Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

It's 2019... Halo 5 Mod Support?

OP SirScoundrel

I love mods and I know how people are hesitant to talk about it since they have a false conception of what Modding IS.
Spoiler:
Show
The Community can create can create some awesome things with Forge.
Imagine with the tools that make it 100x Better!
And hey, 343 could look at that and be like "Hey That's something that's hella cool and want for our game" and add it.
Fallout 3 had a Survival Mod that was popular on the Nexus so the mode was added to New Vegas.

Here is how I'd believe it would work
1. Wait a long enough period either to make tools, or just to wait a long enough time before allowing the community to do it. I'd say after all the content that 343 wanted to add

2. Create the Mod (with whatever method, someone will make a Mod Manager app to make it easy) and upload it to the website, basically using the Current Halo 5 Fileshare System. (In other words PC and Console can have fun playing these) With the option to select "Gamemode/type, Prefab, Map, Quality of Life (Ui, Fixing Bugs, etc), Campaign (Custom Campaigns/Campaign Modifications go here basically) and Graphical (Make it look like CE or make it look like H2A or whatev)". All files will have a PC Icon to identify if it was made on PC and uploaded to the site. Instead of a "Bookmark" option, it would be a "Download" option. Then proceed to open the file in the correct location. This means the Only way to interact with them is via Forge/Customs/Campaign

3. It will lock you out of Matchmaking until all mods are uninstalled.
I vote no .. forge is all Halo needs. I don't like seeing games all chopped up and changed. Forge seems to be getting better with each game so I bet Infinite Forge will be even better.
LethalQ wrote:
I vote no .. forge is all Halo needs. I don't like seeing games all chopped up and changed. Forge seems to be getting better with each game so I bet Infinite Forge will be even better.
It's a little late for that tbh. Halo's 1-4 has mods that make the game go from really great to awesome. Now for Reach and Halo 4 it was to the benefit to the forge community since they increased Map Budgets. It opened Requests for "Insert X" to have more than the map budget allowed. Also it would add features Forgers could use. From Gamemodes from previous Halos to new ideas and minigames. New Scrips and options for Forgers to make use of. This it would only enhance it. And hey if a mode/map is popular enough i could see it appearing in a weekened playlist.
Call me computer illiterate, but seeing the vids of people on top of the tower in ascension on reach sniping everything in sight without even aiming.

That's all I need to see of said "mods".
Forge is all Halo 5 needs in my opinion
LethalQ wrote:
Forge is all that Halo needs and while I do enjoy seeing the creativity of "Halo Mods", it's not something that needs to be supported. Halo 2 was infested with hackers and modders, I'd rather not see that happen to a greater extent.