Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

It takes more than 600$ to unlock all reqs......

OP seaguard500

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5


For comparison, by the way, it's a little over $3000 to own all the content in League of Legends.
I don't play LoL

However for what I have seen I do believe you can at least CHOOSE what you want to buy.

What Hero you want
What Skin you want
Etc.

In Halo 5 you can't you have to pray to RNGesus to get something you want which 90% of the time won't happen because it is random and luck based.

I preferred Reach system where you could DECIDE what your points would be used on.
You should earn enough points from playing games to not have to spent another penny on a REQ pack. And using points to get silver and gold packs will guarantee you two unlocked content pieces. Yeah, there's some randomization, but eventually that randomization decreases as you unlock more pieces. Just gotta have some patience.
*edited...sorry, double post for some reason
I unlocked them all with this method:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/i-have-every-req-from-packs-ama/02701d68-b3cc-4b91-b13e-89cf92fc64fe/posts

Cost $250
Here is the math he is talking about. There are 900 permanent unlocks including armor stances emblems skins and certs etc. Ive been playing since the game came out 2 weeks ago and ive unlocked 88 so 44 a week so through play it should take around 20-21 weeks which isnt nearly as bad as I or I assume op thought. But on the flip side if you could unlock all of it in sliver packs for $2 (idk how many you can only get from gold due to rarity so this number is going to be less than it should be) thats $900. So if you think every unlock is WORTH THIS VALUE go ahead and say the micro transactions are great and if not then we are being robbed
I agree earning this is better than buying but if developers can get away with charging some poor soul that much money for armor and emblems that they wont even use where does this stop
I also agree that the total value of these unlocks is not worth $900 so the price should be dropped to a fair value and even $0.50 comes out to $225 so money wise this system is a money vacuum so to all thinking of buying more than a couple packs should consider grinding for the helmet you really want
I'm sorry, I didn't finish reading your post. The bottom line is, this is micro transactions. There's no limit to how much you can spend, why should there be? Yes, you can dump real cash to unlock everything. I think part of the high cost is to make people see its not worth spending real cash to unlock it all. By all means, spend $600 on one game, or just play it and unlock it for a base $60 like everyone else who isn't using their daddy's credit card.
If REQs only gave cosmetic upgrades (and NO advantages in any MP game type), then I think people would have less to complain about. The factor of the matter is that REQ packs do offer advantages over people who don't have them. It's a very slight advantage but it is there. Even if you exclude out the argument of one-time cards and only look at the weapon unlocks for AR/BR/SMG/DMR. Can you honestly tell me that those don't offer some advantage over people without them? Despite the fact that you still have to "level up" the REQ system to use said weapons, it still an unbalancing factor when one player can equipped themselves better (and get unlimited replenishment) for those standard weapons.

Meanwhile, I don't think the pricing of the REQ should be changed. Considering that REQ funds a Tournament grand prize (and possibly future development on Halo 5), it's totally acceptable as that kind of funding keeps dev teams going (and justified to their bean counters).

Yes sub models are outdated but they served a good purpose of funding continual development but since very few games can sustain that model, Micro transactions are in (as well a DLC model).
Yes, you can dump real cash to unlock everything. I think part of the high cost is to make people see its not worth spending real cash to unlock it all.
Hey who knows maybe 343/Microsoft might go the EA/Battlefield model where a 6 months to a year later they'll sell you a REQ Super pack that only has permanent unlocks for you for a low cost of $24.99.
To add to this argument, I don't think armor, emblems, weapon commendations, and legendary permanent items should be in the req system. I'd rather those be earned through achievements like in previous halos. Keep the req packs limited to common-rare weapons and vehicles as a top-off if you're running low on weapons
Didn't read thru all the comments sure somebody probably said this but thats good that it cost that much. It should take a while to get all these unlocks. That's what I'm loving about halo right now. You can put a lot of time into this game. Feels like you're playing for something somewhat.

When I spend large amounts of money in games that takes the fun out of it to me sometimes or it takes the time that the game would last down tremendously. I could see me playing halo 5 for awhile trying to get all these armor unlocks, special types of smgs, ARs, and BRs etc. but like I said that's good that they made it that high. Make ppl play the game for the unlocks. Can't just buy them unless you wanna pay that ticket.
You will unlock everything if you play the game long enough. I don't know if you get the point of "optional" or not. They give you the choice to earn or pay for them. Simple way for them to earn money for more content/ set up future events.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
getatme94 wrote:
Any sane person has to admit that is WAY too much to spend on a video game. I think 100$ would be pushing it. Also if anyone brings up the argument of unlocking everything with req points that's a LOT of time. Way more than is acceptable to me.

The system should work like this- by the time you reach level 50 (SR50) you should have all weapon and vehicle certs. Let's be honest, you earned them (I have been playing for a solid week now and maybe have 15%, and only a few rares. After that you should just be able to buy req packs with your points and be able to use any thing you have. Plain and simple.

I speak from experience in saying that playing the game for a week straight, like all day, without good weapons, against my urge to be productive, has resulted in the culmination of knowledge that I will probably not have all the weapon and vehicle certs for a year maybe if I go at it regularly (which should not and will not happen.). This is mainly because of all the other permanent unlocks other than weapon and vehicle certs.

But by all means, if you have 1000$ just lying around, or, let's be honest, no life for the next few months streight at least, then go ahead. Do your worst and get all those certs for that ridiculous amount of money or time. I certainly won't.
IT IS OPTIONAL FOR THE LAST TIME!. so "way too much" to spend on a game is not a vaild statement fully because get this YOU FOR NO REASON OTHER THEN PURE LAZYNESS HAVE TO EVER SPEND THAT MUCH -.- microtransactions and "grinding" are here to say! get used to in and shut up. thank games like destiny for this new level of console shooter grind. and cod for micro transactions galore.
Why should people be silent about micro transactions in gaming? There is no reason to shut up and accept it as normal part of games. Its a -Yoink- practice, and as long as people don't say anything there will never be a chance for eliminating it. People like you are making games turn out like -Yoink- now-a-days, hopping on any hype train that comes around, ready to be spoon feed what ever garbage, developers and publishers push.
People aren't silent about microTs. Many games all I see are complaints about it but how has that gone so far? Wanna know why nothings been done about it? It makes millions of dollars and to be honest I doubt most of you would pass that up if you were in their shoes. Another reason no one does anything is cuz people like me have no concern for microTs (I rarily pay for them but I'm not vs it either) as I simply don't give a -Yoink- to something that has no effect on me.

Lastly seeing your comment I can already tell you lack a full understanding of micro transactions...... I may not be vs or support it but I understand why and what they do in many ways possible. You just seem to think it's for rich boys who want to buy everything instantly based off your assanine post.
You cannot be more wrong. I understand the system well and am saying that it is simply not worth it for so many people. Around 3.00$ for a gold pack, with only two out of around 1000 permanent unlocks basically doesn't mean anything to anyone who really thinks about it.

I know that 343i would actually maximize profit margins if they would have priced them more reasonably. That way more people would buy them and they would make more money. But I guess someone as assanine as yourself wouldn't understand something so simple.
Good comeback...... You done yet?

Seriously you still yet prove you don't understand the complete reason of microTs. You say its not worth it to people the the HCS is now at 1.5 million dollars......lol but its not worth it remember? 2.99 is also cheaper than MOST microTs of other games. War frame for example......$5 for cheapest stack of plat (in game currency only bought with real money), ESO the cheapest is again $5 I believe, destiny...... $5 is the cheapest to get that currency which is again.....only gained by real world money. Point being halo is cheaper BUT we can still earn this stuff in game where as other games you can only get stuff using real $$. Just an FYI, there's around 600 armour unlocks, maybe around 800 unlocks total in game but you're close at least.

Now then....... This part you're pretty much wrong as majority have their mind made up if microTs. Decreasing price won't make those who dispise them buy them. It really just means those who buy them already would spend more. So really the profit gain isn't a huge difference if the same people would still be buying either way.
Was actually putting you, like other people out to offend others, in your place. Yes my opinion cannot be proved unless they reduce prices but at least I'm not out to insult anyone who is cool enough to comment here damn chill out.
Insulting others? It's a fact that what the dude said was "assanine" while he was insulting others as well. Man I love people now a days. Also don't tell me to chill out in a debate, I'm here to debate.
The actual fact is that your opinion of what I said (worst implying insane) was that it was insulting. Insane can mean a few things, like anyone can call master chief insane for what he has done and everyone would also know that he is awesome. So your opinion isn't fact until it is shared with the vast majority of people at least. That's what facts are. And debating is fine as long as you don't just bash who started it. Then it's not debating.
I could show you what insulting is if I really wanted to however you really haven't insulted me so I've no reason to act on it. Fact is calling people who will be "spoon fed by game developers and ruin games" is insulting because it's a stereotype, it's a typical insult vs people who defend microTs (look all over the forums! There's your definition of fact if you think it needs to be shared by many others as well) That's what I replied to and I stand by that what was said is an assanine response. Sorry if you don't like it but I did it in a polite way instead of cursing the man/woman out (which is a real insult) like a lot of people generally do in these forums.
It's going to take more cash once they add more DLC, so I only overpaid for the Limited Edition and I will only fork over five extra dollars each time new stuff is added.
Chispa6081 wrote:
If REQs only gave cosmetic upgrades (and NO advantages in any MP game type), then I think people would have less to complain about. The factor of the matter is that REQ packs do offer advantages over people who don't have them. It's a very slight advantage but it is there. Even if you exclude out the argument of one-time cards and only look at the weapon unlocks for AR/BR/SMG/DMR. Can you honestly tell me that those don't offer some advantage over people without them? Despite the fact that you still have to "level up" the REQ system to use said weapons, it still an unbalancing factor when one player can equipped themselves better (and get unlimited replenishment) for those standard weapons.

Meanwhile, I don't think the pricing of the REQ should be changed. Considering that REQ funds a Tournament grand prize (and possibly future development on Halo 5), it's totally acceptable as that kind of funding keeps dev teams going (and justified to their bean counters).

Yes sub models are outdated but they served a good purpose of funding continual development but since very few games can sustain that model, Micro transactions are in (as well a DLC model).
To your first para. The game matches players up based off cards (supposedly and idk if it's true or not). So essentially we're supposed to be equal in what's available and what we have. Also to me it really doesn't give advantages as they still have to kill other players while not losing that req card. I've destroyed many tanks already simply by putting a grenade in them. There went their $3 tank...... Now, skilled players will have advantages generally but it's not a guaranteed thing that you have the advantage.
One thing to add, 343 said the microTs were all going toward HCS correct? I remember them saying we'd get free maps before release, not microTs supporting the free Maps. As I've posted in another thread, it makes more sense for maps to be free for these reasons:

1. It won't divide the community by who has what maps, therefore the population can still all play together.
2.it can elongate a games life not having said divided community
3. Past halo games have done free maps before
4. Halo 4 did paid dlc Maps And what happened? They wee rarily played on less there was a specific dlcplaylist

I believe 343 will actually give free maps as its more beneficial after learning how h4 went with paid dlc maps. Could the microTs be helping pay for free Maps? Possibility as they've already raised HCS to 1.5 million dollars.
Krowfyre wrote:
I unlocked them all with this method:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/i-have-every-req-from-packs-ama/02701d68-b3cc-4b91-b13e-89cf92fc64fe/posts

Cost $250
Either it's messing up or you don't have all weapon certs at least. It also said you didn't have all armor
Rcbroncos wrote:
Here is the math he is talking about. There are 900 permanent unlocks including armor stances emblems skins and certs etc. Ive been playing since the game came out 2 weeks ago and ive unlocked 88 so 44 a week so through play it should take around 20-21 weeks which isnt nearly as bad as I or I assume op thought. But on the flip side if you could unlock all of it in sliver packs for $2 (idk how many you can only get from gold due to rarity so this number is going to be less than it should be) thats $900. So if you think every unlock is WORTH THIS VALUE go ahead and say the micro transactions are great and if not then we are being robbed
I agree earning this is better than buying but if developers can get away with charging some poor soul that much money for armor and emblems that they wont even use where does this stop
I also agree that the total value of these unlocks is not worth $900 so the price should be dropped to a fair value and even $0.50 comes out to $225 so money wise this system is a money vacuum so to all thinking of buying more than a couple packs should consider grinding for the helmet you really want
Yes! This is what I have been trying to say. Don't know if I have or not but this. I was stating that ONLY on a monetary base, if you wanted to buy the content with only cash (maybe seeing all the content as dlc) it isn't worth it to me.
Chispa6081 wrote:
If REQs only gave cosmetic upgrades (and NO advantages in any MP game type), then I think people would have less to complain about. The factor of the matter is that REQ packs do offer advantages over people who don't have them. It's a very slight advantage but it is there. Even if you exclude out the argument of one-time cards and only look at the weapon unlocks for AR/BR/SMG/DMR. Can you honestly tell me that those don't offer some advantage over people without them? Despite the fact that you still have to "level up" the REQ system to use said weapons, it still an unbalancing factor when one player can equipped themselves better (and get unlimited replenishment) for those standard weapons.

Meanwhile, I don't think the pricing of the REQ should be changed. Considering that REQ funds a Tournament grand prize (and possibly future development on Halo 5), it's totally acceptable as that kind of funding keeps dev teams going (and justified to their bean counters).

Yes sub models are outdated but they served a good purpose of funding continual development but since very few games can sustain that model, Micro transactions are in (as well a DLC model).
To your first para. The game matches players up based off cards (supposedly and idk if it's true or not). So essentially we're supposed to be equal in what's available and what we have. Also to me it really doesn't give advantages as they still have to kill other players while not losing that req card. I've destroyed many tanks already simply by putting a grenade in them. There went their $3 tank...... Now, skilled players will have advantages generally but it's not a guaranteed thing that you have the advantage.
This is very interesting if true. Do you mean number, type of or both?
One thing to add, 343 said the microTs were all going toward HCS correct? I remember them saying we'd get free maps before release, not microTs supporting the free Maps. As I've posted in another thread, it makes more sense for maps to be free for these reasons:

1. It won't divide the community by who has what maps, therefore the population can still all play together.
2.it can elongate a games life not having said divided community
3. Past halo games have done free maps before
4. Halo 4 did paid dlc Maps And what happened? They wee rarily played on less there was a specific dlcplaylist

I believe 343 will actually give free maps as its more beneficial after learning how h4 went with paid dlc maps. Could the microTs be helping pay for free Maps? Possibility as they've already raised HCS to 1.5 million dollars.
I do agree that funding tournaments this way is a good idea and I think halo should be one of the highest pot in tournaments as opposed to something that normal everyday people wouldn't even know what's going on (LOL, or WOW, with its ridiculous and in my opinion WAY TOO MUCH millions of dollars.).

As in, would get more people to at least watch E-sports like regular sports are watched now. Wouldn't that be great.
Rcbroncos wrote:
Here is the math he is talking about. There are 900 permanent unlocks including armor stances emblems skins and certs etc. Ive been playing since the game came out 2 weeks ago and ive unlocked 88 so 44 a week so through play it should take around 20-21 weeks which isnt nearly as bad as I or I assume op thought. But on the flip side if you could unlock all of it in sliver packs for $2 (idk how many you can only get from gold due to rarity so this number is going to be less than it should be) thats $900. So if you think every unlock is WORTH THIS VALUE go ahead and say the micro transactions are great and if not then we are being robbed
I agree earning this is better than buying but if developers can get away with charging some poor soul that much money for armor and emblems that they wont even use where does this stop
I also agree that the total value of these unlocks is not worth $900 so the price should be dropped to a fair value and even $0.50 comes out to $225 so money wise this system is a money vacuum so to all thinking of buying more than a couple packs should consider grinding for the helmet you really want
Yes! This is what I have been trying to say. Don't know if I have or not but this.
So I think weve all missed the point and that is WHAT IF you could not get this stuff from playing and you had to pay for it is $900 a fair price for the content regardless of what it is going to is a championship pot that none of us will ever see or free maps however free maps are great worth being gouged this much over
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5