2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15
Its int that I care its that generally when I am dying over and over I am not having fun.
I mostly care about my KD when playing Slayer varieties. I don't enjoy going negative, as this usually means I'am getting my butt kicked. But doesn't bother me as much when playing objective gametypes.
I mostly care about...

we need an Assist percentage shown right next to K/D
agreed
Why not Kd everything!!
RealX47 wrote:
It matters to me, I think service records mean and define you. As long as I got more kills than deaths, than I'm good to go
"mean and define you" - sweet jesus!
How is this actually a thing. Halo 5 is a ranked game. 1.1 kd Onyxs are going to -Yoink- on 1.6 kd Platinums.

Unless people actually care abou warzone kd.
i care about my own kd in only slayer type gamemodes like swat or arena slayer
It depends on your mindset.

A party that is looking to be competitive, win, rank up etc will only invite people that improve their chances. Also ingame you don't see KD, you see KDA and a KDA of 1.0 is equal to a very bad player, and is actually a negative KD.

It means they are a player who will either get 1:1 Kills + Assists : Deaths (so their KD will be negative) or will go barely positive. That is not a player that will help you win in say...slayer.

Kudos to you for being a nice guy and playing with him, but after all this is a game, don't judge people for wanting players that will give them the best chance of winning.

I have a 1.3 KD and a 4.0 KDA ingame (and I'm Diamond 6 in slayer so I play with Onyx most of the time - so fairly competitive and good players), and I tend not to play with people who are much below that, because it generally means I'll be carrying them. As far as I've noticed, anything under 2.5 - 3.0 KDA is generally a preety bad player.
Well it depends on that. If you say a 3.0 KD is bad then you literally killed out over 70% of the Halo community. Regardless of intent and such it doesn't really mean much if you aren't above 4, to reword your statement. That really is a poor view point because if you go to Warzone most players have crappy KD's then. You can't really get that far in warzone without A: running into a boss, or B:running into grouped up clusterfucks. In the end KD's really are about as worthwhile as saying sorry to killing a pig in the slaughter house. In Arena it plays a bigger role for slayer and breakout thats it. Outside of that The KD will just decide the amount of time you spent on Guard or Offense. Shoot People stay at "0" because they're inactive and yet receive large quantities of XP for simply being there. OR what if someone's connection went crappy? Now they're getting slaughtered because they have reached a lag spike on their connection. You can't really justify the importance of KD outside of COD because in the end Halo requires tremendous skill just to keep alive for more that 5 minutes in most game modes.
I mostly care about my KD when playing Slayer varieties. I don't enjoy going negative, as this usually means I'am getting my butt kicked. But doesn't bother me as much when playing objective gametypes.
I mostly care about...

Spoiler:
Show

How does one get a spoiler alert for something so simple as saying winning? WTF?
RealX47 wrote:
It matters to me, I think service records mean and define you. As long as I got more kills than deaths, than I'm good to go
"mean and define you" - sweet jesus!
Hate to break it to you, but in 5 years, nobody will care about your Halo 5 service record.
I mostly care about...

Spoiler:
Show

How does one get a spoiler alert for something so simple as saying winning? WTF?
Spoiler tags are part of posting options. He chose to add that.
I dont care about the KD really. For me its all about the ranks and win percentage.
The biggest issue with K/D is that it makes people stat pad, and instead of playing the objective, they just spawn trap and get as many kills as possible.

This has always been an issue in Halo. Reach was probably the worst offender.
I think that is important to have a nice KD but if you're not a PRO gamer (a real one) there's no real reason to make fun or discriminate people with lower KD than you, besides, it depends a lot of what kind of playlist you play the most and also, not every single game is going to be perfect.
It depends on your mindset.

A party that is looking to be competitive, win, rank up etc will only invite people that improve their chances. Also ingame you don't see KD, you see KDA and a KDA of 1.0 is equal to a very bad player, and is actually a negative KD.

It means they are a player who will either get 1:1 Kills + Assists : Deaths (so their KD will be negative) or will go barely positive. That is not a player that will help you win in say...slayer.

Kudos to you for being a nice guy and playing with him, but after all this is a game, don't judge people for wanting players that will give them the best chance of winning.

I have a 1.3 KD and a 4.0 KDA ingame (and I'm Diamond 6 in slayer so I play with Onyx most of the time - so fairly competitive and good players), and I tend not to play with people who are much below that, because it generally means I'll be carrying them. As far as I've noticed, anything under 2.5 - 3.0 KDA is generally a preety bad player.
Well it depends on that. If you say a 3.0 KD is bad then you literally killed out over 70% of the Halo community. Regardless of intent and such it doesn't really mean much if you aren't above 4, to reword your statement. That really is a poor view point because if you go to Warzone most players have crappy KD's then. You can't really get that far in warzone without A: running into a boss, or B:running into grouped up clusterfucks. In the end KD's really are about as worthwhile as saying sorry to killing a pig in the slaughter house. In Arena it plays a bigger role for slayer and breakout thats it. Outside of that The KD will just decide the amount of time you spent on Guard or Offense. Shoot People stay at "0" because they're inactive and yet receive large quantities of XP for simply being there. OR what if someone's connection went crappy? Now they're getting slaughtered because they have reached a lag spike on their connection. You can't really justify the importance of KD outside of COD because in the end Halo requires tremendous skill just to keep alive for more that 5 minutes in most game modes.
You do realise they said KDA and not KD, right?
If you don't have a K/D ratio of around 1.0, all that says is that the matchmaking system is unbalanced, not that you're good or bad.
It's no surprise that the only people complaining about K/D's are people who have extremely low K/D's lol. Yes, K/D is important in any sort of competitive game. And whether you want to play Halo competitively or not, it is still a competitive game. The issue here is that casual gamers come from games like Minecraft and Angry Birds into a game like Halo and think it's okay for them to go 1/14 as long as they're having fun. Meanwhile, you just ruined the fun for the other 3 players on your team who lost single-handedly because of you. Now that the game has a social playlist, people who are playing for fun and can't carry their own weight should just stick to social. Otherwise, if you're trying to play a RANKED playlist, then yes, you should be kicked out of the party if you have a low K/D
I do love how competitive halo is, Its a great part of halo, and makes it unlike other shooters...

but this competitiveness means we have to put up with stat whores unfortunately.
I care about my win rate. Having a good K/D is conducive to having a high win rate but is not my goal. I've had anywhere from a 1.5 to a 2.5 depending on the game and am sitting on a comfortable 1.7 right now.

However I do care about K/D and arena rank when picking up players for parties. If you're not gonna pull your own weight (and preferably then some) I don't want you.
If you don't have a K/D ratio of around 1.0, all that says is that the matchmaking system is unbalanced..
Help me understand this?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 15