1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I personally would LOVE to see King of the Hill make a comeback, like the Assault playlist is currently featured.

Strongholds is great, but there is nothing like the carnage of KOTH, especially on big maps, big hills, etc. A proper gametype from back in the CE days!
We've been asking for it since launch. As far as I know they haven't commented on its absence or said anything about its return.

Some seem to think Strongholds is a good enough replacement. Personally, I don't think it is. KotH was soooo much more fun.

I'm sure if they could get away with adding REGs to it we would have it as a permanent mode tomorrow(yeah I went there).
I personally would LOVE to see King of the Hill make a comeback, like the Assault playlist is currently featured.

Strongholds is great, but there is nothing like the carnage of KOTH, especially on big maps, big hills, etc. A proper gametype from back in the CE days!
Koth, vip, juggernaut bring it on
I would love to see KOTH return to Halo...besides it's Master Chief's favorite game!
Strongholds is and should not be a "replacement" gametype. You do not have to dedicate a man to the hill to accrue time... You can simply set up around the strongholds and lock them down once they have been captured.

Is it similar? Yes... but the overall game dynamics are much different.

Maybe a FFA Warzone game type with KOTH as a option?
I think that the absence of game modes like King of the Hill is one of H5's biggest flaws. Personally, I love H5 but a bit more variety would make it even better.
Would be grate if 343 added Oddball, One Flag, KotH and so on to this game :)
Crazy King was my favorite varient. Nades were EVERYWHERE! Multi-team Crazy King on Sword Base in Reach, best combo in my opinion. (Nothing beats Multi-Team Rocket Race. Nothing.)
With an FFA variant too..
Strongholds is and should not be a "replacement" gametype. You do not have to dedicate a man to the hill to accrue time... You can simply set up around the strongholds and lock them down once they have been captured.

Is it similar? Yes... but the overall game dynamics are much different.
Strongholds is more of a replacement for Territories that was in Halo 3 alongside KOTH but that 343 took out that mode [Territorie] for some reason in 4 to add Dominion but then changed it to Strongholds, but KOTH got left behind? Even tho its one of the classic modes?
King of the Hill gave me some of my favourite memories of Halo. It's devastating that they don't seem to care about it. :(
They may have to take out Spartain Abilities for KotH. That may be why they have just ignored it.

I see trouble if you can just Charge or Pound your way into the circle.
King of the Hill and Oddball.
WHERE ARE THEY AT 343? =)
KOTH and Oddball - bring them back, and I am forever a happy man with this already excellent game.
King of the Hill, Oddball and Ricochet all should come back at minimum.
MysticKami wrote:
They may have to take out Spartain Abilities for KotH. That may be why they have just ignored it.

I see trouble if you can just Charge or Pound your way into the circle.
How is that different from playing Strongholds now? You can Charge or Pound your way into the circle now and it plays just fine.

It's just not a acceptable replacement for KotH, IMO.
KOTH is awesome! Back in the LAN days we used to modify it with just nades and shotguns. It was even more crazy. Also I always preferred crazy king over a stationary one. It has a little more strategy to it.
Whose to say that their updating koth for 5 I mean they updated infection so koth might return it's just a question of when
We've been asking for it since launch. As far as I know they haven't commented on its absence or said anything about its return.

Some seem to think Strongholds is a good enough replacement. Personally, I don't think it is. KotH was soooo much more fun.

I'm sure if they could get away with adding REGs to it we would have it as a permanent mode tomorrow(yeah I went there).
Agreed. KOTH was hilarious fun. Everyone making a mad dash for the new hill as soon as it changes position. Strongholds does not play the same.
All i want is rocket race, koth, headhunter, stock-pile, oddball, pretty much all of the social modes which we dont have nor we will have..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2