OP q Unsung Hero p

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I've noticed server issues even in the States. Which is strange since the game played so smoothly at launch, but it seems like they're in dire need of better server maintenance. I've been checking things on my end for a few weeks and my numbers are almost always the same: 90 down/10 up, no packet loss and Open NAT. I don't have any problems with other games so it would seem the issues are definitely on their end.
Yeah, they totally need to adress this and give all players options when it comes to more regional matchmaking to improve gameplay for all.
Yeah I agree, it's -Yoink- to see the advantage that the US players have
Same problem from AU. :( Then we get teabagged on top of that lmao.
we need to start posting more videos so Americans can really see the issues we face every game.
They just keep undermining the issue with "we get lag too"...
Wait, if the servers are in the United States then why does my connection suck so much?
Wait, if the servers are in the United States then why does my connection suck so much?
There are servers outside of of the US too, like in EU and AU. But we most often get matched onto US servers. That means that you can be matched onto a EU server which is ging to suck equally much for you as it does for us to aUS server even though the likelyhood of that is much lower it seems. But still even within the US you can have latency issues with distant servers. I also feel that there are more general server performance issues, especially lately as a lot of players have made complaints. Then there is always the possibility that you do have some kind of problem with your connection and/or setup.
@343
I am now giving up Halo 5 and the Halo franchise for good (with regards to new games) as long as it remains with your company. Do you care? Probably not and certainly not the average US player or member of this forum either. Most likely you will be happy to see one of those who pointed out the flaws of this game leave. But I´m still telling you that you figuratively speaking sawed off the branch you are sitting on with regards to this franchise in the EU by forcing us all on US servers. The game is unplayable and since I started this thread it has actually gotten worse. I´ve stuck it out for a long time hoping for a patch but I have realized you are doing nothing for us that will really help us - shame on you.

I used to love Halo, played it since CE, but its come to an end now. The lack of selectable data centers with all this massive latency killed it for me, but also all the useless reqs bloating the entire req system and the limited motion tracker range combined with the spartan charge. It just not fun to play. I will probably get my Halo fix by booting up Reach on the 360. With all its flaws it still the superior game despite being close to 6 years old.

Hate you guys for being so disrespectful to your international community with regards to how you have handled the issues raised by us.
Got the same problems playing from Norway. Need a fix for this asap.
Norway here too

MS/343 need to fix this
Norway here too

MS/343 need to fix this
Sorry to tell you but they don´t care. So don´t hold your breath waiting for a fix.
Norway here too

MS/343 need to fix this
Sorry to tell you but they don´t care. So don´t hold your breath waiting for a fix.
I know lol. They are busy with REQ money.
I have these issues playing from Australia. Hence why I don't play arena anymore, you can't have such a competitive shooter, that puts regional players at such a disadvantage. The amount of times I swap weapons or pick up a weapon, only to 'lag' back to before I picked up/swapped is not funny. Whoever thinks this is not an issue has not experienced it. And for the record, it's not my connection. I play BF4 fine with no such issues.
It is not just EU or Australia. It's the same here in the U.S. Please don't have animosity towards Americans simply because your on U.S servers and you think we benefit because we don't.

Anytime you have lobbies with such widespread player locations, then the game is going to be off. Again today I had a player from France and several from Mexico in the lobby. I am from the Eastern U.S. The ping differential has to be huge even on a centralized server. It has to exceed Microsofts recommended <150 ms.

The hit detection, time to kill, server disconnects, rubber-banding - gameplay is getting worse.
i live in the US and its bad last warzone match was severly laggy the whole game i cant even play a game sometimes because of the servers. Bungie had the right idea with a stress test for the servers months before the game came out. we all need regional servers. sadly with halo 5 the way 343 is i dont think it will happen. hopefully halo 6. lets get 343 to acknowledge(and fulfill regional servers) whether its on here or on twitter
LETS ALL BOYCOTT HALO 5 UNTIL THERE ARE REGIONAL SERVERS for halo 5 and then for future halos. no other multiplayer game i play has these problems and it seems like to get 3434 to listen to major issues we have to get the whole world to speak up(not literally,seems like it)
S1apshot68 wrote:
It is not just EU or Australia. It's the same here in the U.S. Please don't have animosity towards Americans simply because your on U.S servers and you think we benefit because we don't.

Anytime you have lobbies with such widespread player locations, then the game is going to be off. Again today I had a player from France and several from Mexico in the lobby. I am from the Eastern U.S. The ping differential has to be huge even on a centralized server. It has to exceed Microsofts recommended <150 ms.

The hit detection, time to kill, server disconnects, rubber-banding - gameplay is getting worse.
I know US players are also suffering from gameplay performance in various ways including latency from east to westcoast etc. Intercontinental games are obviously even worse and should be avoided for a competetive fps game like Halo 5. I get that players enjoy playing with friends from all over the world. But 343 should really also include options for those who wish to play competetive games with good connections - we all benefit from having the power to chose what we prefer.

No general animosity towards americans at all. There is too much of that in this world as it stands anyway so lets just enjoy something that unites people from all over the world - the fun of gaming online. Unfortunately I do struggle with that at times when some people verbally abuse you for being crap when in fact there is little you can do when you get matched on servers with 200-300ms of latency. If there is anything that gets to me it is an ignorant attitude when the game is played with entirely different prerequisites - doesn´t matter where you live or who you are.

Best of luck to all of you who will continue to play Halo 5. I have done what I could to raise awareness of the issue discussed in this thread and elsewhere but I have no more patience or hope for Halo 5 and 343i.
coll9502 wrote:
LETS ALL BOYCOTT HALO 5 UNTIL THERE ARE REGIONAL SERVERS for halo 5 and then for future halos. no other multiplayer game i play has these problems and it seems like to get 3434 to listen to major issues we have to get the whole world to speak up(not literally,seems like it)
A lot of players tried to raise awareness of the issues but got bashed and downvoted (Reddit) by 343 fanboys. There is also a massive thread here on Halowaypoint.There is an official poll on the Xbox feedback site for selectable data centers. Please vote people!
  • From the "News" Section
  • HALO 5: GUARDIANS
    FEBRUARY SEASON MATCHMAKING UPDATES
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/february-matchmaking-updates
    Quote:
    We’ve also been working on additional improvements for players in regions around the globe, and will have more details and updates to share in the very near future. We’ll be monitoring telemetry and feedback closely, so be sure to leave us your feedback here on Waypoint’s forums and @Halo on Twitter.
    See you in matchmaking!
Finally ! Thank you for the information 343. It is greatly appreciated. I will remain optimistic that the February update will provide much improvement in the matchmaking lobbies.
Well, this 343 blog post was full of corporate BS: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/matchmaking-improvements

"For the vast majority of our players, the system is performing extremely well. Since a large indicator of match quality is a player's ping, it’s a metric that we often like to use as a broad, simple indicator. At a worldwide level, 95% of the Halo 5 matches played since launch have taken place on servers with 125ms ping or better."

First of all, 343´s definition of what is performing extremely well seems very forgiving to say the least. Playing a competetive fps game like Halo 5 with pings around 100-125ms is certainly not something to label as extremely good. That´s not even acceptable for competetive play, it might do for casual play. Compared to other fps games with local servers the ranges for Halo 5 are far worse.

Secondly, referring to your worldwide player pool and then stating that 95% of matches falls into your extremely well performance category is just plain stupid. Take out all of your north american players into one group and put your international players into another group. You will find that that international group of players do not have a 95% performance of extremely good. In fact, me and others like me have expressed that our experience is that its rather the opposite. Some 90 % of games are on an unacceptable performance level with regards to lag and latency - its our perception when we play. Your way of presenting statistics is not far off from lying. The least you could´ve done is present weighted data.

I also know from years of experience that a ping falling under 125ms from Sweden to somewhere in the US is unrealistic for the most part. Eastcoast might give me pings closing in on 125ms under favourable conditions. But I´d say that is rare - I have performed ping tests many times over the years ususally resulting in close to 150-200ms or more. US westcoast is even worse of course.

Thirdly, you can make all sorts of tweaks to your matchmaking system. But unless you unlock the option to chose an EU server players over here will not be content and return to play Halo 5.
I have to agree with this^^^^

Over 5 years ago PC gamers would boot you off of their servers if ping was over 100 ms and you could definitely tell in game play when they were on the server. Furthermore, what happens to gameplay for those who do have their version of a reasonable ping when I person from out of region gets put in the lobby.

I know they used the term ping with "broad" and "simple" but they don't seem to have set their bar too high. I could care less about Matchmaking based on CSR. That system is crap anyway. I would rather have a lobby based on great connections and improve on skill to compete with the higher level players. At least then Kills and deaths might make sense.
Ok, so I read about the update and pretty much dismissed it as I was reading it. But having seen guys post on Halowaypoint saying it is great, or at least good for the placement matches, I decided to give it a go after all. What a -Yoinking!- joke - same old -Yoink-. I could hardly get a kill och and all the regular -Yoink- was going on.

Well, that was the straw that broke the camels back, the nail in the coffin, whatever, this game and 343 (and all the other 343 Halo´s) are but a sad joke in the glorious history of Halo. Not gonna bother again, 343 proved me right again and as reassured as I feel now I know I´m not coming back to Halo 5 ever again unless there is proper server selection and no pseudo networking fixes by 343´s networking team.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5