Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

It's my money and ill spend it on what I want

OP HellJumper2397

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
mbarranca wrote:
Cortana is dying of AI menopause and chief realizes he's in love with her so they somehow meet in the physical world and cortana touches him and says "Ive been waiting so long to do that" or something along those lines. I thought I was going to be sick i sat through that awful campaign on legendary for a cheap love story between my beloved childhood hero and a computer program. Halo 4 was great right
lol there was no love story, they were deep on a friendship level.
Quote:
I already talked about how the population drop can't be considered concrete evidence of Halo 4's "failure", so I won't waste the time to talk about it again. I'll just reiterate this bit: If it sold well and was enjoyed by many people, I don't see how that can be considered a colossal failure from an objective standpoint. That means that it can subjectively be considered a colossal failure, but - by definition - subjectivity is not factual.
Every Halo game has had quitting/betrayal penalties, so I don't see why MCC should be any different. They haven't described what the penalties will be like yet, so it's way too early to complain about them. Maybe the quit penalties will be like Reach, where it would only start to penalize you if you quit too many games in a short amount of time. If you're quitting that many games, odds are you deserve to be penalized.
I don't understand what you doubt. Battlefield 4 was unplayable for the first ~6 months (horrendous lag, game crashes, not being able to find an occupied lobby), you said so yourself. Destiny was equally unplayable (constant kicks to main menu, lag, game crashes), but they did get their issues sorted out within the first month.
I played the Halo 5 Beta, and I had more fun playing it than I have had playing Halo in a long time. I really enjoyed the small portion of gameplay that was showcased in the beta, so I can safely assume that I will enjoy the final game just as much. MCC works now, so I don't feel bad about having Halo 5 preordered. If it was in the same condition as it was in the first few months, I would probably be holding off. The Halo 5 beta worked just fine (better than MCC did at the time), so I'm confident that the full game will work similarly well. And even if it doesn't at first, that has been the case with most releases lately anyway. Pretty much every multiplayer experience has had a really rocky start on the Xbox One, and they've all been fixed. I'm okay with waiting for the kinks to be worked out, because I know they will be.
Not to mention the fact that Halo 5 is one game, whereas MCC is 4 games (5, if you split H2C and H2A) all running on individual original servers. The MCC was an overly ambitious project, especially as the first project from 343 for the Xbox One. Halo 5 will be one game with one multiplayer experience, and they've had the MCC to learn from.
Finally, I have no idea who "bdobbins" is, but I don't appreciate being insulted because I want to buy a game I like. I never said you had to buy it, I just said that I will. I'm not sending any kind of message to anyone, I'm keeping up with a universe that I love. If that's hard for you to wrap your head around, I really don't know why you're on these forums.
Here's the problem: you don't consider the general feedback of the players regarding halo 4 and its many problems, including weapon balancing along with literally going against the entire gameplay that halo used to be and only define success in a game by profits. You don't take in the longevity that games have to offer and the overall time players actually play the game. The problem with this kind of thinking is that it encourages games to be made for generating the most money while using the least amount of resources, which in turn, strips down the fun in what people actually paid for, primary example being destiny. The term "colossal failure" is subjective in of itself, but the issue people address that makes halo 4 earn that title is very much the truth.

Creating quitting penalties is a problem due to the damage made to tmcc because of the botched launch. Admittedly, it may be too early to complain about this, but if 343 makes it too strict, people may be more likely not play the game given the frustrations of the collection already.

The point I tried to make was kinda skewed by mentioning bf4, as it suffered the same fate as mcc. Really was trying to only mention destiny, with the different time it took for both games to be fixed, with halo taking nearly 4 months.

Also, the point bdobbins is trying to make in the video is that you shouldn't preorder (not necessarily buy) halo 5 because that shows you're allowing 343 to not be punished for destroying the launch of tmcc and that in turn creates a bigger chance for 343 to create the exact same problem for halo 5. This has nothing to do with halo 5 itself, but with the chance of tmcc dying a very premature death due to a company's incompetence. He wants you along with everyone else to encourage the #savemccfirst every time microsoft encourages preorders of halo 5. This will show that mcc is to remain a priority and that 343 needs to actually give proper support instead of just monthly updates. Hopefully this will clear up some confusion between you and the message bdobbins is trying to send.
That guy's channel is quite odd, and he every one of his videos just jumps on the hate bandwagon to gain more likes. Some of his videos I agree with (cough, Destiny), and others I think to myself "This guy is worse than Halo Follower. What a jerk." Did you actually listen to his arguments? And are you actually going to listen to somebody who 'hasn't used a writing utensil in years?'

Look, I get the argument: Pre-ordering shows you already want to buy the game, but 343 should continue focusing on fixing MCC. However, he's taking in way out of context. 343 isn't going to completely drop the MCC and abandon it for Halo 5, and it isn't going to do the same thing vice versa. If 343 was going to do this, the MCC would still be in its week one status. They've kept with the game, continuing to update, and since the beginning of the month, it's been working great. Yes, there are still bugs. But Destiny will kick you out of the game world more than the MCC now.

People: spend your money how you see fit, don't let anybody well you otherwise. No need to start a flamewar about it.
Baron Kit wrote:
L377UC3 wrote:
Baron Kit wrote:
You can do whatever you want my friend with your money and I don't see why people think that pre ordering a game equals a broken game on day one I pre order games to help pay it off sooner when I have the money then paying it off later when I don't have the money.


Companies don't even check pre orders before launch, and to my knowledge don't even get the money until release. It's the same logic as the 343i is MS BS which is 100% false.


Care to elaborate on how 343 isn't MS?


They were created by Micro$haft for the specific purpose of carrying the Halo torch, but that doesn't mean that they are MS. Whether all of the 343 members are/were MS employees or not is of little consequence, because now they're 343. If they were MS, they would just call themselves that.


Not only this but to say MS is 343i is to say Dice is EA and Bungie is acti. That is just not how it works. But y'know I've found if you just shout Non-sense as such people just accept it.
Ouch KitKat. That last sentence hurt on a very deep level. xD

Also, by DICE you mean EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment. It's the proper name of the company and it's owned by EA. Like 343i is owned by Microsoft. The difference with Bungie is that there's a publishing deal going on. Activision doesn't own Bungie. Activision does own Infinity Ward, Treyarch and has merged with Blizzard Entertainment. But I suppose I see your point.
L377UC3 wrote:
Baron Kit wrote:
L377UC3 wrote:
Baron Kit wrote:
You can do whatever you want my friend with your money and I don't see why people think that pre ordering a game equals a broken game on day one I pre order games to help pay it off sooner when I have the money then paying it off later when I don't have the money.


Companies don't even check pre orders before launch, and to my knowledge don't even get the money until release. It's the same logic as the 343i is MS BS which is 100% false.


Care to elaborate on how 343 isn't MS?


They were created by Micro$haft for the specific purpose of carrying the Halo torch, but that doesn't mean that they are MS. Whether all of the 343 members are/were MS employees or not is of little consequence, because now they're 343. If they were MS, they would just call themselves that.


Not only this but to say MS is 343i is to say Dice is EA and Bungie is acti. That is just not how it works. But y'know I've found if you just shout Non-sense as such people just accept it.

Ouch Kitkat. That last sentence hurt on a very deep level.

Also, by DICE you mean EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment. It's the proper name of the company and it's owned by EA. Like 343i is owned by Microsoft. The difference with Bungie is that there's a publishing deal going on. Activision doesn't own Bungie. Activision does own Infinity Ward, Treyarch and has merged with Blizzard Entertainment. But I suppose I see your point.
I don't mean it at you, and yes I know the prope names, but they still are not MS.
Baron Kit wrote:
L377UC3 wrote:
Baron Kit wrote:
L377UC3 wrote:
Baron Kit wrote:
You can do whatever you want my friend with your money and I don't see why people think that pre ordering a game equals a broken game on day one I pre order games to help pay it off sooner when I have the money then paying it off later when I don't have the money.


Companies don't even check pre orders before launch, and to my knowledge don't even get the money until release. It's the same logic as the 343i is MS BS which is 100% false.


Care to elaborate on how 343 isn't MS?


They were created by Micro$haft for the specific purpose of carrying the Halo torch, but that doesn't mean that they are MS. Whether all of the 343 members are/were MS employees or not is of little consequence, because now they're 343. If they were MS, they would just call themselves that.


Not only this but to say MS is 343i is to say Dice is EA and Bungie is acti. That is just not how it works. But y'know I've found if you just shout Non-sense as such people just accept it.


Ouch Kitkat. That last sentence hurt on a very deep level.

Also, by DICE you mean EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment. It's the proper name of the company and it's owned by EA. Like 343i is owned by Microsoft. The difference with Bungie is that there's a publishing deal going on. Activision doesn't own Bungie. Activision does own Infinity Ward, Treyarch and has merged with Blizzard Entertainment. But I suppose I see your point.

I don't mean it at you, and yes I know the prope names, but they still are not MS.
Yeah I know, I misread it. Comment edited, don't worry.
I want to pre-order as much as the next guy, but you literally gain nothing from pre-ordering. The only reasonable excuse is if you get a limited edition for physical content.. All you are doing is letting microsoft know you are willing to put money down on a game the could potentially be broken. This is nothing about if the beta was fun or not.
It his opinion dude. Let people buy what they want, and the game have not been release yet. Stop predicting that the game would be broken. :/
Then don't complain when the game doesn't work at launch.
L377UC3 wrote:
Baron Kit wrote:
L377UC3 wrote:
Baron Kit wrote:
L377UC3 wrote:
Baron Kit wrote:
You can do whatever you want my friend with your money and I don't see why people think that pre ordering a game equals a broken game on day one I pre order games to help pay it off sooner when I have the money then paying it off later when I don't have the money.


Companies don't even check pre orders before launch, and to my knowledge don't even get the money until release. It's the same logic as the 343i is MS BS which is 100% false.


Care to elaborate on how 343 isn't MS?


They were created by Micro$haft for the specific purpose of carrying the Halo torch, but that doesn't mean that they are MS. Whether all of the 343 members are/were MS employees or not is of little consequence, because now they're 343. If they were MS, they would just call themselves that.


Not only this but to say MS is 343i is to say Dice is EA and Bungie is acti. That is just not how it works. But y'know I've found if you just shout Non-sense as such people just accept it.


Ouch Kitkat. That last sentence hurt on a very deep level.

Also, by DICE you mean EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment. It's the proper name of the company and it's owned by EA. Like 343i is owned by Microsoft. The difference with Bungie is that there's a publishing deal going on. Activision doesn't own Bungie. Activision does own Infinity Ward, Treyarch and has merged with Blizzard Entertainment. But I suppose I see your point.


I don't mean it at you, and yes I know the prope names, but they still are not MS.

Yeah I know, I misread it. Comment edited, don't worry.
I try my best to not offend ^~^
Well congrats op. MCC will remain unfixed and be broken in many ways, and this bad press through the community will mean less will buy Halo 5, killing it in the long run. Your childish mentality is simply adding to the slow decline of this franchise. Well done.
How is he acting childish? He saying it his choice and opinion to buy game and not let people tell him what he can't buy.
BdobbinsFTW isn't tell you to not pre-order Halo 5 because it's bad, he tells you not to pre-order Halo 5 because MCC needs more attention by the company than H5. MCC needs to get fixed ASAP with all the power they have before H5 gets released so that those who bought MCC get what they were promised but the company have been priorotizing H5. They're basically ignoring MCC and if the pre-orders drop and sales drop because of the failure with MCC then that must give some sign that they hade done wrong and they need to fix it.
Judging by his attitude, how he came on the MCC FORUMS let alone and advertised his OWN VIDEO by hiding it in a thread HE POSTED, and the comments on his video alone? That's not the message I got.

The man has a delusional hatred for 343, his videos were spammed on the MCC forums let alone. I have no respect for a person like that.
Then don't complain when the game doesn't work at launch.
Basing that upon the fact that 343's only released one broken game? I recall Halo 4 being very polished.

Hell all this nonsense started because the MCC launched in it's broken state. Only thing Halo 4 was hated for was the AA's and Sprint..
Then don't complain when the game doesn't work at launch.


Basing that upon the fact that 343's only released one broken game? I recall Halo 4 being very polished.

Hell all this nonsense started because the MCC launched in it's broken state. Only thing Halo 4 was hated for was the AA's and Sprint..
The Preorder debacle is quite a bit older than the MCC. People have always been a little uneasy about it.
I agree. btw, the title of your thread made me think of this.
Then don't complain when the game doesn't work at launch.

Basing that upon the fact that 343's only released one broken game? I recall Halo 4 being very polished.

Hell all this nonsense started because the MCC launched in it's broken state. Only thing Halo 4 was hated for was the AA's and Sprint..
Yeah Halo 4 WORKED at least. I wouldn't doubt Halo 5 would work properly but have some gameplay flaws that can be addressed.
Oh, and you forgot to mention Personal Ordinance and Perks. I tolerate most of them, but will never ever stop hating Survivor - especiallyl after BTB Heavies.
Then don't complain when the game doesn't work at launch.

Basing that upon the fact that 343's only released one broken game? I recall Halo 4 being very polished.

Hell all this nonsense started because the MCC launched in it's broken state. Only thing Halo 4 was hated for was the AA's and Sprint..
It started because every single game 343I has released were released in a broken state. CEA, 4 and MCC were all broken at launch and it took 343I months to fix them.
It's my money, and I need it now!
mbarranca wrote:
Dragnet 38 wrote:
People advising others not to preorder based on 343's colossal failures to deliver in the past?

Crazy right?


"Colossal failures" is a purely subjective phrase. I don't see either Halo 4 or MCC as failures, let alone colossal ones.

Everybody wants to make Halo 4 the devil, but it really wasn't a bad game. The multiplayer was definitely different, and customizable loadouts weren't the best thing for Halo. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't fun and good in its own way. The story was one of the best in Halo's history. I actually really enjoyed Spartan Ops as well.

MCC had a really crappy start, and that's hard to let go. But the game works fine now, and the April CU looks like it's going to cement the game's greatness by adding quit/betrayal penalties and fixing the ranking system for H2A - which will in turn set 343 up to add ranks to other playlists. I can't think of a non-singleplayer game that came out for the Xbox One that wasn't just as broken as MCC was. Battlefield 4 and Destiny are the two that I had first-hand experience with. They were absolutely shattered at first.

To summarize: I'm going to buy the Halo 5 Limited Collector's Edition the day it comes out because I have loved every Halo game so far, including the H5 beta. I'm not going to listen to some stuck-up Youtube kid who's mad about having to occasionally play Halo 4 when he's in a cross-game playlist, or something else equally ridiculous.


The story was awful. It was more focused on how chief and cortana could somehow be together in a physical relationship than actually furthering the halo storyline. The dialogue between chief and cortana in this game actually made me say "ouch" after almost every line because they were so corny and awful.

I didn't get that vibe at all, but to each his own interpretation. I thought it did a much better job at expanding the Halo universe than any of its predecessors. Halo CE got the ball rolling, but then Halo 2 made it more about the inner workings of the Covenant (don't get me wrong, I love Halo 2's story, it was just fairly small-scale). Halo 3 was basically just the second half of Halo 2 (again, I loved Halo 3's campaign regardless). I felt that Halo 4 was doing more to expand on the universe a whole, rather than picking a single facet to explore. I was learning about Forerunners, the Prometheans, the New Covenant, the Spartan IVs, the Infinity, and various characters associated with each of those things. It also really explored Chief's sociopathy, which was a nice change of pace from "flawless superhero gallivanting around saving the galaxy". Halo 4 had a more human element than previous games have had, and I liked that.

But as I said, I can't - and won't - try to tell anybody how to interpret a story and what to take away from it. That's just how I saw it, and why I appreciated the narrative of Halo 4.
Cause the xbox couldn't fit halo 2's actual story
Dragnet 38 wrote:
I'd like to add that I read your links. The first one can hardly be taken as fact; it's one of the most blatantly biased things I've ever read. The graphs may or may not be correct, but the fact that writer can't go two lines without slandering 343/MS really tanks his credibility. Also, custom games were definitely horrible in Halo 4. To be fair though, custom games pretty much died with Reach anyway. At least for my friends group they did. Gaming as a whole has gotten to the point where very few people want to play custom matches on any game simply because it doesn't help them "progress" - there aren't any ranks or unlocks or any tangible reason to play customs. It really is a shame that most people don't want to just play a game to have fun anymore, they need to be rewarded for playing.


It's not bias at all. The writer objectively listed the events during Halo 4's downfall and his "slandering" was a direct response to the 343's total ineptitude to support the game after launch. More than enough reason to get angry was given

There is a difference between a game not being the supported the way that you want it to, and it not being supported at all. 343 constantly supported Halo 4 by nerving/buffing guns, changing playlists, adding custom community maps to matchmaking, and fixing other gameplay issues like glitches/bugs. I had a lot more fun playing Halo 4 multiplayer a year after it came out than I did right after it was released.

The writer was looking for any and all reasons to bash 343/MS, whether founded or unfounded, and never once mentioned anything good that they did. That's the definition of biased.



Bro,

It took them 3 months to fix the Boltshot, 7 months to release a title update for global weapon balancing and in the realm of 9 months to release frigging 1-Flag CTF (which was the only alleviation Custom games ever got). This is far from being a shining example of post launch support.


I had a lot more fun playing Halo 4 multiplayer a year after it came out than I did right after it was released.
^Isn't that exactly my case in point?

As for the writer, his article was specifically about the DOWNFALL of Halo 4. The entire purpose was to pinpoint the issues with Halo 4 and 343, hold them accountable and berate them for it.
I didn't preorder because I don't have the money too, and I'm not sure if I will. I agree that 343 failed Halo 4's multiplayer and MCC as a whole, however, despite the boring campaign (IMO) I still enjoyed the character development of Halo 4, and have hope that they'll do better with Halo 5, which is why I'll buy it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5