Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] JUST ANNOUNCED FREE MAPS, ARMOUR AND MORE (FORGE)

OP ToxicFox99

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 22
Great more stuff I can't play due to the lacklustre servers.

I am am reaching the end of my tether with Halo 5.
I'ts the least they could do considering the joke of a campaign they included in this installment into the reclaimer trilogy.
I'ts the least they could do considering the joke of a campaign they included in this installment into the reclaimer trilogy.
forge is upon us my comrades!
While it's good that Halo 5 will be getting some more much needed content, it's sad to see so many people praising 343 after hearing of this announcement. Has it really not become obvious to any of you that 343's nearly copied Activision/Bungie's strategy? Release a bare-boned version of the full game, then slowly dole out the rest over time? Only thing keeping this from being an exact copy is 343 not charging extra for the "extra" content.

I understand why they're doing it. I just wish more of you would take notice of it, so anyone who'd rather receive a complete game at launch could actually say so. Please, stop praising them for giving you the rest of a game you already paid for. They simply held this content from so they could keep "Halo 5" trending; to keep marketing the game for at least a full year after it launched.

Again, I'm not saying it's bad you're getting more content. Just asking that you recognize the content should've been, and could've been in the game at launch.
ToxicFox99 wrote:
Bonnie also said that something else (not halo wars 2) is being announced or released next year that "[she's] not able to talk about, yet"
If I had to guess I'd say halo wars but then again they were on the topic of halo 5
PvE gametype like spartan ops or firefight is what I'm hoping for! Would love to see what crimsons been doing
While it's good that Halo 5 will be getting some more much needed content, it's sad to see so many people praise 343 about it. Has it really not become obvious to any of you yet that 343's nearly copied Activision/Bungie's strategy? Releasing a bare-boned version of the full game, then slowly doling out the rest over time? The only thing keeping this from being an exact copy is that 343 isn't charging extra for the "extra" content.

I understand why they're doing it. I just wish more of you would take notice of it, so that anyone who would rather receive the complete game at launch could actually speak up. Please, stop praising them for giving out the rest of the game you already paid for. They simply held back this content so they could keep "Halo 5" trending...and keep marketing the game for at least a full year after its' launched.

Again, I'm not saying it's bad that you're getting the content...just asking that you recognize this content should've been, and could've been in the game at launch.
I see where you're coming from, but the fact its not going to cost us rules out any evil ulterior motive there. The way they do this keeps up the interest, which is a logical business strategy and also gives the community time to appreciate every aspect of the game as it rolls out, and as new components are added 343 can see where the population splits and figure out whats working and whats not
OMG Warzone city map!
https://amp.twimg.com/v/4fe439f6-06dc-468b-ad13-7a7936e4d32f
I love the directions 343i is taking Halo and this monthly free updates is epic, all we need now is Spartan Ops 2.
vRyan017 wrote:
While it's good that Halo 5 will be getting some more much needed content, it's sad to see so many people praise 343 about it. Has it really not become obvious to any of you yet that 343's nearly copied Activision/Bungie's strategy? Releasing a bare-boned version of the full game, then slowly doling out the rest over time? The only thing keeping this from being an exact copy is that 343 isn't charging extra for the "extra" content.

I understand why they're doing it. I just wish more of you would take notice of it, so that anyone who would rather receive the complete game at launch could actually speak up. Please, stop praising them for giving out the rest of the game you already paid for. They simply held back this content so they could keep "Halo 5" trending...and keep marketing the game for at least a full year after its' launched.

Again, I'm not saying it's bad that you're getting the content...just asking that you recognize this content should've been, and could've been in the game at launch.
I see where you're coming from, but the fact its not going to cost us rules out any evil ulterior motive there. The way they do this keeps up the interest, which is a logical business strategy and also gives the community time to appreciate every aspect of the game as it rolls out, and as new components are added 343 can see where the population splits and figure out whats working and whats not
Not saying it's evil. I'm saying it mostly sucks for the players, but significantly benefits 343. Essentially, this makes the launch date different for everyone, because different people enjoy/spend most their time with different parts of the game. Example: Team Snipers and BTB is where I always spend most of my time. Others, it's Invasion, others Forge, others Firefight, or etc. There doesn't have to be any evil intentions behind something for it to suck.
vRyan017 wrote:

It does not cost us unless you factor in the nature of REQs being microtranssctions. They encourage buying the REQs because they unlock things faster than actually playing the game. That is why microtranssctions are in so many mobile games. They satiate the desire to unlock things quickly. Now for someone who enjoys playing Halo 5 this is not a problem. The DLC is paid for, just not by individuals dropping $20 on a DLC pack, but by thousands spending $2, $3, $10 and $24.99 on REQs.
MajnunX wrote:
OMG Warzone city map!
https://amp.twimg.com/v/4fe439f6-06dc-468b-ad13-7a7936e4d32f
That map doesn't appear to look all that bad..we'll see. Those cars parked in the streets better be explodable...like they were in Halo 2 (2004).
While it's good that Halo 5 will be getting some more much needed content, it's sad to see so many people praising 343 after hearing of this announcement. Has it really not become obvious to any of you that 343's nearly copied Activision/Bungie's strategy? Release a bare-boned version of the full game, then slowly dole out the rest over time? Only thing keeping this from being an exact copy is 343 not charging extra for the "extra" content.

I understand why they're doing it. I just wish more of you would take notice of it, so anyone who'd rather receive a complete game at launch could actually say so. Please, stop praising them for giving you the rest of a game you already paid for. They simply held this content from so they could keep "Halo 5" trending; to keep marketing the game for at least a full year after it launched.

Again, I'm not saying it's bad you're getting more content. Just asking that you recognize the content should've been, and could've been in the game at launch.
It is similar yeah. Bare bone no, but in terms of normal content, its bare bone for Halo. I wish they could have included all the content we are going to get from the next few months at the start. As well as add new content every month. But, maybe this is what they think will solve the longevity of Halo in this day in age.
vRyan017 wrote:

It does not cost us unless you factor in the nature of REQs being microtranssctions. They encourage buying the REQs because they unlock things faster than actually playing the game. That is why microtranssctions are in so many mobile games. They satiate the desire to unlock things quickly. Now for someone who enjoys playing Halo 5 this is not a problem. The DLC is paid for, just not by individuals dropping $20 on a DLC pack, but by thousands spending $2, $3, $10 and $24.99 on REQs.
No. Halo 5 released with WAAAYYYY less content than all previous titles with $59.99 price-tags (Halo 3, Reach, and even Halo 4).

This has nothing to do with micro-transactions.Your $59.99 paid for all this "extra", "free", "additional", "new" content. Unless of course, you think Halo 3, Reach, or 4 are now suddenly worth more money, because evolution or something ridiculous like that.

It is similar yeah. Bare bone no, but in terms of normal content, its bare bone for Halo. I wish they could have included all the content we are going to get from the next few months at the start. As well as add new content every month. But, maybe this is what they think will solve the longevity of Halo in this day in age.
Yes. Well, we are on a Halo forum so when I say it's bare-boned, I'm obviously comparing it to previous Halo games... Sorry. Didn't think that disclaimer was necessary.

So we agree. Halo 5 launched as, and still is, a bare-boned game. They could have included it at launch. They spent 3 years making this game!

Edit: What would solve the longevity problems of Halo these days is 343 making a great Halo game.

Agreed, I actually don't mind 343I business model and I think it is actually a pretty decent one and I am fine with the microtransactions. What needs to happen though for any future games ala Halo 6 we must have all standard game modes from past game, plus forge, theatre file share etc all available at launch. Then they can on a monthly basis add things like new weapons skins, armours, emblems maps etc to keep things fresh.
Bonnie also said that something else (not halo wars 2) is being announced or released next year that "[she's] not able to talk about, yet"
Why do I have a feeling that she was implying a Halo 3 Anniversary?
It better be DLC for the MCC if it is -_-

Agreed, I actually don't mind 343I business model and I think it is actually a pretty decent one and I am fine with the microtransactions. What needs to happen though for any future games ala Halo 6 we must have all standard game modes from past game, plus forge, theatre file share etc all available at launch. Then they can on a monthly basis add things like new weapons skins, armours, emblems maps etc to keep things fresh.
Agreed 100%. Don't get me wrong, I see that this model/strategy is great...for them. I just don't see how it benefits any of us...the people who pay for them to even need a strategy in the first place. There needs to be a compromise here, and I think what you suggested is a great starting point.
vRyan017 wrote:

No. Halo 5 released with WAAAYYYY less content than all previous titles that were of the $59.99 price-tag (Halo 3, Reach, and even Halo 4).

This has nothing to do with micro-transactions.Your $59.99 paid for all this "extra", "free", "additional", "new" content.Unless of course, you think Halo 3, Reach, or 4 are now suddenly worth more money, because evolution or something ridiculous like that.
Kind of. We paid 60 dollars for the content that we got. Saying that all the free stuff we are getting in the future, isn't part of that 60 dollars just because we think that all of this future content should have been in the game at start. Except for forge and BTB, I believe that stuff was just pushed backed. Just like reviewers review the game on its launch day, and not in the future, although some publications do, do that.
vRyan017 wrote:

No. Halo 5 released with WAAAYYYY less content than all previous titles with $59.99 price-tags (Halo 3, Reach, and even Halo 4).

This has nothing to do with micro-transactions.Your $59.99 paid for all this "extra", "free", "additional", "new" content.Unless of course, you think Halo 3, Reach, or 4 are now suddenly worth more money, because evolution or something ridiculous like that.
Not really, maps and campaign are the same as usual. More the bare muscles, imo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 22