Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Justice for Ben Giraud?

OP Skeithrunner

Okay, so here’s the thing. For a lot of us, even people who didn’t enjoy the campaign of Halo 5, Hunt The Truth was infectiously incredible.

Having just re-listened to all of the series, I’ve gotta say, this is probably one of the coolest in-lore things I’ve ever seen done with Halo... but god, hearing Ben’s horrific imprisonment all for nothing and his complete breakdown was hard to sit through, even now.

Can we possibly get some form of closure with Keegan-Michael Key?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think it’s a great idea to praise the lore and let 343 know we want more. Id say a bit of positivity for them is good right now so they don’t change EVERYTHING, just the stuff we need them to fix.

It’d be an unfathomable waste to just throw out this plot line and let us have the weight of Bens pointless fate darkening this chapter of Halo

(ps. Locke may not have a ton of fans but if Keegan-Michael Key pulled in a cameo or hell, full on rescue mission appearance... your biggest fans will lose their minds.)

it doesnt have to be a game, or a tv show or anything (though that show is PRIME to feature an actor like Key.) just some canon appearance of not only his escape and safety, but some kind of justice for him. Or at least the justice part...
I think it’s a great idea to praise the lore and let 343 know we want more. Id say a bit of positivity for them is good right now so they don’t change EVERYTHING, just the stuff we need them to fix.

It’d be an unfathomable waste to just throw out this plot line and let us have the weight of Bens pointless fate darkening this chapter of Halo

(ps. Locke may not have a ton of fans but if Keegan-Michael Key pulled in a cameo or hell, full on rescue mission appearance... your biggest fans will lose their minds.)

it doesnt have to be a game, or a tv show or anything (though that show is PRIME to feature an actor like Key.) just some canon appearance of not only his escape and safety, but some kind of justice for him. Or at least the justice part...
OMG 100% SUPPORT THIS

Although, I heard the new show is based on events between Spartan-II training and Reach, but they could be wrong. Regardless, in some format, continue this story and keep the deepdive lore coming. I'm always going to be enthralled in the main plots, but peeking into the unexplored sub-level stories are what really flesh out this universe, and I crave it. <3
Keep this threat hot boys! Let em know we care!
#HuntTheTruth was probably my favourite bit of Halo lore. So well written and acted. It got me so pumped for Halo5. Probably more than I should have been. I would absolutely LOVE a continuation or some closure in any form they could give us.
Perhaps we need a petition or something?
This thing was prolly one of my favourite bits of Halo lore to date!

A petition might be cool, but idk where we'd host something like that
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Guys, a mod edited this into a spoiler.... Good News I hope.

cheeky hints perhaps ;p

KEEP THIS THREAD ROLLING!

Janina Gavankar has been
Spoiler:
Show
on screen,( https://youtu.be/CdkIjc5AJCU ) and maybe not canon-wise but just as she was her voice actress, that’s exactly what I pictured.

Seeing a performance by Keegan-Michael Key would be incredible! Seeing as how he did an entire season of this, I can’t see him turning at least another voice role down.

As far as a petition I’ll look around, in the mean time keep this thread going!
Before you look too much into it, petitions aren't allowed here.
The whole hunt the truth was kind of thrown out of cannon by the events of halo 5. If anyone can make it fit with halo 5 and make any sense I would be super excited, but really there is no way for it to fit in the current cannon.
I'm going to be hella depressed if Keegan-Michael Key voices an AI in any future game.
Perhaps we need a petition or something?
Petitions aren't allowed on the forums
Keep this threat hot boys! Let em know we care!
Just for future note, but please don't bump your thread like this unless you have discussion to add, thanks
Man I just want HTT Season 3.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
ive read the books but thats it. whats all this about?
CBngVegas wrote:
ive read the books but thats it. whats all this about?
Some of the best storytelling Halo has to offer. Dig in, good sir!

He could be released from Midnight Facility maybe? A rescue mission somewhere else in Halo’s lore. He was pretty integral for the UNSC’s propaganda machine during the war, so... they might call on him again.