Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Least Favorite Armor

OP OwlsBeGunnin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Seeker, the helmet looks like the predator.
Mark IV, its so overused. Its rare for me to join a game and not see someone use this armor. In terms of ugliness however, Seeker is might my least favorite.
all the variants
I'm gonna be that guy and say Achilles, if only for its association with farmers and griefers and being massively overhyped in general.
Legionary because it just looks stupid
In terms of ugliness, I'd say Tracer and Seeker are the worst.

In terms of armors that I personally despise, you'd be hard-pressed to find two that I hate more than FOTUS and Achilles.
In terms of armors that I personally despise, you'd be hard-pressed to find two that I hate more than FOTUS and Achilles.
I totally understand FOTUS, especially since I once got stuck in the ceiling while wearing the helmet. I can see why you'd hate Achilles since it left a very notorious image in its wake. But to be honest, it isn't the worst thing in the world.
I have a big problem with the helmets that aren't proportional to the bodies (Protector, Pilot, Stalker, Pathfinder, CIO, etc.)

If they were scaled up they'd look way better but it is almost like one of the graphic designers got the wrong measurements...
I have a big problem with the helmets that aren't proportional to the bodies (Protector, Pilot, Stalker, Pathfinder, CIO, etc.)

If they were scaled up they'd look way better but it is almost like one of the graphic designers got the wrong measurements...
I use pilot with whatever jun's armor is called. I think it looks fine.
Seeker by far. The helmet looks like a freakin' coffee dispenser!
Honestly, Legionnaire, seeker, mako and many more... H5 has the worst armors...
tracer: its massive and has a literal bullseye on it
Cyclops: how do you see? the visor is at mouth level
Viper: the biggest helmet of the entire series
Security gen 1: the security from reach is the worst version of security there is. it looks more like EVA than security. somehow the actual h5 security was more accurate to security than reach. instead of bringing back the reach style they should have brought back the h3 style security.
I have to say my least favorite Armor is the Achilles Set. It's pretty much the only armor I haven't unlocked yet (save for the Timmy/Olive helmets) and it's the only set I most likely won't unlock. And it's not the looks that kills the armor for me, it is the way of obtaining it. I shouldn't have to rely on 99 other players just to get a single set of armor for my own player. If you had to 100% all individual player commendations, then yea, maybe it wouldn't be soo bad. But no, you have to rely on 99 others to get it...so it's a total buzzkill for me.
Your game history shows you don't even play Halo anymore. There are plenty of companies that offer opportunities for the armor as long as you're decently active.
<p></p>
I am very interested to see peoples least favorite armorMy least fav would be 100% stalker it’s soo tiny (helmet)
The HCS armor and helmet
munk07 wrote:
I have to say my least favorite Armor is the Achilles Set. It's pretty much the only armor I haven't unlocked yet (save for the Timmy/Olive helmets) and it's the only set I most likely won't unlock. And it's not the looks that kills the armor for me, it is the way of obtaining it. I shouldn't have to rely on 99 other players just to get a single set of armor for my own player. If you had to 100% all individual player commendations, then yea, maybe it wouldn't be soo bad. But no, you have to rely on 99 others to get it...so it's a total buzzkill for me.
Your game history shows you don't even play Halo anymore. There are plenty of companies that offer opportunities for the armor as long as you're decently active.
<p></p>
I do play Halo...pretty regularly when I am not working. I just can't play multiplayer though due to the internet providers available in my area. All they have here is satellite internet which makes multiplayer gameplay pretty much a no-go. Also, I could care less about joining someone else's company. Most companies I see turn out to be a-holes. "You MUST play X amount of hours weekly/daily" or "You will do this once a week." or "You have to set up your profile a certain way." Nah, I'll pass. That's the whole point of me not liking the Achilles Set. It's not that I "can't" join another company. It's that I "don't" want to join another company, especially just for a single set of armor for my personal character that doesn't even look that cool to me anyway.
Seeker, Stalker and Venator helmets are revolting. Defender armour looks absurd.

If you ask me, I think H5 has too many Armour and Helmet types; a lot of them are too bizarre to have any practical military value or utility. The customization aesthetics was more believable in Halo Reach and Halo 4. Too many armour and helmet types also means I stand a lower chance of getting the Reqs permanent unlocks and certifications I really want like Loadouts, Power Weapons and Vehicles. If the Halo universe was real, it would be nearly ridiculously difficult to find spare parts for so many Spartan designs. It's the antithesis of parts commonality and standardization that even a semi-realistic military force would prize.
Honestly all of them. There is just so many that I can't put the names to the armor anymore and remember which ones I like and dislike without looking at them. As a result, I'm going to dislike all of them. I know customization is a thing people want and I might get chastised for saying this is too much, but I think it's simply too complicated. I know why they did it, so they can sell REQ packs while pleasing people who want serious customization, but for someone who just wants to shoot players on multiplayer, it's too convoluted.
KayMrt wrote:
Honestly all of them. There is just so many that I can't put the names to the armor anymore and remember which ones I like and dislike without looking at them. As a result, I'm going to dislike all of them. I know customization is a thing people want and I might get chastised for saying this is too much, but I think it's simply too complicated. I know why they did it, so they can sell REQ packs while pleasing people who want serious customization, but for someone who just wants to shoot players on multiplayer, it's too convoluted.
The sad thing is, they wanted to go for more "customization" yet they actually limited it. Yea, we got a UNSC Mammoth load of different armors and variants but when it comes down to actual customization, Reach still has it beat. I mean, what can you actually change in Guardians? Your helmet, Torso, Visor, Emblem, and weapons skins. In Reach, you could change: Helmet, Torso, Legs, Both Shoulders individually, Visor, as well as different cosmetics for your characters forearm/thigh and armor effect. In Reach, though you had less Armor Pieces to choose from, you could have way more flexibility with the customization for your Spartan and you rarely ran into another player that looked like you. In Guardians, you get more variety to pick from but lest flexibility and soon, more and more players start looking alike.
munk07 wrote:
<p></p>
I do play Halo...pretty regularly when I am not working. I just can't play multiplayer though due to the internet providers available in my area. All they have here is satellite internet which makes multiplayer gameplay pretty much a no-go. Also, I could care less about joining someone else's company. Most companies I see turn out to be a-holes. "You MUST play X amount of hours weekly/daily" or "You will do this once a week." or "You have to set up your profile a certain way." Nah, I'll pass. That's the whole point of me not liking the Achilles Set. It's not that I "can't" join another company. It's that I "don't" want to join another company, especially just for a single set of armor for my personal character that doesn't even look that cool to me anyway.
I would think that you would hate all the armor, due to needing an internet connection to get any of them.
munk07 wrote:
munk07 wrote:
<p></p>
I would think that you would hate all the armor, due to needing an internet connection to get any of them.
I actually already had all the REQs, save for the Achilles and the Timmy/Olive Helmets, unlocked since well before I moved to where I live now in all honesty.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3