's training in between missions on the Infinity, Anvil Station, or a Munera Platform (Breakout arena.)

I don't know where the hell you got that, but it's not true.
Spoiler:
Show
As for whether your Spartan is canon or not, basically this.

This can also be used for Spartan III's. There's actually quite a few unnamed left running around. At least a hundred if I recall. I know Gamma is active and that had 330.

II's however, have absolutely no room for any extra Spartans. A majority of them are dead and the rest that have been named are also dead, MIA, or active.

If you want to go and make your own Spartan "canon" to the universe, it has to be a III or a IV.
This exactly.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2