Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Lack of playlists

OP I DeeViant I

Okay so here’s the issue! Where are all the playlist. Where is ranked snipers, arguably the most powerful weapon in the game does not have a playlist in ranked, and barley shows up in social. Which gets to my next point, I can’t even play social slayer with my friends because you can only have a fire team of 2 even though it clearly says fire team limit 4. The servers are dying and I can’t play with friends who are not as skilled as me in ranked but there is no option to play in social, the game ha become rediculous!
Okay so here’s the issue! Where are all the playlist. Where is ranked snipers, arguably the most powerful weapon in the game does not have a playlist in ranked, and barley shows up in social. Which gets to my next point, I can’t even play social slayer with my friends because you can only have a fire team of 2 even though it clearly says fire team limit 4. The servers are dying and I can’t play with friends who are not as skilled as me in ranked but there is no option to play in social, the game ha become rediculous!
The only soical playlist with a Fireteam limit is quickplay and that is because it is supposed to be for new players to get used to the game without having to play against full teams who will typically stomp new players. As far as ranked snipers there just isn't enough population to cater to every one. I never felt as if snipers needed to be ranked. I wouldn't mind seeing a snipers playlist but these arena maps are not sniping friendly really. Snipers should be on BTB playlist.
LethalQ wrote:
The only soical playlist with a Fireteam limit is quickplay and that is because it is supposed to be for new players to get used to the game without having to play against full teams who will typically stomp new players. As far as ranked snipers there just isn't enough population to cater to every one. I never felt as if snipers needed to be ranked. I wouldn't mind seeing a snipers playlist but these arena maps are not sniping friendly really. Snipers should be on BTB playlist.
Every map is sniper friendly, what does that even mean ? If the maps weren’t good for snipers why is it a dominant power weapon on most maps then. Maybe you need some sniper practise bud. Hmmm. As for new players getting used to the game, well the game has been out for years now and if your new to the game go and play a custom and see what the game types and maps are like first if your not comfortable jumping straight into online multiplayer, I know that was the first thing I did when I got the game, but at this point in time there aren’t many new players so shouldn’t they cater to the existing population. It’s really annoying that at the moment the only social game mode that I can actually find a game consistently with friends is super fiesta which is basically just team rockets. The point I’m making is that not everyone is at the same skill rank and in saying that I’m not going to ditch my friend because they can’t play at a high level but also I’m not going to throw a gold level player into a game of onyx high slayer because they will get destroyed and end up hating the game. So there needs to be a good balance of social playlists for this reason. If they don’t want players to join a 4v4 game type as a team and want a playlist for the person playing by themselves then bring back rumble pit! Honestly do the people that make this game even play it or are they just bad at it.
It says 4v4 because it's a UI issue which is currently not possible to change. They tried Snipers as a ranked playlist and it did poorly with population so it was moved to a rotational social playlist. I agree that there should be a 4v4 social Slayer playlist though.
LethalQ wrote:
Every map is sniper friendly, what does that even mean ? If the maps weren’t good for snipers why is it a dominant power weapon on most maps then. Maybe you need some sniper practise bud. Hmmm. As for new players getting used to the game, well the game has been out for years now and if your new to the game go and play a custom and see what the game types and maps are like first if your not comfortable jumping straight into online multiplayer, I know that was the first thing I did when I got the game, but at this point in time there aren’t many new players so shouldn’t they cater to the existing population. It’s really annoying that at the moment the only social game mode that I can actually find a game consistently with friends is super fiesta which is basically just team rockets. The point I’m making is that not everyone is at the same skill rank and in saying that I’m not going to ditch my friend because they can’t play at a high level but also I’m not going to throw a gold level player into a game of onyx high slayer because they will get destroyed and end up hating the game. So there needs to be a good balance of social playlists for this reason. If they don’t want players to join a 4v4 game type as a team and want a playlist for the person playing by themselves then bring back rumble pit! Honestly do the people that make this game even play it or are they just bad at it.
Sniping should be for long range. The majority of arena maps are small and cater to CQC. The reason the sniper is the power weapon is most seem to think the only skill in Halo should be ability with precision weapons. Yeah H5 has aged but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a playlist for new players. You have to remember that soical isn't really for balanced play, that is what ranked is for. Social has a bigger window to makes games quickly. What H5 needs, and what every Halo should have from here on out, is what MCC has for soical games... A match composer! A match composer for soical would be awesome, then players could pick the game types they want.
Part of the reason of lack of playlists is low player population. The more playlists, the less players for each. I would like to see Snipers become a permanent gametype though.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Sniping should be for long range. The majority of arena maps are small and cater to CQC. The reason the sniper is the power weapon is most seem to think the only skill in Halo should be ability with precision weapons. Yeah H5 has aged but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a playlist for new players. You have to remember that soical isn't really for balanced play, that is what ranked is for. Social has a bigger window to makes games quickly. What H5 needs, and what every Halo should have from here on out, is what MCC has for soical games... A match composer! A match composer for soical would be awesome, then players could pick the game types they want.
I have a? about the playlist/playlist rotation cycle ... GrifBall was a permit playlist for over 2 years. then it was removed. due to lack of players, we have been told. but I feel this is not the whole story. Many grifball players did leave but that was after 343 implemented unofficial ranking on the social playlist. after this was implemented may in the grifball community no longer able to find a match. this was not a slow decline this happened after the change to matchmaking in the social playlist.
Grifball playlist did come back in September then was replaced with castle wars. then 8 weeks later we got grifball back again then replaced by castle wars after 2 weeks.
so gong by that rotation the grifball community was hoping it would be back every 8 weeks or so. we had hoped to see it again for Christmas but it did not show back up. we did get castle wars/ holiday fiesta ( both great playlists. for a month. then we got action sack. and where asked to vote on game types in action sack that they should keep or drop. (side note I like all the games in action sack. but skeeball is not a game if you did nothing and your whole team scored 0 points you got the same XP/RP as if you had played. ist very colorful something Timothy Leary would have loved. but not a game)

As a Grifballer, my favorite action sack game was of course 1 Riftball 2 Mongoose Sumo 3 GoundPound arena 4 Snowball Fight 5 Battle Golf.
Grifball, Castle Wars, and my list above of favorite action sack game types all fall into the same category. They are not shooty Halo game types.

I would love to have the grifball playlist back as a permanent playlist but with some changes. There are many different version of Grifball in Halo 5.
we had Grifball/ then Grifball Pro\ the AGLA has a different version that they play no slide Grifball\ there is multi-team Grifball\ halo 3 style Grifball.\ Riftball. point is I think if they added grifball back as a permanent playlist and rotated the game type every 2 weeks that would keep it fresh enough to have people come check it out to see what version of grifball is on offer. and make the diehard Grifballers happy. (just leave out that Halo 4 version)
another option for a playlist that grifball could be added to would be to have 2 rotational playlists a Shooty and a non-shooty playlist. The shooty playlist would have a rotation of 1/2 of action sack and other gun type playlist rotate every 2 weeks on this playlist. The non-shooty rotation has all game types like Grifball, castle wars, other 1/2 of action sack would be on this rotation.

I am sure we are not going to get Grifball back as a permanent playlist but please bring it back to the playlist rotation. we have seen roaming king of the hill and triple team twice since we last had the grifball playlist.

And I do also have a way to bring the player base in Halo 5 up dramatically. give Halo 5 as one of the free gold games of the month. My thinking on this is Halo Infinite is still over 1 year away if not 2.(my prediction is October 2020 release if we see gameplay at e3 and get an online beta January 2020) They need to keep people interested in Halo till then giving a perk to any level 152's in halo 5 In Infinite did bring some old players back to try to finish this but didn't do anything to bring in new blood.. I am unsure what the current monthly sales of Halo 5 are but a 3-year-old game not bringing in tons of revenue anymore. However, giving the game away for free to gold members would add lots of new players and keep halo 5 relevant till the release of infinite and I am sure it would also help drive sales of Infinite on its release. I know Halo 5 is on Game Pass and did see some new blood when that happened but we could have close to 2 years till the next new Halo title. if 343 did this we maybe could have more playlist added because of a larger player base.
any thoughts.
feel free to tell me this I a crazy Idea.
I just Love The Halo Games\books\ all of it
It’s not necessarily the lack of diversity in playlists it’s the options currently on hand. They fixed my issue with social slayer by bringing out core play and I say thank you for that. I think making halo 5 a free for gold game would be a great idea as well. Maybe bring some of the population back or even new players to the game. But there is another concern I have and that is the ranked playlists, not so much the playlists themselves but the ranking system is completely unbalanced. I’ll start with the 10 games to rank. Point number one, it takes almost 2 hours to play 10 games just to be placed which is time consuming and from how iv seen it these placement games do not even matter. For example I was ranked onyx in both swat and slayer the previous season. I played my 10 games in slayer only winning 4 of the 10, I was ranked diamond 3. I played my 10 games in swat and won 8 out of the 10 and guess what I was placed, again diamond 3. So to me winning or losing does not make any difference. My K/D was around the same for both playlist and I also played with the same people in both playlist. The only difference was the wins and yet I was ranked exactly the same in both. The placement games are pointless. Also they create unbalanced games. Iv seen unranked players thrown in with high diamond and onyx players and they have been destroyed only to check their service record to find there only a gold player. Completely unfair for them and the team they are put with. I have also seen players with about the same skill sets being ranked 8 ranks apart and vice versa. To my next point the MMR (match making rating) which is basically a hidden rank nobody can see has determined the level of skill a player has which means it automatically sets you in place for where it thinks you should be regardless of your CSR, meaning you could be diamond 5 but the MMR thinks you really should be platinum 6 so when you lose that bar under your CSR every game goes down dramatically but with a win it will only move up slightly or if at all. I have seen this all over the place. The worst was when my doubles partner and I were playing to get to onyx when the season reset now everything was going great until my partner who is probably better than me just stopped moving up from winning at diamond 4 where as I continued to move up to onyx. We would win 5 in a row and he would maybe get to the next rank but then we would go on to lose 1 game and he would be back to where he started. I continued to progress forward as for him he ended up back at diamond 1, And it was from this frustration that my friend decided to give up on halo altogether. So there is one player lost just from a stupid ranking system and I am positive there are plenty more players out there who did the exact same. I am almost at the point of giving up for the same reasons. In 3 days iv dropped 5 ranks because I can’t seem to move up for winning and I’m being punished significantly for losing. There just isn’t any up side. The other problem is that if one player quits on your team and you lose then the winning team will not go up and you will not go down which does not sound like a bad idea except when you think of it this way. Let’s say your winning in a game of team slayer and because your winning a guy quits on the other team but the guy that quits is leaving the game because he has only made 2 kills and died 11 times, now the other team makes a comeback because now they have been granted an advantage because the guy that was losing the game for them has left and now they make a comeback to win. Because that guy left the game they go up dramatically for winning and you go down dramatically for losing. It’s rediculous. This is especially true in swat. It’s actually an advantage in my opinion if one person leaves because now you have less people to kill and like I said the one that quits is always the one being dominated. It’s just rediculous the way it’s set up. There wasn’t any problem with the way the rank system worked before the MMR and true skill 2 was introduced. It was supposed to make games more balanced but it has done the complete opposite. Going back to the placement games another huge problem is when the ranks reset, it places people all over the place and mostly dropping higher ranked players down so they have to work back up again. This also creates unbalanced games because it takes at least a month for the skill range to start to even out back to where it should be and then another phew week later it resets again creating the same problem all over again. Now I see what their trying to do with the seasons resetting but the problem is players are never ranked back into a similar skill range. The easiest fix and I know this won’t happen to halo 5 but at least some food for thought for halo infinite, why not go back to old 1-50 or just a similar set up. You could still keep the whole bronze to champion ranks but everyone should
start at bronze one. This way the good players will progress quickly to higher ranks and everyone will start to drop off along the way depending to where the skill actually lies. If your a platinum player then once you hit platinum youll start to find it harder to beat your opponents so that’s where your skill lies. And if you wanted to have a season reset screw the placement games and just reset everyone to the bottom of their tier, so a diamond 5 player would drop back to diamond 1 and have to move up again. This way people are not being matched with others people who are 14 ranks apart and obviously have a vast skill gap. I really think thing needs to be simplified because the current state has way to much confusion and frustration. If anyone has any thought please feel free to let me know if you think I’m being rediculous or if you like my comments or if you have anything to add. This all about making halo better and bringing it back to what it was when it was the greatest and most played game.
They don't create too many playlists because the population is low and it would be splitted too much.
Adding more playlists won't fix the issue of dead playlists
Karim wrote:
They don't create too many playlists because the population is low and it would be splitted too much.
Please read my second post.
Adding more playlists won't fix the issue of dead playlists
Please read my second post.
What would help is having the playlists but have 2X req points and XP on a playlist then moving it to a different playlist every 2 or 3 days. Also playlists that are similar should be combined and have a voting system in play so the majority of the players get what they want out of the said playlist.