Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Lack of Map Variety In BTB Add More Maps! ASAP

OP MagnusFarseeR

BTB is a forge playlist yet they always have the same maps. Traffic jam is the worst map, bland blocky looking forge map that was obviously not made to look good. I would like to see Hemmorage from Halo Reach and other new maps in BTB but they are always the same ones, add more please 343.
They're currently working on a BTB refresh.
I think 343 should import maps from Halo 3. There were plenty of maps perfect for BTB.
I think 343 should import maps from Halo 3. There were plenty of maps perfect for BTB.
Every so often they have a Halo 3 playlist for this precise purpose!
Such a shame what 343i did to BTB. Love the forge community, but they shouldn’t be the creators of maps for one of the main game modes in halo.
I sit alot wrote:
Such a shame what 343i did to BTB. Love the forge community, but they shouldn’t be the creators of maps for one of the main game modes in halo.
Agreed, would have preferred AAA maps, they could have even ported over the WZ maps into BTB but sadly all we get is forge maps.
ronnie42 wrote:
I sit alot wrote:
Agreed, would have preferred AAA maps, they could have even ported over the WZ maps into BTB but sadly all we get is forge maps.
So true dude! Them warzone maps would’ve been cool in BTB. It’s the least they could’ve done.
I sit alot wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
I sit alot wrote:
So true dude! Them warzone maps would’ve been cool in BTB. It’s the least they could’ve done.
Yeh would be decent but they would have need to be tweaked since parts of the maps wouldn't be well balanced...eg someone could spawn trap the tank so it could never be used or in some cases the tank could spawn trap the enemy...sure there's plenty of other things that could go wrong.
ronnie42 wrote:
I sit alot wrote:
If fan-made Forge maps return for Infinite, I hope there is a team at 343i that goes in and cleans up the best ones. Like, vote on your faves each month and then they get fixed up/remade by the 343i crew. It'd get rid of some of the extraneous geometry resulting from Forge maps and get some great textures/lighting that just aren't available to us.
I sit alot wrote:
The whole forge community create alot of amazing maps, I wouldn't mind seeing more added into the BTB list there should be aleast 20 different maps to put out to play.
add more please 343.
We're working in it :)
I wouldn't hold my breath for anything from 343I. I can't start a game without waiting through two menus if I'm lucky without seeing "lost connection or can't join".
I wouldn't hold my breath for anything from 343I. I can't start a game without waiting through two menus if I'm lucky without seeing "lost connection or can't join".
See the post precisely above yours.
MysticKami wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
I sit alot wrote:
If fan-made Forge maps return for Infinite, I hope there is a team at 343i that goes in and cleans up the best ones. Like, vote on your faves each month and then they get fixed up/remade by the 343i crew. It'd get rid of some of the extraneous geometry resulting from Forge maps and get some great textures/lighting that just aren't available to us.
I'd rather fan made maps stick to either infection or action sack and custom games. There sometimes ok in BTB but after a while I just miss seeing AAA quality maps, seeing nothing but forge in Reach, 5 has kind of made it feel there a bit oversaturated with them.
Unyshek wrote:
add more please 343.
We're working in it :)
What about now? BTB in Halo 5 really needs more maps. I made suggestions here.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/btb-needs-new-maps-its-a-forge-playlist-add-more/f
BTB is a forge playlist yet they always have the same maps. Traffic jam is the worst map, bland blocky looking forge map that was obviously not made to look good. I would like to see Hemmorage from Halo Reach and other new maps in BTB but they are always the same ones, add more please 343.
Does anybody else find it disappointing that we were promised free DLC maps in return for there being microtransactions in Halo 5, yet a good 3/4ths of those DLC maps are poorly designed forge maps? I mean don't get me wrong, the forge community is amazing, but can we have actual maps put into the game such as truth and coli?
MagnusFarseeR
Please don't revive old topics, as that's against the Forum Rules.
Quote:
Do not spam. Spam includes but is not limited to commercial posts, single word responses, petitions, non-English posts, cross-posting, posts containing all-caps, necroposts and bumps (replies purposely made to move the thread to the top of the active thread list).