Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

It's been about 4 months. Still like the radar?

OP MaldyMaldy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
I feel like it's fine on a couple of maps, but needs an increased range on most others. It should definitely be bigger in BTB and Warzone.
Halo 5 is simply too fast-paced for the motion tracker to be nearly as much help as it did in previous Halo games. Not only that, but I often have trouble figuring out whether an enemy is above or below me. I don't know why, but the small arrow icons just don't do it for me. I miss Halo: Reach's motion tracker.
It's not the distance that bothers me, it's how the radar works as a whole, its VERY deceptive and inconsistent. I've had times where people in front of me don't blip on my radar, but 10 yards away they blip. There is also a problem with telling what level the enemy spartan is on when 3 levels are involved.

Needs tweaks to how it operates but not to its distance.
I'm

happy with the Radar as it us right now
I'm fine with the radar.
Since day one its been fine with me. I honestly rarely use radar unless im above/below somebody. Other than that i use my eyes
I'm more into the old 25m radar than the new 18m one
I agree the radar is a bit small. 343 please make it bigger
Playing Legendary campaigns for all the Halo games, I've pretty much gotten used to not trusting the radar anymore haha!
a lot of debate here. Maybe just get rid of radar
Tazzman29 wrote:
I hardly even notice it anymore. So I'm fine with it just the way it is.
I'm fine with it; I just hate getting Spartan charged from behind within a short distance.
If you want the radar back to its former glory, if you are part of the Halo 5 Survey Program, you should tell them that, that's what I did
really dont get the issues with the motion tracker, its fine, thw 18m in arena has never been an issue for me at all, stop relying on it too much and actually pay attention to sound and footsteps
"sound and footsteps"

How the hell you hear "sound and footsteps" of incoming enemy(2) when you are fighting with enemy(1) in another room?

A good radar is essential for multiple-engagements
in the beta the radar was perfect, 25m and made for tactiful decision making. at 18m it's horrible. Faster paced games have larger radars in general so going against the grain, let alone the standard halo size was a poor choice. I dont even use the radar anymore, it's in the way and has no value as it is.
The beta radar was better than it is now
Not a fan of the radar the way it is now with a much reduced range. I play mcc and reach a lot along with halo 5 and in all the previous games i do use the radar a lot.

This makes it very disorienting on halo 5 when i have enemies in close range and i cant see them on the radar, i get shot down quite a few times even when the radar shows all clear.

think we definitely need a return to the old range of the radar, its a central gameplay mechanic which shouldn't have been messed around with.
I haven't had any issues. Maybe a solution could be to up the distance in free for all and leave it standard for other maps.
i think they should remove radar in arena and go back to old radar in other playlists
Hotrod192 wrote:
I'm used to it by now, but I still absolutely hate it. It's next to useless, since people will easily sneak up behind you without showing up on there at all. There are many times that I walked into a room, only to get instantly murdered by 3 enemies who were in there that didn't show up on my radar.
This sums it up nicely. Running into an area at top speed with no blips on radar, then getting destroyed by the entire enemy team. I'm convinced it straight up doesn't show the enemies sometimes.

I get the arguments about using audio cues and playing without, etc., but radar was an integral part of strategy for a lot of longtime players.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8