Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] K/D Ratio

OP OFPmode

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just curious to know what you guys consider a good K/D to be? Or does it not matter to you guys?
OFPmode wrote:
Just curious to know what you guys consider a good K/D to be? Or does it not matter to you guys?
I think for win in games like team slayer, it must be ever at least 2/1
GYS GHOST wrote:
OFPmode wrote:
I think for win in games like team slayer, it must be ever at least 2/1
Really? So every win should be 50-25?
OFPmode wrote:
K/D doesn’t really mean much by itself since it doesn’t factor in who you played against. That being said, generally if K>D I think you’re in good shape.
It depends, If it is something usually a negative KD than that is normally not a good player. However KD does not define other skill levels. You would have to play with that player to determine their strengths and weakness. It’s not something you can simply say, That’s a good player. Game community wise a 2.0 and above is considered “good”
coolbro39 wrote:
It depends, If it is something usually a negative KD than that is normally not a good player. However KD does not define other skill levels. You would have to play with that player to determine their strengths and weakness. It’s not something you can simply say, That’s a good player. Game community wise a 2.0 and above is considered “good”
Wait, is KD ever negative?
coolbro39 wrote:
If you have more deaths than kills, yes.
If you play against players who are much better than you chances are you’ll have a bad k/d, for the most part it doesn’t matter to me because a lot of times there is nothing you can do about it.
To me, K/D doesn't really matter. Even if you have a K/D ratio of 1.2 or higher, there is no guarantee of a win.
Generally speaking, a player with a good K/D (1.0+ or 1.2+) is usually a competent player. As I see it, the higher the K/D (you cannot deny players with 2.0+ are good), the higher the likelihood someone is a good player.

But, there are a few players with high ranks who only play in squads and have a K/D around 0.9-1.0. These are good players too, obviously. So, while most players with a sub-1.0 K/D aren't good, these are the few who are. They exclusively play Ranked where it is a sweatfest and matches tend to be very close when you reach the more competitive ranks.
OFPmode wrote:
I’d say if you have more kills than deaths by a decent portion you’re in good shape.
Id say the general rule of 1.2 is someone decent. Not the best but decent in most scenarios.

The game is about staying alive and getting kills whilst doing it
x N7 117 x wrote:
coolbro39 wrote:
If you have more deaths than kills, yes.
K/D spread can be negative, but the ratio cannot be unless they have no kills i suppose. For instance 1000 deaths and 1 kill is 0.001, the spread would be -999.

For social gameplay i would say 2 up is good, though it doesn't really matter. Playmaking is more important. In tournaments objective minded players and those who don't take the sniper tend to have <1 K/D, those who pick up sniper or focus on slaying will have a >1 K/D
Honestly at this far of the game the kd can be very high because only about 5% or maybe 10% of total players of the first years are playing. Im going to put myself as an example. When I used to play ranked in first 3 months of halo 5, my kd in ranked was generally 2.3, 2.5, It was good. But when I create an alt account last year I went between 7, 8 kd in the same list. So, of course I get better but it depends a lot as some say vs which players and lists you play. I know guys that just play normal btb or super fiesta btb but if you find them in slayer or another list their general a/m/a is about 80% less.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The goal is to shoot for at least a 2.0. That means for every life you get 2 kills. But anything lower doesn’t mean it’s bad. IF I had to put a number I’d say 1.5.

but to me K/D isn’t the end all. Wins/assists/accuracy/Damage done also are important
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
A good K/D is a sign of a good player but it utimatey depends where it was built. A good K/D with similar figures in ranked playlists, along with a higher rank is a very good indicator of a good player.
What if you play a lot of Husky Raids CTF, where you care more about capturing the flag than staying alive/killing enemies?
that lowers your K/D.
RulerOTW wrote:
What if you play a lot of Husky Raids CTF, where you care more about capturing the flag than staying alive/killing enemies?
that lowers your K/D.
At that point playing the objective is more important than KD. My KD isnt bad but I'm not great.
As long as it's a positive K/D it's good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2