Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

January Update

OP Possum84

So is the January Update live? I thought it was getting put out in the 22nd. I figured I would be prompted to download an update today, but was able to sign into multiplayer without downloading anything. I also saw where there are spoused to be some classic maps remade by forge but have yet to play on one of them. If the update is something we have to download does anyone know how large the file size is going to be? I really wish this type of information was easier to access because some of these downloads take several hours and there is nothing worse then being prompted to download an update when I actually have the time to play the game. If I knew ahead of time I could let it downloa while I work or sleep.
The January update comes next week, right now breakout is featuring community made maps for us to vote on next week (perhaps those are what you were talking about) to be added to the permanent playlist.
Next week. My best guess is Wednesday.
Can't wait, hopefully they fix the out of map exploits in recurve.
I saw something on the daily message last week that showed a remake of Sand Trap and a remake of the Pit. I have no desire to ever play breakout on any map.

Is there any place that shows how big the update will be?
Possum84 wrote:
I saw something on the daily message last week that showed a remake of Sand Trap and a remake of the Pit. I have no desire to ever play breakout on any map.

nope, and iirc, they never do.
Possum84 wrote:

The classic remakes are coming at a later date. We don't know when.

We don't know yet how big will be the update. They usually announce it when the update is released. My bet is about 2-3 GB, since there are only two maps being added, no game modes and only REQ stuff.