2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15
I check it to see how I'm doing but I don't CARE. I don't just strive for K/D when I play and it surely isn't my goal. My goal is to enjoy myself and get better, but everything can't be measured in K/D. The more you care about yourself, the more of a -Yoink- you become. Just look at the CoD community. A sidenote, inviting that kid was the right move. -Yoink- those ego-brained -Yoinks!-.
HaloKid wrote:
Do any of you care about K/D ratios? And does it really matter to you?

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

LIKE if you don't care about KD.
Halo is about winning and winning only
Here you see the arrogant -Yoink- in its natural habitat...
Can I join your company? And I AGREE with that!
Good post, I did, and its always nice for your service record to go positive, but Halo 5 is a hard game, due to the ranking system and matchmaking it can be hard to keep to a high sat like previous titles. However for me i pay attention to my W/L ratio!
Can I join your company? And I AGREE with that!
Messaged you dude. Just depends if you're nice or not but you seem cool.
I also find it very frustrating about how people react to one's k/d. I mean, whats the big deal? Having a negative k/d does not mean you are a bad player, and yet people are discriminated because of it. Seriously? I get how people can get competitive, but some people take it too far. What you contribute to your team and how you play is what matters, not how many kills you can pop per life. I haven't even made a spartan company yet because of people's limitations on my k/d. I focus more on having fun and helping my team mates, not the kills.
The only time I'll really care about KD is in a game of slayer or a slayer variant because having a negative KD means you're negatively impacting the team. I don't obsess over getting killing sprees every time but so long as my KD stays at 1.0 or better I'm happy. In objective gametypes KD means absolutely nothing. It's easy to camp and objective and get killing sprees and a high KD but it's another actually play the objective and benefit your team. I'll admit that I camped objectives quite a bit in Halo 4(Ragnarok and Husky Raid especially) and I'm not super proud of it. It was insanely easy to get KD of 5.0+ when the enemy was tunnel visioned on the flag but that doesn't help your team much other than preventing some people from getting your flag. In short, I no longer care about KD in objective based games but during slayer/slayer variants, I do care about it to an extent.
When you've had a negative K/D since you first started playing, you stop caring. I don't care. Cared for a little bit, but stopped because it's just a number.
there is no room for fun in halo, its all about winning.
HaloKid wrote:
Do any of you care about K/D ratios? And does it really matter to you?

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

LIKE if you don't care about KD.
Good job sir! That was so biased of the fellow members of the party to exclude that kid just because of his KD and it was very thoughtful of you to leave them and play just with that one kid.

I've never had a positive KD ever, but does that bother me? No, it's a game, we win, we lose, we get lots of kills or we die more often then we thought we would. These days I tend to focus more on assisting other players and going for the objective even if it means i die more than I kill. They're just a bunch of numbers.

Some people just want to play for fun regardless of skill, and that's okay. But I can't and won't stand for players who exclude and create bias against players based on skill, rank, KD, etc.
For one to be positive there's need to be someone negative, so would be 50/50 between positive/negative. So yea... I don't care about K/D ratio.
croakinc36 wrote:
I check it to see how I'm doing but I don't CARE. I don't just strive for K/D when I play and it surely isn't my goal. My goal is to enjoy myself and get better, but everything can't be measured in K/D. The more you care about yourself, the more of a -Yoink- you become. Just look at the CoD community. A sidenote, inviting that kid was the right move. -Yoink- those ego-brained -Yoinks!-.
this is a healthy way of looking at it.

it interesting to track personally. its fun to tease a buddy- back in halo 2 days after a loss we always looked to see who was the "reason" we lost. it was usually my wife, but it was all in fun.

in a balanced matchmaking setting you ratios for kills to deaths and wins to losses should always hover around 1.
I care about my KD, but i dont harp on people if theres are low. I just like to have a visual gauge on how much im improving.
if its not arena, then no I wouldn't care
I like objective........KD does not matter when your playing objective, only scoring flags and taking strongholds.
It kinda does matter in slayer. The objective is to win, and you probably aren't gonna get far with someone going negative. All i need to see is if you are going negative are your assists. If you're just dying and not doing anything then you should just quit.
JFelon27 wrote:
I just want cool armor
Before the charity event in Halo 3, recon guaranteed you a -Yoink- ton of friend requests lol. Annoying as hell

I think copperhead is my favorite Halo armor of all time currently.
I don't care in the slightest, I am a huge Halo fan and have loved it for a long time. I play just to enjoy the game for what it is and not about being the best. I am indeed someone who prefers having fun over winning.
Eh, I try to keep positive, but when playing objectives the win is what matters most and if I go -20 (almost impossible to do that) I'll use that as motivation to *Yoink* on kids next game.
Here's the thing... in a perfect world, where you are matched evenly with opponents of exact same skill, your K/D should be 1.0 (and you should win 50% of your games).

The higher your K/D gets... the harder the opponents you should be matched against... until your K/D returns towards 1.0.

So... when I hear you have a very high K/D... my thoughts instantly turn to three options;

1. You are lying.
2. You are K/D farming in objective games.
3. You are deliberately playing against opponents of lesser rank.

Really, K/D is a dichotomy... it is either less than one (and you have work to do)... or it is greater than one (yay). How far it is above is rather pointless.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15