2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
If you have an avg kd and a good win loss ratio I would consider you a reliable player in my book but that's just me and certain circles and game modes require a high kdr and wl ratio but generally I'd you win you win.
FFA really jacks up your win ratios though. Unless of course you are beast and always get first.
MidBr0Ty wrote:
Halo is about having fun and playing with your friends. Win or lose
And actually trying to be good at the game.
Tazzman29 wrote:
Spoyle wrote:
KD gives you a gauge on how a player handles the division they are placed in.
Personally I wouldn't of played with your player either. Negative KD Spread means they are a burden, they aren't playing the game, they are piggybacking off the team.
Ofcourse someone has to go negative for others to go positive but if you spend most of your time being a burden. Playing with such a player is just asking for a loss.

this only applies for Slayer Gamemodes (Slayer, Breakout, SWAT). KD isn't as big in Objective.
Fun Police.
Oh crap! We better hide the fun then before they find it and nick us! XD
I absolutely care about K/D, but it's completely different in Halo 5... A high K/D means you're probably under-ranked and a low K/D probably means you're over-ranked (but even that is inaccurate)...

The point is, while K/D matters, it's only a small part of a much bigger picture.

An analogy might be to compare a quarterback's completion percentage. Someone who completes 90% of his passes might be considered the greatest quarterback of all time, but if he only attempts shovel passes, that 90% might be a low number.

When you take any particular stat line out of context, it's easy to get the wrong idea.

In Halo 5, it's easy to find someone with a high K/D in a silver rank and someone with a low K/D in onyx... I'll take the onyx teammate every time.
If you wanna play for fun you should consider customs
I absolutely care about K/D, but it's completely different in Halo 5... A high K/D means you're probably under-ranked and a low K/D probably means you're over-ranked (but even that is inaccurate)...

The point is, while K/D matters, it's only a small part of a much bigger picture.

An analogy might be to compare a quarterback's completion percentage. Someone who completes 90% of his passes might be considered the greatest quarterback of all time, but if he only attempts shovel passes, that 90% might be a low number.

When you take any particular stat line out of context, it's easy to get the wrong idea.

In Halo 5, it's easy to find someone with a high K/D in a silver rank and someone with a low K/D in onyx... I'll take the onyx teammate every time.
The be riding. ..on coat tales
The whole point of a game is entertainment. If you don't wanna play with players who just want to have a good time you should play with a team.
HaloKid wrote:
Do any of you care about K/D ratios? And does it really matter to you?

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

LIKE if you don't care about KD.
I had a really good day (which I rarely have) and got 22 and 0. Never had that type of gameplay after
k/d needs to be COMPLETELY scraped from the game, it seriously ruins the game please 343 remove it!
I agree. Not playing with someone because of their k/d is not only elitist, arrogant and straight-up nasty - it is also stupid. I haven't checked, but I'm sure even Kampy's k/d isn't that high, because in arena he will be playing with people around his skill level. The same goes for less experienced players. Also, k/d can be influenced by things like money spent on REQ packs (if you play warzone) and the amount of time you spend on social playlists as opposed to ranked ones. Finally, a high k/d could even be a bad thing. I remember in Halo 4, my k/d was pretty high, but it was only because I spent most of my time sneaking around the map with active camouflage, doing nothing for my team. My k/d rose, but my win rate fell. A high k/d could also be because of not playing the objective in things like CTF or Strongholds, or just straight up camping. And even if none of this applied to the situation you described, I still think the people in that party were pathetic to exclude that player because of his k/d.
(For the record, I no longer spend all my time crouching or camping while playing Halo. I can see now how silly it is to do so, and I now play the objective and play fair.)
RobGab999 wrote:
The whole point of a game is entertainment. If you don't wanna play with players who just want to have a good time you should play with a team.
That made no sense, but you can 0lay competitive and have a good time.
K/D is pretty much useless :P
RobGab999 wrote:
That made no sense, but you can 0lay competitive and have a good time.
Yes, it does make sense. I never said competitive can't be fun. But if you only want competitive players, play with a fireteam. Casual players have just as much right as you do to play in the regular lobbies. Although it would be a lot better if we had some real social playlists.
I got laughed at on Xbl for being Diamond 6 and 1.1 KD
If you are diamond with such a low KD you got carried to that rank by your team.
i care about my own kd... but i don't judge how people play off their kd, some matches you do good some you do bad... its no big deal.
I honestly could care less about my K/D ration because I occasionally like to just play around and not take the game too seriously. However, if I start dipping too low on my K/D I'll start playing seriously again.
K/D is important to me during slayer games but if my team wins in capture the flag and I go 7-13 with a flag capture, I'm more than happy
Tazzman29 wrote:
Spoyle wrote:
KD gives you a gauge on how a player handles the division they are placed in.
Personally I wouldn't of played with your player either. Negative KD Spread means they are a burden, they aren't playing the game, they are piggybacking off the team.
Ofcourse someone has to go negative for others to go positive but if you spend most of your time being a burden. Playing with such a player is just asking for a loss.

this only applies for Slayer Gamemodes (Slayer, Breakout, SWAT). KD isn't as big in Objective.
Fun Police.
Fun is subjective. You can have fun playing with baggage, running around the map pretending to play the game, and I'll have fun playing the objective to the best of my ability as I find that fun.
I never cared about KD whether it's positive or negative nor do I not care if I win or lose........yes I don't care about winning either and I wish more people here were like that. Winning isn't everything nor is having a positive KD everything.

Go ahead and point a gun at me, I don't care.
Any companies I can join? Send me a request and I will switch?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15