Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

"It Should Have Been There At Launch"

OP Dr Robaldnik

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm really tired of people saying this. Yes, it should have been there at launch, but we can't change that anymore. It doesn't help that people keep saying it over and over again. Just one question, when are you going to get over it? Again, yeah it should have been there. It's been more than three months now. I'm sure 343 has learned there lesson.

Please do not bring up the excuse of, "We are getting remixes nobody asked for." Okay, we didn't get what we wanted, and 343 needs to know that. But, at least we got more content. If remixes don't count to you, then why are you still playing halo 5? At least something changes for the remix.

Let's just stick to asking 343 for game modes and REAL maps. Just don't bring up the fact that it "should have been there at launch." Nothing can change that, and I'm pretty sure people are getting tired of it.
The reason people bring this up is in hopes that Halo 6 will have adequate content at launch.
you complaint should have been there at launch.

but you make a good point ill give you that.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
The reason people bring this up is in hopes that Halo 6 will have adequate content at launch.
I know. I do believe halo 6 will have WAY better content at launch (because all games should). But there really is no need to bring it up.
EndersEye wrote:
you complaint should have been there at launch.

but you make a good point ill give you that.
Thanks. I'm not one of those people that hate on a game, just because stuff should have been there in the first place. Nothing can change the past, so I just wait for the content to come in updates, rather than not at all.
It keeps getting brought up because people are worshipping 343 for bringing in these gametypes through the "funding" of microtranscations, whilst most other Halo games had these day one, no download or $$$ involved. It took them over 6 months to even bring the basic UI features of a halo title (post game medals for example) into Halo 5. "Should of been in at launch" is another way of saying that 343 still has not met the MININUM requirements and expectations a halo game should meet. Even after all of these "free updates" we still have less gamemodes than Halo Reach and Halo 3. We have a population that can barely support the current playlists, which makes it even harder to add in new game modes, as for example, when infection was released, I have been unable to find a regular arena match outside of infection.

Accepting mediocrity does not improve games, repeatedly stating that we will not accept it improves games. If the community did not keep asking for infection, I doubt we would have got it, I remember people saying much the same about infection "no one played it anyway" "warzone is better". And what do these same people say when 343 adds it in? "343 is listening to the community" "343 is the best" etc etc.
If Halo 6 runs on the same engine as Halo 5, then they can just port all of the gamemodes in from Halo 5.
Certainly there were many expectations that were not met with the launch content. However I agree op, it is not productive to keep dwelling on it.
Certainly there were many expectations that were not met with the launch content. However I agree op, it is not productive to keep dwelling on it.
I know. It doesn't help anyone. It was a thing in the past.
It keeps getting brought up because people are worshipping 343 for bringing in these gametypes through the "funding" of microtranscations, whilst most other Halo games had these day one, no download or $$$ involved. It took them over 6 months to even bring the basic UI features of a halo title (post game medals for example) into Halo 5. "Should of been in at launch" is another way of saying that 343 still has not met the MININUM requirements and expectations a halo game should meet. Even after all of these "free updates" we still have less gamemodes than Halo Reach and Halo 3. We have a population that can barely support the current playlists, which makes it even harder to add in new game modes, as for example, when infection was released, I have been unable to find a regular arena match outside of infection.

Accepting mediocrity does not improve games, repeatedly stating that we will not accept it improves games. If the community did not keep asking for infection, I doubt we would have got it, I remember people saying much the same about infection "no one played it anyway" "warzone is better". And what do these same people say when 343 adds it in? "343 is listening to the community" "343 is the best" etc etc.
I completely agree with you. This was a game mainly about the req system, but from all of the things the community yelled at 343 for like, no infection, or no BTB, I think 343 has learned there lesson. (I hope they learned there lesson.) Again, a lot of things were not in the game at launch, but if we keep asking for more game modes and things like that, the game WILL get better.
If Halo 6 runs on the same engine as Halo 5, then they can just port all of the gamemodes in from Halo 5.
Agreed. I wonder why they didn't do that. But I don't know anything about game programming.
Halo 5 runs on the same engine as all of the other halos and they didn't just "port all of the game modes in".
i think its important to make sure 343 keeps hearing it so that they continue to know that the community was upset about it and it doesn't happen again on Halo 6. Absolutely agree, its impossible for them to go back and change on Halo 5 launched. However, this is the time to make sure they know that it should not happen again, because this is the time they can change it. If those complaints went away when they started doing DLC, then they would think that this was an OK plan and would consider doing it this way again. By making sure with each update they hear that this is something that should have been included when we bought the game, then it is another reminder for Halo 6.

and because lets be honest here, these things should have been included in Halo 5 at the beginning.
Halo 5 runs on the same engine as all of the other halos and they didn't just "port all of the game modes in".
They rebuilt and changed so much of it for Halo 5 that game types simply couldn't be ported over easily.

Think of it like a car engine. You can replace or upgrade parts all you want, but some additions require other parts to be changed to accommodate them. Drastic changes can't just be put in without impacting other aspects.
I'm really tired of people saying this. Yes, it should have been there at launch, but we can't change that anymore. It doesn't help that people keep saying it over and over again. Just one question, when are you going to get over it? Again, yeah it should have been there. It's been more than three months now. I'm sure 343 has learned there lesson.

Please do not bring up the excuse of, "We are getting remixes nobody asked for." Okay, we didn't get what we wanted, and 343 needs to know that. But, at least we got more content. If remixes don't count to you, then why are you still playing halo 5? At least something changes for the remix.

Let's just stick to asking 343 for game modes and REAL maps. Just don't bring up the fact that it "should have been there at launch." Nothing can change that, and I'm pretty sure people are getting tired of it.
The issue is more that some people and 343 act like they are doing us a favor by adding that content that should have been there at launch. As I've stated before it is as if I spend the money for a set of dishes and they give me half when I purchase it and send me two more piece a month until the set is complete. All the while the store is e-mailing me and having my mates remind me how wonderful they are for giving me what I paid for and not charging me extra for it in the process.

As for 'getting over it', well you made this thread I didn't and I'll be satisfied when I think the game is finished: KOTH, VIP, Juggernaut, Oddball in matchmaking, and permanent social playlists.
That depends on when Halo 6 comes out, only then will people have something else to talk about.
The entire discussion is focusing in on avoiding the poor management decisions 343 have made thus far, its a reminder to 343 and a discussion the community can have to voice displeasure in a lacking product. 5 is over and its barely played, were trying to turn the ship around before 6 comes out.
. Just one question, when are you going to get over it?
When halo 6 comes out as a full game at launch.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
I know. I do believe halo 6 will have WAY better content at launch (because all games should). But there really is no need to bring it up.
You have no reason to believe there will automatically be more content. 343 has demonstrated multiple times that's not the case.

There is every reason to bring it up.
PolyG3D wrote:
F16 HUNTER wrote:
You have no reason to believe there will automatically be more content. 343 has demonstrated multiple times that's not the case.

There is every reason to bring it up.
I thought halo 4 had even better content than reach. Halo MCC was just four games in one. Halo 5 was really the ONLY halo game to have the least amount of content at launch. It was only one halo game, and I have faith that the next halo game will have a great amount of content at launch, like all the others.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2