[Locked] KD this, KD that

OP HaloKid

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
Do any of you care about K/D ratios? And does it really matter to you?

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

LIKE if you don't care about KD.
HaloKid wrote:

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

Halo is about winning and winning only
I never really cared about kd, I have my fair share of bad and good games.

My kd has yet to prevent me from playing with anyone.
No it doesn't matter really weapon kill times are to fast and it's like impossible to evade br shots or shots from a needler grenades are overpowered the blast radius is to large and grenades are overused so I gave up on a good k.d especially the fact that little kids team to much quadruple team specifically so I said screw kd I don't care if I die in the game anymore you kill me you kill me this game doesn't require any skill kd doesn't matter anymore I usually die by little kids with rocket launchers and snipers anyways so the heck with kd
As long as the team wins. If that means putting yourself out there to secure the OBJ or contest the hill and I happen to die then it's just Halo. I knew I was gonna die when I put myself in that situation.
Mostly preteens care about k/d. It's all they have in life.
People like being competitive that's it.
I just want cool armor
HaloKid wrote:

Very noble of you, kudos. :)

I agree, obsessing over KD turns the game into a ulcer-inducing nightmare lol. Best just to play the game and have some fun, win or lose.

I know when I was an adolescent, KD meant a -Yoink--ton to me; it means a lot to people around the age range of 12-25 (in general). It means a lot to people who feel they have something to prove, or need something to brag about that's verifiable; something that puts them above a stranger on the internet. Personally, these days, I simply don't give two -Yoink- about KD or KDA. It doesn't matter. It never did. I will go positive some games, and I will go negative in others. *shrug* What's important is whether or not I'm having fun and whether or not I'm helping my team out (which, yes, getting kills does help, but hiding in some obscure corner and taking the occasional pot shot while your flag is missing because you don't want a number below your name to decrease, doesn't). Sweating bullets because I might get killed and go negative is counter-productive, imo. It runs counter to having fun and playing in a team-based game.

Just my experience with KD.
I'm gonna be honest, I care a lot about my K/D when I play competitively, but only because it impacts my rank. I don't like it when I play badly, but I don't make another person feel bad about him or herself just because he or she isn't doing too well. Like you said, we all have good games and bad games. I don't, however, care about my K/D if I'm playing a social playlist, because they're there for people to just have fun.
I got laughed at on Xbl for being Diamond 6 and 1.1 KD
HaloKid wrote:

I care about it if i'm playing slayer cause that is literally the game, it's team k/d. but otherwise idc. As long as they are fun to play with i'm down to play with anyone.
KD gives you a gauge on how a player handles the division they are placed in.
Personally I wouldn't of played with your player either. Negative KD Spread means they are a burden, they aren't playing the game, they are piggybacking off the team.
Ofcourse someone has to go negative for others to go positive but if you spend most of your time being a burden. Playing with such a player is just asking for a loss.

this only applies for Slayer Gamemodes (Slayer, Breakout, SWAT). KD isn't as big in Objective.
I got laughed at on Xbl for being Diamond 6 and 1.1 KD
really? wow, lol i guess i'm trash then haha
When I play slayer, I really care about my KD. But when I play any kind of objective playlist, I don't really care that much about it. I know I'm going to die much more often going to the objective than just going for kills. When I play CTF, I want that flag!
KDA is more importantin halo assists can matter as much as kills as it shows good teamwork. Not going to tefuse to play with anyone for it though. If im playing dlayer with someone and they go
0 - 12 like my game the other day im not going to team up though thats a bit too far
Yeah, I don't have the best K/D, partly because I'm fairly mediocre, also partly because I'm not afraid to put myself at risk to help my team. If I'm probably going to die to get a cap in Strongholds or Warzone, I'm happy to take that chance. Getting points on the board is more important than protecting my K/D. Same with competing for Boss take downs in Warzone, if I have to chose between rushing in and maybe dying to get 150 points for my team or holding back and letting the other team score the kill, I'm heading in there. Flag carrier being chased by the whole enemy team? Maybe I can slow them down and thin their ranks. Or if there are couple campers in a Warzone base, I have no issue rushing in to draw them out and set them up for my teammates. I mean of course I try to stay alive, but sometimes it is better for your team for you to die to score points and get the win.

I get a lot of Assists and Distractions and me being willing to sacrifice my K/D has helped my team pull out wins more than a few times. I'm satisfied with that largely, but frankly a little surprised that this supposedly team based game doesn't really reward players for those types of accomplishments.
This game is only fun if you don't get obsessed with kd. It is important because it's hard to win a slayer match going negative, but most of the time you have to take risks to play the objective. I mainly just want to win the match, so I need to be at least even.
we need an Assist percentage shown right next to K/D
we need an Assist percentage shown right next to K/D
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15