Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Knights making gurgling noises

OP tuhin94

What are the Knights doing when they make that noise? Is it a laugh coming from the composed being? That’s sort of what it sounds like. Or something more sinister/creepy?

EDIT: Clip. The sound is in the last 10 seconds. There are two, but the one I’m focusing on the the second to last one where the Knight goes, “Ha-ha-ha.”
I know what your taking about and I personally never thought much about it. I'm guessing it's a form of communication or maybe just like a growl or something.
Considering how some of the helmets look in Halo 5, it's no wonder Spartans get laughed at by Knights
Considering how some of the helmets look in Halo 5, it's no wonder Spartans get laughed at by Knights
This made my day 😂
Can you record a clip of what you're referring to? I'm not sure I can place what noise it is, but this sounds interesting!
JB Linken wrote:
Can you record a clip of what you're referring to? I'm not sure I can place what noise it is, but this sounds interesting!
Agreed. Unsure of the noise.
JB Linken wrote:
Apologies for the late reply. Had to find a decent clip and have added it to my first post.
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
Apologies for the late reply. Had to find a decent clip and have added it to my first post.
Oh interesting! Thanks for the update.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I hear "Er ah" rather than laughing though. Perhaps it is a growl at hostiles as it didn't seem to trigger until they saw you.
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:

I'm not sure what to make of it. I hear "Er ah" rather than laughing though. Perhaps it is a growl at hostiles as it didn't seem to trigger until they saw you.
It’s like a second or so before the “er-ah” noise.
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:

It’s like a second or so before the “er-ah” noise.
Oh I heard it! It does sound like laughter. I wonder if a teammate was killed at that moment, or they just laugh. Good catch!
As I hear it, the "er-ah" seems like the Knights are saying "party time!" when they encounter you.
tuhin94 wrote:
What are the Knights doing when they make that noise? Is it a laugh coming from the composed being? That’s sort of what it sounds like. Or something more sinister/creepy?

EDIT: Clip. The sound is in the last 10 seconds. There are two, but the one I’m focusing on the the second to last one where the Knight goes, “Ha-ha-ha.”
Well, getting into the technical lore, the Knights are humans that were killed by the Composer (either ancient humanity, or those killed in New Phoenix), then had the consciousness uploaded into Knight constructs. They do retain snippets of their human memory, but have been reprogrammed by the Didact (and Cortana after him), so laughing as a taunt of sorts is certainly within the realm of possibility, since humans laugh as a taunt.
AYYY. Nice one.
I'm an expert in the knights original language. Those gurgling noises transalte to "I'm going to kick ur -Yoink-
tuhin94 wrote:

probably a combo of both