OP Thewhiteboatman

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
I don't buy Bronze, only Silver as it guarantees unlocks.
That's weird because I've only gotten a few permanents from silvers.
I'm about level 60, or level 61 and I'm almost finished with my bronze packs, and let me tell ya. with only 6 things to unlock, i've been on a non-perm streak of about 23 packs with one time uses in a row. Silver packs is technically my.. ummm..bae.
I've bought silver packs from the beginning and finished my Silver pack grind at level 85.
i can second this, i am SR 80, and i only have a few more weapon skins left!, the grind was real. don't care to much about finshing golds, but the silver seemed endless
I'm about level 60, or level 61 and I'm almost finished with my bronze packs, and let me tell ya. with only 6 things to unlock, i've been on a non-perm streak of about 23 packs with one time uses in a row. Silver packs is technically my.. ummm..bae.
Wow... I was almost done my silver packs by level 61. I think I moved onto gold packs at around level 80. How do you have so little stuff? o.O
Well get silver packs
I'm not enough of a hardcore grinder to even be -Yoinked!- with Bronze, TBH.

As much as I love Halo, it just gets stale eventually. So Silver it is for me.
i am a SR 115. Ever since halo 5 has released i have just been opening gold packs....except maybe once or twice i have opened a silver. I have all the banshee's unlocked, all the wraiths unlocked, all the ghost unlocked, and the phantom and the ONI mantis and a huge amount more.

I don't get bronze because i never get anything good; unlike gold.
Bro, skip the bronze and just buy silvers until they're done. That's what I did and the extra points you spend to guarantee perms is worth it, the waste of bronze packs is so overshadowed by everyone saying that's what you "should" do.

It's not what I did, and I finished all my silvers before SR90. Trust me, you get a silver pack every 2-3 warzone games, maybe even less. Bronze is a waste and honestly always has been.

Silvers will always unlock 2 perms, Rare or lower. It's so much more worth it than taking a gamble and risking the points on empty bronze packs.
Until recently, Halo 5 was my go to multiplayer game. Then Overwatch came out.

My advice is to play a game that allows you to have fun when you pay for it, without holding back a ton of content and unlocks through some silly req system.

343i, Halo is the reason I stayed with Xbox, and bought an Xbox One. Ya'll have essentially ruined the franchise, so I'm does what's prudent and going to PC gaming again. It's just better.

(FWIW, I did bronze first, and the nice thing about that, is you get a million things to sell back.)
If I didnt get anything out of a few bronze packs in a row, I would do silver for a while then go back to bronze next time I logged on. It helped with the disappointment of not unlocking anything for long periods of time
I buy little Paqs bronze , silver is better because it guarantees breakouts.
I decided to pick up this game again.

I've heard it's better to buy all bronze to get the commons etc. out of the way but I kept having the same luck as you.

I'd get 1 permanent per 6-7

I just hunt and peck now. I'll get a couple bronze a couple silvers and 1 gold every day or so and end up getting more including higher tier stuff.
I agree but i think it adds a grinding aspect to it in which I like.
LOL, I thought that too but I was way wrong. Wait till you get to golds. Silvers seemed to go pretty quick compared to Bronze.

Keep grinding.
I love halo as much as the next player and I want it to be fun but there's something causing havoc in the game, bronze req pack drop rates, I just got 6 non perm packs in a row and I really want to move to silvers. It is definitely not an 80% drop rate in the player's favour. I just wanna know if this has happened to anyone else as it's quite boring just getting commons. It's still fun I just find the lack of progression disturbing. ;)
Edit: in conclusion it looks like we've established that bronze will need a buff in h6
You should move directly to silver req packs. You'll need more points but you are definitelly getting permanent stuff
Whats a bronze pack?
I've heard a lot of bad things about bronzes, personally I've never opened one.
I started on silvers and didn't finish till level 77
I can't really say about golds, as over the past few months had a small amount of disposable income
that I spent on packs as well as some serious grinding sessions, selling any boosts with XP ect.
getting close to the end I think, hopefully firefight will lessen the grind.

This post has been hidden.

Nah just grind like hell
Ya it takes awhile to get out of bronze on waypoint to ha
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7