Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Killing bosses in Warzone Firefight

OP NeatVixere

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The banshee bosses are especially susceptible to not giving credit. I almost think that on those you MUST be the last shot to get credit. I have literally taken down 99% of the health on it, I stop to reload, and I don't get credit for it.
That's definitely an issue. A one shot steal kill just isn't right. It should be who does the most damage. Of course on the flip side, one guy has all his vehicles unlocked, a new player that has little unlocked doesn't have a chance of getting the kill.
NeatVixere wrote:
Do you ever riddle a boss (Mythic or Legendary) with bullets but then a teammate shoots ONE bullet into the boss and gets the takedown where as you get no credit what soever and just get the dreadful 'Teammates eliminated a Mythic Boss' message? It is the WORST. 343 Industries have to fix this problem and change the mechanics so that the person who dealt the most damage gets the takedown. But everybody on the team gets 500xp and the people that get the takedown get the bonus 1000xp. Also if you die with a vehicle, it doesn't de-spawn or get stolen, it should be locked from other players (apart from friends) so that it doesn't get stolen and wasted.
Usually don’t have that problem. I think what you describe just means you didn’t deal enough damage.

About dying in vehicles: Git gud!
I still have yet to max the grunt mech commendation (4/5); it seems like they only count for me when I make the kill shot.
Thats exactly whats going on. You have to get the exact kill on the grunt piloting it apperently. Theres a list somewhere on here about how to go about doing it.
I tend to use Wraiths and Scorpions to destroy them, but I think I read using the Twin Jewels of Maethrillian is effective at popping his shields, so to get the kill by headshot… I might try that when I get a game with a grunt mech.
I still have yet to max the grunt mech commendation (4/5); it seems like they only count for me when I make the kill shot.
Thats exactly whats going on. You have to get the exact kill on the grunt piloting it apperently. Theres a list somewhere on here about how to go about doing it.
I tend to use Wraiths and Scorpions to destroy them, but I think I read using the Twin Jewels of Maethrillian is effective at popping his shields, so to get the kill by headshot… I might try that when I get a game with a grunt mech.
Twin Jewels, Endgame, anything energy based with a lot of damage over time.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I think that the kill should go to the person who did the most damage.
this.
They changed the medal from 10% to i believe 3%. As far as the the actual kill, the final shot is what actually kills the boss. I know getting Warden and Grunt Mech kills takes a long time (152 and still haven't finished Grunt Mechs).
I always try to get a shot at weak spots, but some noob always splatters me on my way to the vantage point...
They changed the medal from 10% to i believe 3%. As far as the the actual kill, the final shot is what actually kills the boss. I know getting Warden and Grunt Mech kills takes a long time (152 and still haven't finished Grunt Mechs).
Sometimes even if you do last shot they don't give you nothing. Specially with phaetons and banshes. Last week I was killing a banshe with a sword with help of a plasma pistol from a teammate and they don't give me nothing.
Other circunstance that can happen is that you kill a boss in the first second he appears and they'll don't give you credit (to anybody).
I think it has to do with how close you are to the boss when your shooting it. From far away it won't register. Closer and you don't need to do a whole lot of damage for it to count.
NICK SLAY wrote:
I think it has to do with how close you are to the boss when your shooting it. From far away it won't register. Closer and you don't need to do a whole lot of damage for it to count.
I agree. I have noticed this on Prospect against the banshee bosses in round 5 especially.
Ordinarily, I'd lock this as it's an older thread however you guys seem to be using it properly for now. Please be mindful of dates in the future.

Anyone who puts 1dmg into the boss should get credit. Just finished a WZFF game and dumped an entire lvl 6 hydra into a banshee, went back to the req station and dumped an entire gaus hog turrent into it. "Teammates eliminated banshee"... It's an absolute joke. It makes me not want to shoot the boss till the very end. Why waste ammo in the beginning on something I might not get credit for to bring it's health down.
Please don't revive old threads. You're better off starting a new one next time.

Thanks!
NICK SLAY wrote:
I think you’re right. Experienced that myself a lot. Got mythic boss kills with a DMR by standing close enough and failed to get them with a Mantis while standing further away.
I always try to get a shot at weak spots, but some noob always splatters me on my way to the vantage point...
It’s not only noobs. Many people are just reckless.
... and even more want to make sure that they get it 😮
vengeant wrote:
... and even more want to make sure that they get it 😮
Very true. It’s the WZFF equivalent to killing people for power weapons in Reach.
What about when you tie the score, go over the stats you see yourself in 2nd place despite showing superior skill?

Kill shot/most damage on the boss doesn't matter as much as whether you contributed to the kill at all. It's a team effort, so the only ones who should be left out are the ones who didn't focus on the objective.
I’m not gonna lie I completely stole a Banshee boss kill is regular Warzone a few weeks ago. I respawned, looked up and saw 2 enemy Banshees so I whipped out my DMR and picked one of them and fired a single shot, killing it and stealing the kill for out team. The other Banshee belonged to the other team and had dealt all of the damage to the boss. I didn’t even notice that it was a boss or so low on health. Complete blind luck I chose to shoot it and not the player Banshee.

We ended up winning that game because of that Banshee kill. I think it was like 1000-993 or something. Poor guy must’ve been absolutely pissed lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2