OP HaloKid

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. ...
  7. 15
Even when I don't care about my KD there is one plus sides to having a bad KD, such as players will get cocky and careless due to you "sucking" at the game, that is allows you to get the drop on them very often for awhile or the fact is your KD is due to you always being the one who takes the bullet for the team, why I'd get in the way of a shotgun to the face to save the flag carrier's -Yoink- if need be. If people thing a high KD = good teamwork, they are work, normally a bad KD can mean even better team work then those with a good KD, since unlike them those with a bad one, show one thing...

That they are willing to take one for the team
^ That's one way of looking at it.
JFelon27 wrote:
I just want cool armor
This guy gets it......I want my EOD helmet.....If they do manage to put the EOD helmet in the game I hope its kind of like it was in Halo 3 or Reach I didn't care for Halo 4s as much.
I agree. I would love the Halo Reach EOD Helmet. I miss my helmet. I have used that helmet since Halo 3. I really hope they put it in the future.
People are just -Yoinks!-. Do I care about kd? Yes. Do I care about it enough to act like an -Yoink- to people who don't have a good kd? No. At the end of the day it's a game that's supposed to serve as entertainment and give people the chance to have fun.
At the end of the day it's a game that's supposed to serve as entertainment and give people the chance to have fun.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
i support this movement!
I always felt that K/D is not an accurate determination of an individual player's skill.

I am not tryharding 24/7. In fact, a lot of the time I'm chillaxing and just having a deep conversation over the actual game (or just going on a spree of jokes), I am not focusing on winning. I die because I'm playing casually. But when I DO play serious, I generally play well. Not MLG-level, but decent.

My KD does not only show the times I'm tryharding. It also shows all the times I'm playing when I don't particularly care, when I'm not using my fullest playing ability. And I'm sure this applies to other players too. How can we judge a player's skill based off all the matches they aren't even really trying or caring?

This is why KD does not determine who is the better player. Yes, it can be used as a prediction, that's perfectly fine. But to say "Your KD is bad. That means you're bad at the game." That's ignorance at its finest. People who only care about the number game, it's downright absurd. It's the "judge a book by its cover" mentality.
If you obsess over KD you will ruin the game, its an indicator nothing more.
In Slayer games, I care about my K/D because I want to make a positive contribution to the team, but I don't care about everyone else's.
I take pride in having a consistently awful K/D, I am here to have fun not to care about a few digits on a screen.
It does matter to me a little bit but its not something I`m too fuss about in all honestly.
Im more into the objective games so my K/d is not as good as my friends as im the guy that runs for the flag and carries it while my friends cover me.
Isn't the point of ranking to help make it so you are a 1.0, the better you get the harder the players are ?
sonny2dap wrote:
If you obsess over KD you will ruin the game, its an indicator nothing more.
Maybe if you obsess over it then your game will be ruined but don't speak for everyone...
Cyber Rexx wrote:
KD does not determine who is the better player. Yes, it can be used as a prediction, that's perfectly fine. But to say "Your KD is bad." That's ignorance at its finest. People who only care about the number game, it's downright absurd. It's the "judge a book by its cover" mentality.
To me, I use it as an indicator to measure the type of players I'm dealing with.
It depends on your mindset.

A party that is looking to be competitive, win, rank up etc will only invite people that improve their chances. Also ingame you don't see KD, you see KDA and a KDA of 1.0 is equal to a very bad player, and is actually a negative KD.

It means they are a player who will either get 1:1 Kills + Assists : Deaths (so their KD will be negative) or will go barely positive. That is not a player that will help you win in say...slayer.

Kudos to you for being a nice guy and playing with him, but after all this is a game, don't judge people for wanting players that will give them the best chance of winning.

I have a 1.3 KD and a 4.0 KDA ingame (and I'm Diamond 6 in slayer so I play with Onyx most of the time - so fairly competitive and good players), and I tend not to play with people who are much below that, because it generally means I'll be carrying them. As far as I've noticed, anything under 2.5 - 3.0 KDA is generally a preety bad player.
You have the right to your opinion about what k/d numbers are good and bad but generally by the book of any FPS game, a k/d of 1 or higher is considered average or good.
Hmmmm not really caring about it no. It's just there for me and I know that there are way too many other things to care about in Halo than a K/D. Shouldn't let my fun be ruined because of some stupid numbers.
I stopped caring about my KD after having several matches with only 1-5 kills but 15+ assists. Seriously, I have had a few of those and it broke my spirit. 19 assists, 1 kill, 7 deaths (before getting the kill). I am cursed with teammates that follow me around and steal kills in most of my games.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Uh I mean I kinda care but don't at the same time. Like I don't purposely want to make it negative but at the same I'm not like "oh I have to keep a 2.0". And with other players I really don't care if they play with me if they have a bad k/d it's the love of the game that makes me want to play with others
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. ...
  7. 15