2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11
The sole purpose of this thread is to provoke.

You obviously really think that you can help the franchise... but this is nothing more than agitation.
Exactly.
I'm glad that a lot of the players who can't handle the added speed and other changes wont be buying the game.

I've been checking out the forums for a while and it seems pretty clear that the community itself is kind of a problem. It would be good to see some of these folk go.

It's too bad but I guess these types are in every gaming community, they've vocal and they like to pretend that their opinions are everybody's opinions.

I like the changes, I like progress. Halo needs to change to remain relevant.

Lol change has damaged halo after halo 3 FACT. Population decline is Clear Evidence. Unless you have some other reason why the population dropped
If population decline was presented in a pie chart then "change" would only take a very small amount :D
a great game
That's subjective.
The sole purpose of this thread is to provoke.

You obviously really think that you can help the franchise... but this is nothing more than agitation.
No matter what I would write in a post on a forum would not be provoking if the reader does not share my opinion. People does not always agree on things and can feel provoked by everything.
Majatek wrote:
a great game

That's subjective.
I really like the part with the motivation explanation why he things the game is great xD
I dont get why anyone bought an xb1
Well somebody is going to miss out on a great game
you have no details on the story and other critical factors that made old halos great. All you have is some experience playing 3 playlists on 6 maps 4 of which are extremely similar to each other. I wouldn't exactly say you can call it great. I seem to remember all the pros being super hyped for Halo 4 and it got dropped off the competitive circuit after like a month or two and its population tanked when Black Ops 2 released since that was actually a decent CoD game.
Don't kid yourself.

The content of your post: 'I hate H5 and 343i. Let's make some noise!'
I dont get why anyone bought an xb1

Master Chief Collection, quite obviously.
Don't kid yourself.

And it's working. :)
I KaNoN I wrote:
I'm glad that a lot of the players who can't handle the added speed and other changes wont be buying the game.

I've been checking out the forums for a while and it seems pretty clear that the community itself is kind of a problem. It would be good to see some of these folk go.

It's too bad but I guess these types are in every gaming community, they've vocal and they like to pretend that their opinions are everybody's opinions.

Lol change has damaged halo after halo 3 FACT. Population decline is Clear Evidence. Unless you have some other reason why the population dropped

If population decline was presented in a pie chart then "change" would only take a very small amount :D
Nobody has this information.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Stoney FL wrote:

#343youhad1job made me laugh so much xD
Great stuff mate. Looking forward to having another negative person, who's stuck in the past, leave this franchise for good...
Don't kid yourself.

Go back and read what I wrote and please read the post I am referring to in the link.
Great stuff mate. Looking forward to having another negative person, who's stuck in the past, leave this franchise for good...
I probably leave the game if nothing changes but not the franchise. I still like Halo stuff but I would try to not give 343i my money. They just don't deserve them at the moment.
I knew there was a lot of backlash and I only really skimmed the larger article you linked but I for one am excited for the future of Halo and here's a very brief summary why:

Bungie was right to start pushing the game forward. If there were no sprint, armor abilities, etc. in Halo then it would feel dated fast. Call it the Resident Evil effect. I LOVED the RE series but there's just no reason to keep the "stop to shoot" mechanic given what consoles are capable of. It feels out of place today. Had they not pushed it forward and added abilities I feel Bungie/343 would have gotten hammered for doing the same old thing. Which leads to another point.

Like it or not, I think 343 has to pick a direction and run with it. With 4 (affectionately referred to as "Quatro") there was too much waffling in terms of post game updates. The game shipped and appealed to one group but through updates they tried reaching the long term/old school group and in the end both groups were left with the taste of meh in their mouthes. They (and no game developer) can please everyone so they need to pick a vision and run with it. Some will like it, some won't and both responses are ok.

Granted, my view may be skewed because I bought an original Xbox just for Halo and have been with both brands ever since. However, I came to the MP party much later. I started to dabble in 2 but I. WAS. AWFUL. So I didn't sink the time in to improve, instead I played campaign and then moved on. By Halo 3, I found a group of guys who were like myself (dads who gamed when they could) and started to play more MP and less campaign. By Halo: Reach and Halo 4, I was looking forward to the MP the most and became at least a push player (1.0 K/D ratio). So with that said, I have a lot less connection to the more "classic" gameplay style and that might be a major reason for liking the direction it has taken.

Question for you all who aren't going to buy it: If you don't want them to move the game forward through adding what are becoming standard features (sprint, ADS) how would you have them evolve?
It has been almost 3 months since Halo MCC release and 343i is ignoring its customers. Who says they won't ignore us if we have the same catastrophe in Halo 5 as in Halo MCC

Waste of money, I rather play CoD AW or some other crappy kid's n00b game
I knew there was a lot of backlash and I only really skimmed the larger article you linked but I for one am excited for the future of Halo and here's a very brief summary why:

Bungie was right to start pushing the game forward. If there were no sprint, armor abilities, etc. in Halo then it would feel dated fast. Call it the Resident Evil effect. I LOVED the RE series but there's just no reason to keep the "stop to shoot" mechanic given what consoles are capable of. It feels out of place today. Had they not pushed it forward and added abilities I feel Bungie/343 would have gotten hammered for doing the same old thing. Which leads to another point.

Like it or not, I think 343 has to pick a direction and run with it. With 4 (affectionately referred to as "Quatro") there was too much waffling in terms of post game updates. The game shipped and appealed to one group but through updates they tried reaching the long term/old school group and in the end both groups were left with the taste of meh in their mouthes. They (and no game developer) can please everyone so they need to pick a vision and run with it. Some will like it, some won't and both responses are ok.

Granted, my view may be skewed because I bought an original Xbox just for Halo and have been with both brands ever since. However, I came to the MP party much later. I started to dabble in 2 but I. WAS. AWFUL. So I didn't sink the time in to improve, instead I played campaign and then moved on. By Halo 3, I found a group of guys who were like myself (dads who gamed when they could) and started to play more MP and less campaign. By Halo: Reach and Halo 4, I was looking forward to the MP the most and became at least a push player (1.0 K/D ratio). So with that said, I have a lot less connection to the more "classic" gameplay style and that might be a major reason for liking the direction it has taken.

Question for you all who aren't going to buy it: If you don't want them to move the game forward through adding what are becoming standard features (sprint, ADS) how would you have them evolve?
Thanks for your post. I don't have time to give you a long and detailled answer, but I would have solved the sluggish feel with a base speed increase and with a FoV increase, which would have been as effective as sprint, without being game changing. Smart Link did not need to be changed so I would have certainly not introduced ADS. Thruster would have been welcome without sprint, maybe with a slight tweak.
I also wanted to add that some AA's could have remained in the game as map pick-up.

I would not agree with you. Just because the majority of the forum post are negative about Halo 5 it does not mean the forum users have the wrong opinion. If the majority of the users are saying 343i are having a hard time pleasing them then it can be so that you are the minority.
The thing is, people generally do not go and hit up forums to post they are happy with something. Same with surveys. Generally speaking, it's those that have a problem with something that go out of there way to make sure others hear about it. That's just how it is.

As for this notion of a minority or majority... the only group the vocal people may represent are the group of vocal people. There is nothing more to that than that. They do not reflect the feelings of "users" as a whole, nor do they reflect the feelings of the Halo community as a whole. They may simply reflect a majority of the feelings of that speak out. That's about it.

I would like a game that is Halo 3 with sprint, new weapons, new maps and a new story. I would like them to polish the stuff in Halo 3 and make them more perfect then they already is. Evolving does not everytime mean we need to put a bunch of new stuff and redesign everything just because we can. Look att COD. It is basically the same game every year with a reskinned. I am not a huge fan of COD but I like the idea of if it's not broken, then dont fix it. Halo have never before felt so much as cod does gameplay wise as it have before. But COD still feels like mw2 after all this years. But halo does not feel like halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11