Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Lag Problem With Shields

OP TormentHCS

So I've played H5 for years. I recently got a new xbox and got back to Halo after a long break. I'm having these weird times when I'm one shot but my xbox freezes for a split second and my shields won't regenerate for a long long while. The shield bar that counts down the regineration does not move and jus sits there. Is this a lag problem or sum wrong with my xbox?
would say lag, try to see if there is something that' s not working properly with your connection
Kazhuira wrote:
would say lag, try to see if there is something that' s not working properly with your connection
I did and nothing's wrong. I do also have a problem where the game freezes for half a second. I believe when that happens it might reset my shield timer? I gotta find out what's makin the game freeze for no reason.
Does this happen when somebody quit the game?
Kazhuira wrote:
No, it's at random times. The game freezes for a split second. Obviously this is a big disadvantage during gun fights.
TormentHCS wrote:
Kazhuira wrote:
No, it's at random times. The game freezes for a split second. Obviously this is a big disadvantage during gun fights.
Are you using a series S or X?

I have noticed that I get a momentary pause in my game at random intervals. My wife plays in the lounge room on her Xbox one and doesn’t receive the same pauses I do so it could have something to do with what console you’re using.

Otherwise it’s just lag! I cop it all the time living in Australia, I’ve absolutely no idea how I manage to get onyx still in H5 with the kind of connection I get lol, but that’s not due to the game that’s just the lack of servers Microsoft provide for their businesses and customers.
UK1V wrote:
TormentHCS wrote:
Kazhuira wrote:
Are you using a series S or X?

I have noticed that I get a momentary pause in my game at random intervals. My wife plays in the lounge room on her Xbox one and doesn’t receive the same pauses I do so it could have something to do with what console you’re using.

Otherwise it’s just lag! I cop it all the time living in Australia, I’ve absolutely no idea how I manage to get onyx still in H5 with the kind of connection I get lol, but that’s not due to the game that’s just the lack of servers Microsoft provide for their businesses and customers.
S, I'm guessing it's the console. It's def not a lag problem because it doesn't happen on MCC.
TormentHCS wrote:
Kazhuira wrote:
I'm sorry i can't help you then😧
Kazhuira wrote:
TormentHCS wrote:
Kazhuira wrote:
I'm sorry i can't help you then😧
haha it's alright. Thx for replyin tho.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-clips?page=1&gamertag=DumboMagumbo#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gameclip_DumboMagumbo_1473eade-efaa-4c24-9892-d768f74dc74c

Check this lag clip out... Started like this a week ago.... Unplayable