Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Jackal's Shield

OP GoGoGadgetHero

Any ever wanted to wield a jackal's shield during combat? Should they include it in online game play?
It would be pretty neat to use the Jackal Shield, but I think 343 is done doing massive updates to Halo 5 that add new weapons, armor, and all that other stuff. Have you ever heard of SPV3? It's a mod you can play on the PC version of Halo CE, and that game let's you use the Jackal shield.
It should be a prerequisite, sounds pretty good!
If the game had allowed the player to dual-wield weapons, then perhaps the Jackal Shield would be nice to pair with a small weapon. However, as it stands, in a game without dual-wielding, the Jackal Shield would pretty much be useful only for deflecting incoming fire while your shields are recharging. If you've played SPV3, you'll understand that the Jackal Shield isn't quite as useful as it seems when you can't wield another weapon simultaneously. Honestly, it would be pretty much akin to using the Hard Light Shield from Halo 4, except you wouldn't have two weapons to fall back on, just one, because the Jackal Shield would take up the other slot if it's something you can pick up, meaning that the Jackal Shield would actually be less useful than an Armor Ability from Halo 4. So, if the Jackal shield ever does become something you can pickup in future updates, just remember the trade-off you'll most likely have to make in order to have it.
If the game had allowed the player to dual-wield weapons, then perhaps the Jackal Shield would be nice to pair with a small weapon. However, as it stands, in a game without dual-wielding, the Jackal Shield would pretty much be useful only for deflecting incoming fire while your shields are recharging. If you've played SPV3, you'll understand that the Jackal Shield isn't quite as useful as it seems when you can't wield another weapon simultaneously. Honestly, it would be pretty much akin to using the Hard Light Shield from Halo 4, except you wouldn't have two weapons to fall back on, just one, because the Jackal Shield would take up the other slot if it's something you can pick up, meaning that the Jackal Shield would actually be less useful than an Armor Ability from Halo 4. So, if the Jackal shield ever does become something you can pickup in future updates, just remember the trade-off you'll most likely have to make in order to have it.
Very true and a valid point. I've seen game play of SPV3 but never played it. I forgot all about du-wielding lol It's been so long since Halo 2 & 3. I remember the shield thing from Halo 4. It was alright but you couldn't recharge your own shields while you had in on it I remember right.
It would be pretty neat to use the Jackal Shield, but I think 343 is done doing massive updates to Halo 5 that add new weapons, armor, and all that other stuff. Have you ever heard of SPV3? It's a mod you can play on the PC version of Halo CE, and that game let's you use the Jackal shield.
I've seen gameplay of SPV3 but never played it. Yeah I don't see 343 doing massive updates anymore. Which makes since.
We had something similar in H4 with the hardlight shield. I'd be willing to try it in campaign, but not for multiplayer.
I've seen gameplay of SPV3 but never played it. Yeah I don't see 343 doing massive updates anymore. Which makes since.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
I want jackal's shield like reach and halo 4