Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

It's been about 4 months. Still like the radar?

OP MaldyMaldy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Do you guys feel the radar in arena is adequate? It's been enough time to determine whether or not 18m suits the fast paced gameplay of halo 5. In my opinion, no. The radar is too small. Sprint and charge are the two things that do it for me, really. Not complaining about them, but they take complete advantage of the small radar too often. Getting charged in the back is an all too common occurrence for many. Not ranting or anything. Just want to see if you guys feel the new tracker range is still good.

E:1 honestly, I feel like the new radar was made for teams that communicate and practice map call outs and what not. Like I said in a reply, I'm sure the pros love the lack of a radar because they practice all the time and know all the maps and call outs. In random online games where there is very little organization, the lack of a decent motion tracker becomes a burden. This is especially so in free for all, where your only ally IS the radar.
I mean as you said the radar is 18m and I've gotten used to it by now. But i honestly feel like 18m fit all the maps instead of 25m as that would make every map in arena way to easy.
No I hate the living -Yoink- out of that thing. Time after time I get killed because I was unaware of the spartan in my blindspot that was 3 feet away! -Yoink- this new radar, Ill never get used to it and Ill never like it. It has killed me more times than anything else. Also because of it you cant see vehicles barreling towards you for a splatter or spartans running to assassinate you
I hardly even notice it anymore. So I'm fine with it just the way it is.
no, its dumb.

I'm sure they tested a variety of distances to arrive at 18... but it doesn't feel like enough. 20 maybe?
really dont get the issues with the motion tracker, its fine, thw 18m in arena has never been an issue for me at all, stop relying on it too much and actually pay attention to sound and footsteps
I hated it at first. But I've come to like it. Keeps you on your toes more.
All I played during my halo 3 days was MLG soo this radar doesn't bug loll. But I can def see increasing it being an issue with these map sizes!

Maybe be increase it for BTB and warzone only. But I wouldn't want it touched in anything else
It is what it is now. I guess I got use to it.
No the radar(motion detecter) is worthless being so small. Spartans move faster and we have some bigger maps but get a smaller radar.... it sucks. They should just get rid of it. It's more of a distraction than useful. If you look at it the other guy is already shooting you and odds are you are dead as it's too late.
Doesn't matter to me much, I barely use it. Gunfire and footsteps are how I usualy find my targets. But for those of us without turtle beaches I can see how it would be annoying.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Nope, not at all.
I've adjusted to it so yeah I feel it is okay. What is really going to throw me for a loop is if I go after that Helioskrill armor and keep thinking enemies are close to me.
I'm used to it by now, but I still absolutely hate it. It's next to useless, since people will easily sneak up behind you without showing up on there at all. There are many times that I walked into a room, only to get instantly murdered by 3 enemies who were in there that didn't show up on my radar.
Tazzman29 wrote:
I hardly even notice it anymore. So I'm fine with it just the way it is.
Same here.
really dont get the issues with the motion tracker, its fine, thw 18m in arena has never been an issue for me at all, stop relying on it too much and actually pay attention to sound and footsteps
Honestly though, unless you stop in a corner and listen, you won't be able to hear it well enough to distinguish enemy sounds from your own or your teammates. In FFA, there is no time for that. I don't think 18m works when you are with random people that don't communicate. The pros probably love lack of radar because they practice all the time and know how to control the map with call outs and spawn timing and all of that. In a true random online match, the small motion tracker just becomes a burden. And like I said, it's even more of a burden when you are in free for all.
I try not to use it to be honest but I agree, the radar (motion tracker) is too small in H5. Spartan Charge is brutal in this game. They need to tweak it I don't think we should go to what old halos were off the bat, but I think we should bump it up a bit...maybe too 20mm and see what it plays like. In doubles I think for sure it should be up and warzone.

In reality I doubt 343I will change it due to HCS series and such. Why they don't have a HCS playlist is beyond me.
It makes infinitely more sense for communicating teams. The problem is that the vast majority of players are not in communicating teams. It is more skillful and sensible in the instances where there are full, communicating teams. It promotes playing straight dumb when it's essentially Team FFA, which is how the vast majority of people play Halo.

There is a reason MLG in Halo 3 had no radar and the playlists that the vast majority of players played featured a full-range radar. I feel like this should be the case again. Team Arena should have limited/no radar, while most other playlists should have the casual, extended one.
MaldyMaldy wrote:
Honestly though, unless you stop in a corner and listen, you won't be able to hear it well enough to distinguish enemy sounds from your own or your teammates. In FFA, there is no time for that. I don't think 18m works when you are with random people that don't communicate. The pros probably love lack of radar because they practice all the time and know how to control the map with call outs and spawn timing and all of that. In a true random online match, the small motion tracker just becomes a burden. And like I said, it's even more of a burden when you are in free for all.
this isnt true at all, i always listen to sound over the motion tracker and have no issues, when i do check the sensor, i also have no issues, 18m is fine, anything more our pretty much havign the game hold your hand to tell you where every one is, tbh though, if you're always being hit from behind you should probably start watching your back and playing with more caution, running around aimlessly not checking your surroundings is always going to get you killed
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8