2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. ...
  8. 15
HaloKid wrote:
If you don't have a K/D ratio of around 1.0, all that says is that the matchmaking system is unbalanced..
Help me understand this?
Seriously. Everyone would have to play an infinite number of games to have a K/D of 1.0. Don't be stupid Kerminator.
KD in general doesn't really matter in this game since you are matched "evenly" after ten games, you don't have time to crush lower level players until you get to the higher levels, some of the best players on my friends list are ranked champion and have a 1 KD. If the ranking system matches people accordingly then your KD shouldn't be insanely high in Halo 5.
I think all players are responsible for not becoming a liability for their team but outcasting someone cos they aren't as good as you at pressing buttons in response to visual stimulus is -Yoink-.
Another Halo player besides myself called Omar? Awesome. :D
HaloKid wrote:
Do any of you care about K/D ratios? And does it really matter to you?

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

LIKE if you don't care about KD.
Post for the likes. Just like facebook :D

no but i do completely understand where your coming from, but a KD ratio actually is a better indication (especially with >100K and >100D) of the skill of a player overall. granted the ranking system is there for a reason but it has one ultimate flaw - you cant derank below your teir. so you could get into a match with a really bad platinum 1 player who should probably be in the silver tier. of course this is supposed to even out season by season...

and again with the "cater more to casual players" ? the ENTIRE PREMISE of multiplayer in halo is COMPETITION winning and losing. granted you should be having fun either way and if you only have fun and your only desire to play is to win, then you probably have some form of narcissism or some unrealistic connection between game skill and your personality as a human being... but again, the entire multiplayer experience is based on competition it always has been and always will be ESPECIALLY in first person shooters.
I honestly don't give a damn about my K/D I just care that I have fun with the game
Im comfort with my 0.5 kd :D do not let kd ruin your fun.
who cares about those with unnatural powers ppl. normal human cant shot well with gamepad.
Darwi wrote:
Here's the thing... in a perfect world, where you are matched evenly with opponents of exact same skill, your K/D should be 1.0 (and you should win 50% of your games).

The higher your K/D gets... the harder the opponents you should be matched against... until your K/D returns towards 1.0.

So... when I hear you have a very high K/D... my thoughts instantly turn to three options;

1. You are lying.
2. You are K/D farming in objective games.
3. You are deliberately playing against opponents of lesser rank.

Really, K/D is a dichotomy... it is either less than one (and you have work to do)... or it is greater than one (yay). How far it is above is rather pointless.
Yay, you talk smart...jk. But, that's what I always thought, If you have a super high k/d than you're just matching up against lower skill players often. My k/d was a 1.25 and some kid with a 2.0 k/d challenged me to 1v1...and I demolished him
K/D is relative in this game. There are so many factors that go into the game, and matchmaking. Walshy has a 1.2 K/D right now. But he is playing against Onyx/Champion level players. Even Pro players. Would you take some 12 year old with a 2.5K/D who earned it full teaming silver/gold rank players. Or a player like Walshy haha. Honestly as the skill curve goes up the greater chance you have of going even or close to it in a match. On Occasion you will see pro players take a huge lead if they are on fire. But normally they are even or negative. Just because the margin for error is so small when your playing against such skilled players.
The problem is that Halo is all about that win.
I prefer it that we have to go on waypoint or halotracker to see our K/D.
JCrysis86 wrote:
K/D is relative in this game. There are so many factors that go into the game, and matchmaking. Walshy has a 1.2 K/D right now. But he is playing against Onyx/Champion level players. Even Pro players. Would you take some 12 year old with a 2.5K/D who earned it full teaming silver/gold rank players. Or a player like Walshy haha. Honestly as the skill curve goes up the greater chance you have of going even or close to it in a match. On Occasion you will see pro players take a huge lead if they are on fire. But normally they are even or negative. Just because the margin for error is so small when your playing against such skilled players.
yea i just thought of that XD skill outweighs K/D... so K/D is a pointless statistic (usually is in truskill-style rank systems)
Win ratio matters more than k/d. If you play the objectives and all in warzone, you're most likely going to die or have a greater chance to die more.
I got laughed at on Xbl for being Diamond 6 and 1.1 KD
This. Hate playing with people that obsess over their good k/d but couldn't get near a diamond.

Some people I play with won't even attempt objectives in the BTB playlist through fear of the numbers looking bad on their profiles!
I prefer it that we have to go on waypoint or halotracker to see our K/D.
Not a bad idea.
JCrysis86 wrote:
I was going to say something along these lines. KD does matter but you need to look at other things too. Like JCrysis said, a 1.2 Onyx and a 1.2 silver are completely different people. I notice a huge different in games when im playing against silver and plat/diamond players. High plat/diamond+ move a lot different, more accurate, and the higher players definitely try to control the maps. Bronze, silver, and gold are more run and gun, standing still in gun fights and have sloppy shots. Ive noticed this a whole lot because for what ever god forsaken reason I was put in silver for slayer and breakout lol. The difference lately has been huge. When you KD starts to drop towards a 1.0 youre finally in a tier that you belong in. If youre literally hosing everyone down, youre in the wrong tier, but you'll eventually wind up where youre supposed to.

i dont really believe in the whole KDA thing that they have going on in H5. Yeah you weakened the guy, but you couldnt finish him off, which will catch up to you eventually. Going negative in a slayer match means youre putting your team a disadvantage. Trying to add in assists to me personally is just so the more casual people feel like theyre doing something. Slayer, breakout, doubles and probably more are really cut and dry...go positive, you win, go negative, you lose...period. Anyone that tries to argue that is a scrub.
Assists are a measure of teamwork.

A team with a good number of assists is working together.
A guy goes 14 kills, 14 assists, 16 deaths was likely an asset to that team.

Some spartan who achieves 17 assists, 5 deaths but no kills was still an asset.

Going negative of kd spread is how you lose, but it isnt necessarily the source of a loss.
I mainly play Slayer, so I do think that K/D does have some relevance to how useful you are to the team, but you also need to include assists, and whether you are controlling the power weapons, etc. (and even better if you are doing call outs).

On a personal note, I do like to have a positive K/D each game.

I do find in Halo 5 that I am capable of having truly terrible games. More so that in previous Halo's. (and not all linked to the latency issues).

I can go 6-14 and then reverse it the next game. I usually blame the 6-14 games on being shot in the back due to my backup charging off in some other direction.

I don't often go negative if the whole team is high gold and platinums (Platinum 1's don't count) as I can rely on the backup and face my opponents head on. :-)
I care a lot about KD but I don't let it get in the way of a good time. I don't discriminate against those with low KD, all my friends are below 1.0 KD but I still play with them.
SpartanJ91 wrote:
I care a lot about KD but I don't let it get in the way of a good time.
If only everyone else thought like you.
i care about kd in match making, if they negative, mostlikely they run around the map like a reckless person, i prefer someone positive in my arena games, customs and warzone, i dont care, i care about arena tho, that is where it all shows i think.
Ironaria wrote:
There are a lot of times in objective games that I'll charge or cause mayhem where most the enemy is. I know I'll die and maybe only take one out if any but in that time I'll have kept them occupied for the rest of my team to engage another point.
Smart man, I find myself doing this as well from time to time. It's very effective.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. ...
  8. 15