Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] KD this, KD that

OP HaloKid

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 15
EmiDidact wrote:
HaloKid wrote:
Do any of you care about K/D ratios? And does it really matter to you?

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

LIKE if you don't care about KD.
Good job sir! That was so biased of the fellow members of the party to exclude that kid just because of his KD and it was very thoughtful of you to leave them and play just with that one kid.

I've never had a positive KD ever, but does that bother me? No, it's a game, we win, we lose, we get lots of kills or we die more often then we thought we would. These days I tend to focus more on assisting other players and going for the objective even if it means i die more than I kill. They're just a bunch of numbers.

Some people just want to play for fun regardless of skill, and that's okay. But I can't and won't stand for players who exclude and create bias against players based on skill, rank, KD, etc.
I agree with the both of you! It's great to see there are kindhearted people apart of the Halo community.
I agree with you halokid
I really don't care about my KD. Yeah, it's horrible, but I never had a positive one.

I just enjoy the games and the great Halo lore and try to win with my team (and if we lose it's not the worst thing that can happen in life). I have my Scout armour and hopefully a DMR soon, that's more important to me.
croakinc36 wrote:
HaloKid wrote:
Do any of you care about K/D ratios? And does it really matter to you?

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

LIKE if you don't care about KD.
Halo is about winning and winning only
Here you see the arrogant -Yoink- in its natural habitat...
I think the person was trying to say that multiplayer is only about winning, not your KDA. They were agreeing with Halokid.
In my opinion people who don't care about K/D are just in it for fun and they don't necessarily care if they win or lose. As someone who wants to win any game i play I would enjoy if you cared about the K/D but as long as you have good team work and understand the game its fine.
Darwi wrote:
Here's the thing... in a perfect world, where you are matched evenly with opponents of exact same skill, your K/D should be 1.0 (and you should win 50% of your games).

The higher your K/D gets... the harder the opponents you should be matched against... until your K/D returns towards 1.0.

So... when I hear you have a very high K/D... my thoughts instantly turn to three options;

1. You are lying.
2. You are K/D farming in objective games.
3. You are deliberately playing against opponents of lesser rank.

Really, K/D is a dichotomy... it is either less than one (and you have work to do)... or it is greater than one (yay). How far it is above is rather pointless.
Exactly. Your KD should always average out to a lower number.
to me K/D does not matter i just like to have fun. i mean the point of games is to have fun right?
People who care and brag about their k/d were losers in high school. Lol this is there way of getting back. Having a good K/D and to brag about it. Now if you play for money it's different but all yalls talk about onyx diamond blah blah blah. I mean are you making money? Then who cares just have fun. I would of trolled those guys who were jerks to the kid with a 1 k/d.
Trespa5s wrote:
As long as the team wins. If that means putting yourself out there to secure the OBJ or contest the hill and I happen to die then it's just Halo. I knew I was gonna die when I put myself in that situation.
Exactly.
K/D isn't that important, overall skill and what a spartan contributes to a team is important. Any bad player can sit on one spot camp and build up their K/D.
Simple lets play Halo 4 and see who has a higher KD. I would wipe the floor with most. Halo 5 is just weird, you can't dodge anything even with the thruster pack unless you are down the hall about 20 yards away. Grenades are overpowered and the blast radius is to big. This game was garnered for MLG and tested by people who used to play MLG. This is not Halo but something else. Call of Halo is what I like to call it. I don't need a lot of new things every game. Just more storyline and more of the same Multiplayer. What do I know? I followed this game from its inception and played every game religiously but now it makes me break controllers from stupid stuff. I mean I shot and killed you and you had you weapon aimed when you died but you still were able to throw a grenade as you fell..... yep....
HaloKid wrote:
Do any of you care about K/D ratios? And does it really matter to you?

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

LIKE if you don't care about KD.
Depends...if there doing horrible and getting killed a lot then K/D probably might matter. I personally only care about K/D in Halo 5 because it's the only thing keeping me from completely stopping from playing Halo 5 altogether since I find the game unbalanced and pretty broken, that the pointless grind to get specific armours due to the REQ lottery. Never worried about K/D in previous games but I've seen how bad some people play in Halo 5 so there's no reason why I shouldn't at least try to improve my general k/d to help make me a better gamer, even if means I get 30 kills in BTB since I've seen players that can't hold any objectives without a good player watching their back. Obviously people with horrible K/D radtio's aren't cool...try holding a team in slayer when the rest of the team can barely get 1-2 kills, are directly responsible for why I'm having to deal with most of the enemy team's kills. Asking for a like...this isn't Facebook.
HaloKid wrote:
Do any of you care about K/D ratios? And does it really matter to you?

I was in a party earlier and they didn't wanna let this one kid play with us because his K/D was 1.0, seriously?
You know what I did? I left that party and invited the kid to play with me - just us 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't run around the map recklessly and die countless times, but I won't get mad at you or at myself if we happened to go negative. This is Halo people. It happens. We have great games, and we have bad games - but don't beat someone up, or make someone feel bad because of their K/d ratio. That's not cool. Anyone who knows me, knows I play with anyone - good or bad, but more importantly, with people who just wanna play the game on a casual level.

LIKE if you don't care about KD.
I like to make fun of my friends when they die too much 😲
for me kd motivates me to keep playing and to play better. When I first bought halo 5 i had to adjust to all the new gameplay features and my kd was above 200 kills maybe, now my kd is above 700-800. Remember you cant win if your kd is bad even in team arena game modes like ctf and strongholds
ronnie42 wrote:
Asking for a like...this isn't Facebook
He's asking for the like to get a head count of the people who agree with him. Statistics.
Doesn't completely matter bcause not everyone single person plays competitive..

If competitive then Neg isn't so good but if your a objective player than its understandable y...

I won't not play with people because of kd I dotn check ever really but if we are consistently losing due to someone being neg I just play somethin else with them..
K/D boasting is for pub stompers... AKA noobs (with a few exceptions, as with anything). Serious gamers usually just laugh at these folks, they're a joke.
What matters is winning and who you play against.
Of course kd is important and mostly because the objective of halo multiplayer is basically kill your enemy, it reflects in some way if you are useful in a match, what can you do for your team if you are always dead? Or you can't guard a base or a stronghold? , if you say that you play for fun, do you have fun losing?
I once heard a 9 year old tell an 11 year old he was reporting him for being under age lol
We are what you call a hardcore casual. We are good but we play for fun.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 15