[Locked] Latency is ruining the game!

OP q Unsung Hero p

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
What I wonder if it's not a 343i thing but an Xbox live hosting issue.
AKdave0 wrote:
Titanfall 1 was perfect, TF2 is perfect. Both use Azures servers sooooooooo, not an Xbox hosting issue.
eviltedi wrote:
Accio Beer wrote:
Are all Xbox games like this online for European players, or is Halo the exception?
Not at all, Titanfall allows us regional server selection, and it gives you the pings to each, Western and Northern Europe are great, the ping is between 29 ms and 49 ms. When you look at the US servers it's about 130 to 200 ms. Population can't be the reason we don't have it either. Titanfall has a very low population, yet it works very well.
Because the true game state is actually hosted on the servers. It's my opinion that only warzone is hosted on servers.
Its not a matter of opinion really, its a fact that all games on H5 are hosted on servers in both Arena and Warzone.
No, it's not a fact actually. The true game state could be hosted on an xbox and the "dedicated" servers could just be proxy or listening servers. Only 343/M$ know what's really going on. The evidence doesn't support games hosted on dedis.
Well, then you know something I don't when you claim there is evidence to support your theory. But then again, you say "only 343/MS know what's really going on" so what you say is circumstances indicate they aren´t truly dedicated servers. Anyways, all I know is that the connection quality varies a great deal ranging from decent to appalling in most cases and sometimes good. So that kind of general observation could support your theory as that would be typical P2P traits but it would still only be a theory. Besides, when players drop from games you never get black screen for a new host being chosen and I don´t know how you could have that unless the games actually always run on dedicated servers. Netduma users have posted networking stats/history (fact!) that support always dedicated servers.
I am a Netduma user. Like I said, there are servers. Is the true game state on those servers? I don't think so.
AKdave0 wrote:
Titanfall 1 was perfect, TF2 is perfect. Both use Azures servers sooooooooo, not an Xbox hosting issue.
Exactly! And the game play doesn't change game to game, nor does it lag just because the guy with the bad connection joined.
eviltedi wrote:
Accio Beer wrote:
Are all Xbox games like this online for European players, or is Halo the exception?
Not at all, Titanfall allows us regional server selection, and it gives you the pings to each, Western and Northern Europe are great, the ping is between 29 ms and 49 ms. When you look at the US servers it's about 130 to 200 ms. Population can't be the reason we don't have it either. Titanfall has a very low population, yet it works very well.
Because the true game state is actually hosted on the servers. It's my opinion that only warzone is hosted on servers.
Its not a matter of opinion really, its a fact that all games on H5 are hosted on servers in both Arena and Warzone.
No, it's not a fact actually. The true game state could be hosted on an xbox and the "dedicated" servers could just be proxy or listening servers. Only 343/M$ know what's really going on. The evidence doesn't support games hosted on dedis.
Well, then you know something I don't when you claim there is evidence to support your theory. But then again, you say "only 343/MS know what's really going on" so what you say is circumstances indicate they aren´t truly dedicated servers. Anyways, all I know is that the connection quality varies a great deal ranging from decent to appalling in most cases and sometimes good. So that kind of general observation could support your theory as that would be typical P2P traits but it would still only be a theory. Besides, when players drop from games you never get black screen for a new host being chosen and I don´t know how you could have that unless the games actually always run on dedicated servers. Netduma users have posted networking stats/history (fact!) that support always dedicated servers.
I am a Netduma user. Like I said, there are servers. Is the true game state on those servers? I don't think so.
Well, I am not sure I follow your thoughts entirely (my lack of understanding, not on you) but I have said numerous times in different threads that I believe there is something fishy about the netcode for H5 and maybe thats where we finally meet and agree :)
MrVilliams wrote:
Necro bump -
Don't revive old topics please
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5