Kill stealing assassinations

OP Whitey SPQR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
For me, one of the most satisfying things on Halo is a nicely timed assassination- whether an old school Ninja, to the introduction of really cool and fantastic assassination moves that you execute after slowly creeping up on that guy sniping on a roof in Warzone, I absolutely love being able to perform the moves and watching them. Some of them are even more like Mortal Kombat Fatalities/ Tekken Combo moves and have me going like oooohhhhh (Fisticuffs and Shove It I'm looking at you)!

Conversely, one of the most rage inducing things is when a teammate just goes right up and steals the kill, and they know full well what they're doing. You stand there in shock for a second as you realise you only got an assist, then you look around to see some guy in full ODST armor teabagging before running off. You chase after him, punch him a few times, but really the moment is gone, and with it your assassination medal.

What I think would be a good idea, is that whilst performing an assassination animation, the victim is immune to damage from those on your team (but can still be stolen in modes such as multi- team) which allows you to fully perform an execution. So if someone has run into your armoury on warzone spraying left, right and centre, and you get that assassination, you don't have to worry about all the teammates around you putting a single shot to the head, instead they can just watch the macabre show being played out before them.

Just a small thing, but one that would really stop certain situations being rage inducing online because of teammates being about as useful as an ejection seat on a helicopter
I turned off my assassinations for that sheer issue
I absolutely hate it when I finally sneak up behind someone and the assassination starts and my teammate just shoots the person I'm killing. The idea of the victim being immune to teammates sounds great
It pisses me off when this happens. The best way to prevent this is to use assassinations that block off your teammates for shooting your victim. But having the victim immune to damage from your teammates is a great idea. Maybe they could make a Warzone armor mod that speeds up assassinations, makes the victim immune to teammates during the animation, and damage to victim from punches, kicks, knees, minor stabs and slam downs. What is really stupid is how one time I was shooting someone with an AR till they were dead and my teammate tries to assassinate him while I'm still shooting him and I kill him cause my teammate started the animation when I was one shot. So then my teammate betrays me and teabags me as well. I ended up killing him with a caster and he was booted later in the match. Its messed up how some people don't know the difference between a yoink and a accident/kill. Eyebiter is a quick assassination with movement which is hard to yoink.
It pisses me off when this happens. The best way to prevent this is to use assassinations that block off your teammates for shooting your victim. But having the victim immune to damage from your teammates is a great idea. Maybe they could make a Warzone armor mod that speeds up assassinations, makes the victim immune to teammates during the animation, and damage to victim from punches, kicks, knees, minor stabs and slam downs.
Or like a Ninja mod that reduces your detection radius on the radar/ giving you a moments heads up of an enemy on your radar before they detect you so you could crouch, along with a sped up assassination animation.
The true assassination is when you get them when nobody is looking, the way of the Ninja. You shouldn't be noticed by anybody, that's next level. Like a lion picking off the weak member of the herd.
Regardless of how cool they are, assassinations are risky and still leave you vulnerable. I'd rather have it where, if a teammate gets the killing shot on the player you're assassinating, you should still get the kill medal while the teammate gets the assist. I hate having my assassination stolen but I hate it more when I get killed because I'm stuck in the animation.

But if a teammate steals your assassination when there's no risk of you being killed while doing so, then yeah, they're simply a massive yoinkhole.
Syntherios wrote:
Regardless of how cool they are, assassinations are risky and still leave you vulnerable. I'd rather have it where, if a teammate gets the killing shot on the player you're assassinating, you should still get the kill medal while the teammate gets the assist. I hate having my assassination stolen but I hate it more when I get killed because I'm stuck in the animation.

Wasn't that the case in Halo: Reach? And the vulnerability is totally worth it- watching two people in a party together, one is in the middle of being assassinated and the other is frantically trying to shoot you before he dies is quite hilarious imo
Yea...the animations are just for vanity's sake. I turned them off, so I can bash/punch them and be on my merry way before anyone comes to steal the kill or comes after me for revenge lol
For me, one of the most satisfying things on Halo is a nicely timed assassination- whether an old school Ninja, to the introduction of really cool and fantastic assassination moves that you execute after slowly creeping up on that guy sniping on a roof in Warzone, I absolutely love being able to perform the moves and watching them. Some of them are even more like Mortal Kombat Fatalities/ Tekken Combo moves and have me going like oooohhhhh (Fisticuffs and Shove It I'm looking at you)!

Conversely, one of the most rage inducing things is when a teammate just goes right up and steals the kill, and they know full well what they're doing. You stand there in shock for a second as you realise you only got an assist, then you look around to see some guy in full ODST armor teabagging before running off. You chase after him, punch him a few times, but really the moment is gone, and with it your assassination medal.

What I think would be a good idea, is that whilst performing an assassination animation, the victim is immune to damage from those on your team (but can still be stolen in modes such as multi- team) which allows you to fully perform an execution. So if someone has run into your armoury on warzone spraying left, right and centre, and you get that assassination, you don't have to worry about all the teammates around you putting a single shot to the head, instead they can just watch the macabre show being played out before them.

Just a small thing, but one that would really stop certain situations being rage inducing online because of teammates being about as useful as an ejection seat on a helicopter
*Typical answer* DUDE stop flooding the forum with useless posts, if you can't enjoy warzone and your lagging too much get some more friends and move closer to an internet hub, problem solved. Better yet, play Call of Duty. (Authentic 100%, as it is completely void of an actual related topic.)

*Actual adult answer* As awesome as it is to pull off an assassination, I think it's more painful to watch a teammate steal one of these kills compared to being killed by a teammate due to friendly fire. I've dealt with this nasty behavior so often, it completely nullifies the game's use of a pretty interesting unique mechanic. I can understand shooting an enemy spartan attempting to take down your teammate, but I can't understand the thought process behind not giving the kill to the player in animation, instead letting another player steal it.

What's even more sad is this is a mechanic the community does like, and what a surprise, 343i can't seem to get it right. Let's just add that to the growing list of -Yoink- ups.
Just turn off assassinations to avoid this issue. I play with them off and it makes it much easier to get kills. You won't accidentally assassinate when you are trying to back smack. If you really want to keep them on just use one that is quick and hard to steal from (Emile's Regards, Fisticuffs) and stay away from Terminal Velocity. Even though it is one of the coolest looking ones it is really easy to steal from.
I always steal them, hate having team mates wasting precious time on an unnecessary animation. Just disable them, problem solved.
I always steal them, hate having team mates wasting precious time on an unnecessary animation. Just disable them, problem solved.
Savage
DO NOT USE THEM!!! >:v
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I absolutely hate it when I finally sneak up behind someone and the assassination starts and my teammate just shoots the person I'm killing. The idea of the victim being immune to teammates sounds *absolutely awful.
fix'd that for ya.
104 ways to die. Near impossible to get them stolen from you.
104 ways to die. Near impossible to get them stolen from you.
Sort of the other way around. 104 Ways to Die is hard to showstop but the stab leaves your victim 1 shot so someone can easily yoink.
The animation is necessary
As terrible as a kill steal is, it's even worse when it's done on accident. I was assassinating an elite boss in Warzone, and I had a friendly just filling the area with Wraith mortars. He took out the Elite before I got the animation completed, and felt so sad about it - he had no idea he had done it.

Inversely, I've done the same thing. I had a DMR and was getting quick headshots on a whole bunch of grunts. A friendly had just started the assassination on the last one in the area, but before I could see him I had fired a shot. I felt super bad...went to a REQ station, spawned in a power weapon and gave it to him as an apology haha
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8