2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11
I'm glad that a lot of the players who can't handle the added speed and other changes wont be buying the game.

I've been checking out the forums for a while and it seems pretty clear that the community itself is kind of a problem. It would be good to see some of these folk go.

It's too bad but I guess these types are in every gaming community, they've vocal and they like to pretend that their opinions are everybody's opinions.

I like the changes, I like progress. Halo needs to change to remain relevant.
Lol change has damaged halo after halo 3 FACT. Population decline is Clear Evidence. Unless you have some other reason why the population dropped
Playing halo used to be an alternative to call of duty. Now call of duty is an alternative to halo. I mean halo was for players who needed there skills put to the test everyday. Halo was regarded as a shooter that was very skillfull. Ever since 343 took over, the population has dropped. Bad ideas have come in. It has been dropped my MLG. People asking for ar start with sprint. I mean really? You know who the hardcore halo fans are because the ones who stuck by you for years and years are the ones asking for br start. The ones asking for ar are casual mofo's. P.s your game engine sucks too. Doesn't feel like halo at all. Could go on. But feel I'm not being listened to.fvkk it
Hop3 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
I will not buy HALO 5. I don't think I need to explain why.

There are already so many people on this forum that have explained why this game sucks that I don't think we need one more post that explains why this game sucks 4ss.

Here is the best post in my opinion that describes why I will not buy Halo 5. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/343i-s-incompetent-game-design-is-killing-halo/0d7148b9-6521-4e84-bef8-d9c76dc4e1e4/posts

#I will not buy HALO 5

Hahahaha, telling us his meaningless opinion about the game and doesn't even bother to say it in its own words, gg.

Now just leave. Please.

if he did put it in his own words you'd just complain that there was another post already saying it.

Yes, because posts like "blablabla I don't buy this game because of blablabla" are so -Yoinking!- redundant. Feedback, regardless of positive or negative is wellcome, at least to me, because they maybe draw my attention to an issue I may have missed. But this thread is just unnecessary.

so why don't you leave hypocrite? Because you clearly aren't adding anything useful. This thread can be productive, but not when you talk trash on it.

This thread was never intended to be productive. Just another angry kid raging at 343 and that thinks that it matters to anyone if he tells that he's not buying the game. This thread will be locked soon anyway, because there is no constructive value here.

I would argue most aren't angry and are more depressed.

Sadly, they are not depressed, they are angry. If they would be depressed that would be a good sign, because the Kübler-Ross model of grief defines the phase of depression as the phase prior to Acceptance. But this community is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away from that.

And why would acceptance be good? The meaning of acceptance is that you don't like something but you will live with it. Why should we halo fans accept that 343i are making games that is not satisfying ouer need? I dont want to spend money on something that I do not find worth more than my spend money.

You have the right to voice your opinion. If the game is not satisfying your need, don't spend money on it, it's simple as that.

But you are saying that my post is rubbish and that it should be removed. How can you then say I have right to voice my opinion if you want to delete it?
You didn't voice your opinion, but rather copied/adapted another one from a guy who has put much effort in thinking and writing down his opinion. That is why I think your thread should just be a reply in his topic.
I'm glad that a lot of the players who can't handle the added speed and other changes wont be buying the game.

I've been checking out the forums for a while and it seems pretty clear that the community itself is kind of a problem. It would be good to see some of these folk go.

It's too bad but I guess these types are in every gaming community, they've vocal and they like to pretend that their opinions are everybody's opinions.

Lol change has damaged halo after halo 3 FACT. Population decline is Clear Evidence. Unless you have some other reason why the population dropped
Yes, I would like to hear how the ones saying nothing is wrong with halo explain that evidens.

There are already so many people on this forum that have explained why this game sucks that I don't think we need one more post that explains why this game sucks 4ss.

Here is the best post in my opinion that describes why I will not buy Halo 5. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/343i-s-incompetent-game-design-is-killing-halo/0d7148b9-6521-4e84-bef8-d9c76dc4e1e4/posts

#I will not buy HALO 5
Good for you.

Yes, I would like to hear how the ones saying nothing is wrong with halo explain that evidens.
To play Devil's advocate, it can be conversely said that the only reason why Halo titles after 3 had nowhere near the same amounts of population is because before then Halo didn't really have any competition. For example it was only thanks to Call of Duty MW2 when Call of Duty truly began to pick up multiplayer popularity.
Hop3 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:

#I will not buy HALO 5

Hahahaha, telling us his meaningless opinion about the game and doesn't even bother to say it in its own words, gg.

Now just leave. Please.

if he did put it in his own words you'd just complain that there was another post already saying it.

Yes, because posts like "blablabla I don't buy this game because of blablabla" are so -Yoinking!- redundant. Feedback, regardless of positive or negative is wellcome, at least to me, because they maybe draw my attention to an issue I may have missed. But this thread is just unnecessary.

so why don't you leave hypocrite? Because you clearly aren't adding anything useful. This thread can be productive, but not when you talk trash on it.

This thread was never intended to be productive. Just another angry kid raging at 343 and that thinks that it matters to anyone if he tells that he's not buying the game. This thread will be locked soon anyway, because there is no constructive value here.

Sadly, they are not depressed, they are angry. If they would be depressed that would be a good sign, because the Kübler-Ross model of grief defines the phase of depression as the phase prior to Acceptance. But this community is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away from that.

And why would acceptance be good? The meaning of acceptance is that you don't like something but you will live with it. Why should we halo fans accept that 343i are making games that is not satisfying ouer need? I dont want to spend money on something that I do not find worth more than my spend money.

You have the right to voice your opinion. If the game is not satisfying your need, don't spend money on it, it's simple as that.

But you are saying that my post is rubbish and that it should be removed. How can you then say I have right to voice my opinion if you want to delete it?

You didn't voice your opinion, but rather copied/adapted another one from a guy who has put much effort in thinking and writing down his opinion. That is why I think your thread should just be a reply in his topic.
If people would look through all the posts you have made in this thread then I think at least they will see that you just don't understand what I and others are trying to tell you.
I KaNoN I wrote:

#I will not buy HALO 5

Good for you.
Well yeah, I can spend my money on somthing better then ^^

Population decline is not clear evidence, and believing such a thing exposes one's lack of analytical thinking. Halo 3 was awesome, but it also had not real competition outside of Gears of War. Now, there are an overwhelming number of games competing for your money and time. As for my personal opinion, I enjoyed Reach and H4; it's H5 I'm really struggling to enjoy.
Majatek wrote:

To play Devil's advocate, it can be conversely said that the only reason why Halo titles after 3 had nowhere near the same amounts of population is because before then Halo didn't really have any competition. For example it was only thanks to Call of Duty MW2 when Call of Duty truly began to pick up multiplayer popularity.
You are probably right in some extent but, that would also suggest that Halo have become less fun for some reason if players are abandoning the game.
Hop3 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
Hop3 wrote:

#I will not buy HALO 5

Now just leave. Please.

If people would look through all the posts you have made in this thread then I think at least they will see that you just don't understand what I and others are trying to tell you.
I just read over all your replys and 5 pages of saying basically "Yeah I agree with you" or "No I don't agree with you" and replying to a guy asking for your opinion with "got to the thread I linked" is still not a justification for this thread's existence.
Listen, I'm not here to be a bad person, God knows this community has enough of those now. But why post this, I really want to know the reason behind the hatred. I've been playing Halo since Halo:CE and welcome the changes, sometimes I don't like them, but change is good, sometimes. Personally I have played the Beta, and enjoyed it sprinting has been balanced armour abilities and load outs are gone? So what is the problem? Just curious.

Not OP obviously but I'll share my reason as well. Not sure about OP himself or anyone else that happens to agree with him, but personally I consider myself a competitive Halo player. I've attended MLG events, was not the greatest player ever but still managed to win at least 2 series every time but my first event. The problem with Halo 5, is when Halo is played with 7 other players who share my mindset and are of even skill the game plays like -Yoink- to put things frankly. Because of sprint, and how the maps are built to accommodate it there are large open areas of not much cover meant to be sprinted through, because of this the pace of the game slows to a crawl. Players are to afraid to push up because they know if they get caught sprinting through one of those area's they will be unable to defend themselves and die. So everyone sits back and the game becomes shoot and thrust behind wall simulator 2015. The only kills occur when a player dares to step out of cover for to long, or battles for power weapons (and everyone just runs back after they get it or it is ignored like Prophets Bane on Truth because top mid would be a death sentence.) Because of that I won't be buying Halo 5 unless things are fixed as those types of games have always been where I get the majority of my enjoyment from. If that is ruined, so is Halo.

Edit: Apparently I forgot how to English halfway through typing this.
I have my own reservations about H5, but I respectfully disagree with some of your reasoning here. Competitive Halo is (or can be) slower by nature because, as you said, players are evenly skilled and teamwork oriented. I'm thinking MLG slayer on The Pit, but smaller maps like Midship or Amplified can be slow. Pushing out uncoordinated is a death sentence with or without sprint although I will give you that the time to kill is faster relative to previous games; I hope this is altered, but I don't think it's broken as is. Yes, there is a larger distance from base to P2 on Truth relative to Midship, but I've had no problem moving around the map when coordinating with teammates. Plenty of cover IMO despite the larger maps. As for sitting back and shoot and thrust behind a wall simulator 2015, this is in line with previous games competitively IMO. It was just shoot and walk behind a wall simulator then. Map control and player awareness are just as important as shooting people, and this will lead to players looking down a hallway, putting a couple shots on someone while calling it out, and retreating until the team is ready to push on a position/weapon. If you catch someone overextending while you're doing this, they're dead. If I dare to step out of cover for too long, it's because I have teammates nearby and we want to take P2 or top carb or I'm on a flank while they distract. If I win a power weapon, I'm going to make sure I get to cover because running around with it in the open is a good way to get killed. The rockets play as usual; you either go to an entrance and wait for someone or you're pushing on the enemy with your team. I'm not grabbing sword on Midship or Truth unless there is two or three down because it's a death sentence either way; top mid Midship/Truth is basically a death sentence unless you have the other team trapped.

I of course haven't played H5 more than CE/2/3/Reach/4, but so far I haven't noticed slow games to be more prevalent than the previous titles. It hasn't played like -Yoink- so far for me because of the reasons you described, but to each their own.
Majatek wrote:

You are probably right in some extent but, that would also suggest that Halo have become less fun for some reason if players are abandoning the game.
Halo does seem to retain less and less of its playerbase beyond the first month of its multiplayer from release date. I did, after all, stop playing Halo Reach after about a year and Halo 4 after about 3 months (I was hoping that things would be fixed within that time, so I held on - only to give up not even a week before its first update/patch to balance out the weapons) while on the other-hand I played Halo 3 since its release to even after Halo Reach's release. I'm not even considering pre-ordering or purchasing Halo 5 at the moment.
People who let others think for them are sheep, I have my opinions and they tell me to buy Halo 5
Krom088 wrote:
"...assaults by riding Moa..."
LOL!
Majatek wrote:

no CoD 4 set that hype and that came out the same year as Halo 3. WaW was big too. Reach and MW2 came out the same year so that probably explains Halo 3's decline, but Halo 3 was no stranger to competition from other games. It also had Battlefield Bad Company as well as Gears and Gears 2.
Majatek wrote:
Majatek wrote:

Halo does seem to retain less and less of its playerbase beyond the first month of its multiplayer from release date. I did, after all, stop playing Halo Reach after about a year and Halo 4 after about 3 months (I was hoping that things would be fixed within that time, so I held on - only to give up not even a week before its first update/patch to balance out the weapons) while on the other-hand I played Halo 3 since its release to even after Halo Reach's release. I'm not even considering pre-ordering or purchasing Halo 5 at the moment.
I can relate to your post almost 100%
The sole purpose of this thread is to provoke.

You obviously really think that you can help the franchise... but this is nothing more than agitation.
People who let others think for them are sheep, I have my opinions and they tell me to buy Halo 5
Go and buy the game then. If you think is worth the money then do it. ^^
Well somebody is going to miss out on a great game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11