2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
HaloKid wrote:
Do any of you care about K/D ratios? And does it really matter to you?

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

LIKE if you don't care about KD.
Halo is the same as any game it's not ment to b the best u can be it's mean to play with friends and even people u don't know that just want to have fun and make new friends I see this happen all the time and it's stupid I'm one of those people who will play with anyone at any given time that's why I don't have a great kd like most but tbh I really don't care for my kd it's just a number ya it's cool to no close to how u r doing but it would be better if people can just leave it at making friends and just having fun
That's why I just play Warzone! Deaths don't really matter that much and people aren't all up in your grill about K/D! The people talking about K/D ratios are probably the same ones that came over from Call of Duty and want Loadouts to come back or are the ones that take the game too seriously
Bean Catz wrote:
Those who don't care about KD usually suck at playing. Most of the games are slayer where wins are based on the first team to the most kills. If you regularly go negative then you're a liability to your team.
Those who care about KD usually are immature... It works both ways.

KD matter towards winning in slayer, this is true. The opposing team cannot win if everyone maintains a ratio>1. But its too simple a stat to look at where slayer, and Halo to be more general, is a lot more than just getting kills.

It also doesnt help that KD is over the life of these games. My preferred way of learning a game is to just run around and goof with weapons. That is terrible for your kdr. I also like goofing off in general when playing solo so that doesnt help.

The best way to know how someone plays is to play with them
My personal KD matters to me, but I dont care if I have a round where I go 5-10 because I know there will be another where I go 15-5. As far as other people, I dont care what their KD is as long as they arent a total moron, if you cant aim, then fine, you can still help out by contesting power weapons, grabbing flags, and pushing strongholds. My problem is when you're constantly dying but still sprinting around the map like a chicken with its head chopped off.
I don't really care about K/D to me it's more about just the amount of Spartan kills
If you're trying to move up divisions you need people who can play at or above your level. It wouldn't make sense to bring a gold in to play with Diamonds if you want to do any good. I'm all for playing with whoever, good or bad, but still sometimes you just want to play more competitively and someone who constantly goes negative might just not be able to hold up and enjoy the game and themselves when playing with better peeps.
I don't give a flying -Yoink- about KD in game, even when I was 14 or 15 I played MW 2 didn't give a -Yoink- about my KD, then Black Ops, didn't give a -Yoink- about KD, and so on. Same goes with Halo 5 and any other game I play. This one guy in game chat when Halo 5 first came out, he was a right jerk, I said I play games for fun, and the guy said to me, "No, you don't play for fun, you play to win" and I hate people who act like that and judge you on KD.

On another note, it's not only KD ppl get judged on, but your level in other games... when I get Black Ops 3 about 3 weeks ago (before all the kids got it on X-mas) I tried to do a game of zombies which now has a level system, and guess what, when I got into a public lobby on Zombies, all those who was in the 20s or had gone prestige in zombies left the second I joined just because I was level one in zombies.

In truth LEVEL means -Yoink- all in most games now days, like GTA V, sure you can be a level 100+ with a minigun, yet that doesn't mean you can't be killed by a low level, all it takes in GTA V is one headshot from any gun, even the starting gun. This is also the same with Halo, sure you may be level 50 or so, but what actions did you take to get to level? Did you be an camping -Yoink-, did you use the most noobiest weapon in the game 24/7? Or did you earn it the right way? I sure as hell know I did earn my current level in Halo 5.
Austism AP wrote:
It's just a bragging right.
No, if you go 3-18 in Slayer you suck. It's not about bragging.
lol WTF no, I let other people play my game all the time. Hell, half my game time is probably other people playing. Obviously winning is more fun than losing but gaming with friends is more fun than gaming alone, and being friendly is far more important than winning a game.

(Also if someone plays the role of flag runner they're K/D will go down and they're probably the MVP of the team. Just sayin')
lol WTF no, I let other people play my game all the time. Hell, half my game time is probably other people playing. Obviously winning is more fun than losing but gaming with friends is more fun than gaming alone, and being friendly is far more important than winning a game.
I agree with you, all that matters to me is having a good time with friends, hell sometimes me and my friends have laughed at things I've done that caused the death of both me and my friends. Such as in Black Ops 3 as of late, I chase my friend around the map with my Brass Knuckles when doing hardcore with him, and he just screams running from me, I chase after him, and we end up running round the corner right to our deaths and laugh our head off at it
I care about assassinations. My KD has suffered a bit but that's cool with me.
No it doesn't matter really weapon kill times are to fast and it's like impossible to evade br shots or shots from a needler grenades are overpowered the blast radius is to large and grenades are overused so I gave up on a good k.d especially the fact that little kids team to much quadruple team specifically so I said screw kd I don't care if I die in the game anymore you kill me you kill me this game doesn't require any skill kd doesn't matter anymore I usually die by little kids with rocket launchers and snipers anyways so the heck with kd
You just diverted the reality of your lack of abiility to do team play, onto your frustration that "kids" get easy kills off you LOLOL

(Also if someone plays the role of flag runner they're K/D will go down and they're probably the MVP of the team. Just sayin')
This all the way. Halo is a game of fun, at least to me. Then again, with an Xbox One, if you have a gold account on your xbox you can have as many different profiles as you want so your friends won't jack up your K/D.
DESTRUCC wrote:
No it doesn't matter really weapon kill times are to fast and it's like impossible to evade br shots or shots from a needler grenades are overpowered the blast radius is to large and grenades are overused so I gave up on a good k.d especially the fact that little kids team to much quadruple team specifically so I said screw kd I don't care if I die in the game anymore you kill me you kill me this game doesn't require any skill kd doesn't matter anymore I usually die by little kids with rocket launchers and snipers anyways so the heck with kd
You just diverted the reality of your lack of abiility to do team play, onto your frustration that "kids" get easy kills off you LOLOL
I agree. You are basically just bashing your own skills.
If you have an avg kd and a good win loss ratio I would consider you a reliable player in my book but that's just me and certain circles and game modes require a high kdr and wl ratio but generally I'd you win you win.
I care about my KDA not so much KD. And if we are playing an objective I will go negative if I must to win the game. I'll repeatedly grab the flag so that the enemy can't return it while my teammates pick them off.
K/D is for tryhards i play for fun :)
RobGab999 wrote:
I care about my KDA not so much KD. And if we are playing an objective I will go negative if I must to win the game. I'll repeatedly grab the flag so that the enemy can't return it while my teammates pick them off.
Which makes your KD look bad, yet ppl don't know the truth, that you take one (or more like 10+ XD) for the team, to stop something like the flag being returned by the enemy team
Halo is about having fun and playing with your friends. Win or lose
Spoyle wrote:
KD gives you a gauge on how a player handles the division they are placed in.
Personally I wouldn't of played with your player either. Negative KD Spread means they are a burden, they aren't playing the game, they are piggybacking off the team.
Ofcourse someone has to go negative for others to go positive but if you spend most of your time being a burden. Playing with such a player is just asking for a loss.

this only applies for Slayer Gamemodes (Slayer, Breakout, SWAT). KD isn't as big in Objective.
Fun Police.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15