It's my money and ill spend it on what I want

OP HellJumper2397

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
So I just watched a video by B something FTW saying don't preorder Halo 5. I've watched a few of his videos and their basically all the same but he said something like if you preorder Halo 5 then you hate halo and we need to save the MCC first. NO. I'lll preorder Halo 5 because I like what I've seen and played from the beta. I don't even play Halo for the mp I play for the story and so far 343 have done a good job. So I am going to preorder Halo 5 not because I hate Halo but because I love it.
Good for you, be your own person!
People advising others not to preorder based on 343's colossal failures to deliver in the past?

Crazy right?
People will act in accordance with their experiences.

Bad experience = no pre-order
Good experience = pre-order

I am very much in the latter; I loved Halo 4 and had very few technical issues with MCC. So as soon as my local GAME shop is accepting pre-orders, I'm there
I want to pre-order as much as the next guy, but you literally gain nothing from pre-ordering. The only reasonable excuse is if you get a limited edition for physical content.. All you are doing is letting microsoft know you are willing to put money down on a game the could potentially be broken. This is nothing about if the beta was fun or not.
You can do whatever you want my friend with your money and I don't see why people think that pre ordering a game equals a broken game on day one I pre order games to help pay it off sooner when I have the money then paying it off later when I don't have the money.
You can do whatever you want my friend with your money and I don't see why people think that pre ordering a game equals a broken game on day one I pre order games to help pay it off sooner when I have the money then paying it off later when I don't have the money.
Companies don't even check pre orders before launch, and to my knowledge don't even get the money until release. It's the same logic as the 343i is MS BS which is 100% false.
Dragnet 38 wrote:
People advising others not to preorder based on 343's colossal failures to deliver in the past?

Crazy right?
Colossal failures? 343 only have botched one release out of 3. Their track record is a lot better than what most people make them out to be.
Dragnet 38 wrote:

Crazy right?

Colossal failures? 343 only have botches one release out of 3. Their track record is a lot better than what most people make them out to be.
Shhhh....don't use logic....
Baron Kit wrote:
Dragnet 38 wrote:

Crazy right?

Colossal failures? 343 only have botches one release out of 3. Their track record is a lot better than what most people make them out to be.

Shhhh....don't use logic....
Quite
BdobbinsFTW isn't tell you to not pre-order Halo 5 because it's bad, he tells you not to pre-order Halo 5 because MCC needs more attention by the company than H5. MCC needs to get fixed ASAP with all the power they have before H5 gets released so that those who bought MCC get what they were promised but the company have been priorotizing H5. They're basically ignoring MCC and if the pre-orders drop and sales drop because of the failure with MCC then that must give some sign that they hade done wrong and they need to fix it.
Dragnet 38 wrote:

Crazy right?
"Colossal failures" is a purely subjective phrase. I don't see either Halo 4 or MCC as failures, let alone colossal ones.

Everybody wants to make Halo 4 the devil, but it really wasn't a bad game. The multiplayer was definitely different, and customizable loadouts weren't the best thing for Halo. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't fun and good in its own way. The story was one of the best in Halo's history. I actually really enjoyed Spartan Ops as well.

MCC had a really crappy start, and that's hard to let go. But the game works fine now, and the April CU looks like it's going to cement the game's greatness by adding quit/betrayal penalties and fixing the ranking system for H2A - which will in turn set 343 up to add ranks to other playlists. I can't think of a non-singleplayer game that came out for the Xbox One that wasn't just as broken as MCC was. Battlefield 4 and Destiny are the two that I had first-hand experience with. They were absolutely shattered at first.

To summarize: I'm going to buy the Halo 5 Limited Collector's Edition the day it comes out because I have loved every Halo game so far, including the H5 beta. I'm not going to listen to some stuck-up Youtube kid who's mad about having to occasionally play Halo 4 when he's in a cross-game playlist, or something else equally ridiculous.
You realize that "don't pre-order" is not the same thing as "don't buy Halo 5 ever"? You gain nothing as a consumer by pre-ordering. Only in very rare cases where supplies are limited(such as Xenoblade) does pre-ordering actually make any sense. But for a AAA release that will also be available digitally there is no advantage. You could just as easily get it the day of release checking some reviews to make sure there are not any glaring issues and honestly it would be smarter to wait a week or so just to make sure there are no MCC level issues.

Forget don't pre-order Halo 5, don't pre-order anything.
Dragnet 38 wrote:

Crazy right?

"Colossal failures" is a purely subjective phrase. I don't see either Halo 4 or MCC as failures, let alone colossal ones.

Everybody wants to make Halo 4 the devil, but it really wasn't a bad game. The multiplayer was definitely different, and customizable loadouts weren't the best thing for Halo. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't fun and good in its own way. The story was one of the best in Halo's history. I actually really enjoyed Spartan Ops as well.

MCC had a really crappy start, and that's hard to let go. But the game works fine now, and the April CU looks like it's going to cement the game's greatness by adding quit/betrayal penalties and fixing the ranking system for H2A - which will in turn set 343 up to add ranks to other playlists. I can't think of a non-singleplayer game that came out for the Xbox One that wasn't just as broken as MCC was. Battlefield 4 and Destiny are the two that I had first-hand experience with. They were absolutely shattered at first.

To summarize: I'm going to buy the Halo 5 Limited Collector's Edition the day it comes out because I have loved every Halo game so far, including the H5 beta. I'm not going to listen to some stuck-up Youtube kid who's mad about having to occasionally play Halo 4 when he's in a cross-game playlist, or something else equally ridiculous.
The story was awful. It was more focused on how chief and cortana could somehow be together in a physical relationship than actually furthering the halo storyline. The dialogue between chief and cortana in this game actually made me say "ouch" after almost every line because they were so corny and awful.
Cortana is dying of AI menopause and chief realizes he's in love with her so they somehow meet in the physical world and cortana touches him and says "Ive been waiting so long to do that" or something along those lines. I thought I was going to be sick i sat through that awful campaign on legendary for a cheap love story between my beloved childhood hero and a computer program. Halo 4 was great right
mbarranca wrote:
Dragnet 38 wrote:

Crazy right?

The story was awful. It was more focused on how chief and cortana could somehow be together in a physical relationship than actually furthering the halo storyline. The dialogue between chief and cortana in this game actually made me say "ouch" after almost every line because they were so corny and awful.
It was certainly focused on Chief and Cortana but in no way was it about them having a physical relationship. Yes they cared about and for each other but physicality? No (though the last scene was about it, the game as a whole wasn't). I'm not sure how the re-appearance of the Didact and Forerunners in general doesn't further the Halo storyline.

I loved the story, I do think it's one of the best so far
Felt like i was listening to dialogue from the notebook while i played an awful campaign I'm happy with MCC though because i can play the good Halo campaigns and I will go back and revisit 4 when im done with the other 3 and maybe its not as awful as i remember it because i only played it through once and it was the night of its release so its been awhile. I remember it disgusting me and throughout the whole campaign i had to keep reminding myself this isnt halo this isnt halo bungie didnt make this awful game. SInce then Ive enjoyed CE Anniversary and MCC so i cant figure out if i hate 343 or not.
mbarranca wrote:
Dragnet 38 wrote:

Crazy right?

I didn't get that vibe at all, but to each his own interpretation. I thought it did a much better job at expanding the Halo universe than any of its predecessors. Halo CE got the ball rolling, but then Halo 2 made it more about the inner workings of the Covenant (don't get me wrong, I love Halo 2's story, it was just fairly small-scale). Halo 3 was basically just the second half of Halo 2 (again, I loved Halo 3's campaign regardless). I felt that Halo 4 was doing more to expand on the universe a whole, rather than picking a single facet to explore. I was learning about Forerunners, the Prometheans, the New Covenant, the Spartan IVs, the Infinity, and various characters associated with each of those things. It also really explored Chief's sociopathy, which was a nice change of pace from "flawless superhero gallivanting around saving the galaxy". Halo 4 had a more human element than previous games have had, and I liked that.

But as I said, I can't - and won't - try to tell anybody how to interpret a story and what to take away from it. That's just how I saw it, and why I appreciated the narrative of Halo 4.
Baron Kit wrote:

Companies don't even check pre orders before launch, and to my knowledge don't even get the money until release. It's the same logic as the 343i is MS BS which is 100% false.
Care to elaborate on how 343 isn't MS?
Lol this thread has already turned into a cesspool of people who hate logic.

Disgusting.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5