Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Killing bosses in Warzone Firefight

OP NeatVixere

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Do you ever riddle a boss (Mythic or Legendary) with bullets but then a teammate shoots ONE bullet into the boss and gets the takedown where as you get no credit what soever and just get the dreadful 'Teammates eliminated a Mythic Boss' message? It is the WORST. 343 Industries have to fix this problem and change the mechanics so that the person who dealt the most damage gets the takedown. But everybody on the team gets 500xp and the people that get the takedown get the bonus 1000xp. Also if you die with a vehicle, it doesn't de-spawn or get stolen, it should be locked from other players (apart from friends) so that it doesn't get stolen and wasted.
NeatVixere wrote:
Do you ever riddle a boss (Mythic or Legendary) with bullets but then a teammate shoots ONE bullet into the boss and gets the takedown where as you get no credit what soever and just get the dreadful 'Teammates eliminated a Mythic Boss' message? It is the WORST. 343 Industries have to fix this problem and change the mechanics so that the person who dealt the most damage gets the takedown. But everybody on the team gets 500xp and the people that get the takedown get the bonus 1000xp. Also if you die with a vehicle, it doesn't de-spawn or get stolen, it should be locked from other players (apart from friends) so that it doesn't get stolen and wasted.
I thought everybody got the kill as long as you put in damage at least 10ish seconds before it dies.
Sacr3d wrote:
NeatVixere wrote:
I thought everybody got the kill as long as you put in damage at least 10ish seconds before it dies.
It seems to vary from match to match. I've gotten boss takedowns by shooting at the boss a couple times with an H2 Battle Rifle a second or two before the kill, but other matches I'll dump a Rocket Launcher into the boss a second before it dies and not get credit.
I think that the kill should go to the person who did the most damage.
Dont care man. Boss taken down. Round won is still a win for me
Sacr3d wrote:
NeatVixere wrote:
That's how the medal works, but not the "kill." So you can get a Warden killed medal but it won't always count towards a warden commendation.
I can't like this post enough. Love this attitude. Team player to the max.
The problem with this train of thought is people would immediately spawn rockets or something high damage, hurt the boss, and then have no need to continue shooting the boss. So one guy puts four rockets into an enemy and could watch his teammates fire at the boss without helping and get the kill.

Im not saying your wrong, I'm saying both methods have drawbacks. I like the "last shot" method because it encourages continuous fire from the team from start to finish.
How about when someone assassinates the Warden Eternal and he/she gets no credit for pulling it off. Yes real frustrating when put in the most effort for taking down a boss and yet you get nothing at the end.
As long as we win the game, I don't care who gets the boss kill.
NeatVixere wrote:
EXACTLY! You can do litetally 99% of the damage but if you wait 10 seconds without damaging it you no longer get ANY credit.
I agree with you 100%
Anyone who puts 1dmg into the boss should get credit. Just finished a WZFF game and dumped an entire lvl 6 hydra into a banshee, went back to the req station and dumped an entire gaus hog turrent into it. "Teammates eliminated banshee"... It's an absolute joke. It makes me not want to shoot the boss till the very end. Why waste ammo in the beginning on something I might not get credit for to bring it's health down.
Feel your pain, and i suspect so do many others ... and obviously have done for the past 3 years...

The problem with this train of thought is people would immediately spawn rockets or something high damage, hurt the boss, and then have no need to continue shooting the boss. So one guy puts four rockets into an enemy and could watch his teammates fire at the boss without helping and get the kill.

Im not saying your wrong, I'm saying both methods have drawbacks. I like the "last shot" method because it encourages continuous fire from the team from start to finish.
Of course the problem here is that i can wander round picking off 'normal' tangos while watching the health bar of the boss, then at the appropriate moment step up, kill the boss and reap the rewards. There is no incentive to *start* to kill a boss other than time constraints ...
It deppends a lot on the kind of boss. For example, the temple banshes are very hard to get. Even If you do more damage than all your team sometimes they don't give you any credit . Or the ghost, if you shoot with plasma caster and dont hit the body they don't give you nothing. Or the phaeton, If you use the plasma for drop the boss and dont shot him then your team kill him and they don't give you credit. The wraith for example, if you shot it with dmr or br they don't give you the kill. I remember I kill one mythic wraith with sniper and they don't give me nothing but if I kill it with the binary they give me the kill.
I think they should be more fair about bosses. For example if you do 50% damage they should give you that points. It's really unfair that you do 97% damage to a mythic warden, then die and other dude kill it, then they got the 4000 points and you 0.
It is frustrating, that being said, it being difficult is what makes the commendation worth having and achieving. Mech kills was the last and most frustrating commendation for me. Felt real good when it was done.
I still have yet to max the grunt mech commendation (4/5); it seems like they only count for me when I make the kill shot.
I think they should be more fair about bosses. For example if you do 50% damage they should give you that points. It's really unfair that you do 97% damage to a mythic warden, then die and other dude kill it, then they got the 4000 points and you 0.
There is some sort of dissemination of points, because i have got a range of points for "killing" a boss. On Mythic it ranges from 800 to 3200 (the latter i think being a "real" kill). It may have been better to assign points as the boss is struck rather than at it's demise.

Of course the boss must eventually be *actually* killed and the question is should that be attributed to one player alone? If not, then how many and how are they selected?
Yea same, boss takedown medals is not a priority for me.
Pretty much, yeah. If someone happened to kill it faster than me and we get the Speed Bonus, all the better
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I still have yet to max the grunt mech commendation (4/5); it seems like they only count for me when I make the kill shot.
Thats exactly whats going on. You have to get the exact kill on the grunt piloting it apperently. Theres a list somewhere on here about how to go about doing it.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2