Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Legendary Campaign Reward

OP GamerPro0510

Maybe it's about time 343 should reward those who sweat through the campaign on legendary. At this point maybe an exclusive BR skin should be appreciated
At this point in the game's life cycle, stuff like this just isn't going to happen i'm afraid
Yeah, that would definitely make it worth it. I think they should atleast give you some req points or xp
Maybe it's about time 343 should reward those who sweat through the campaign on legendary. At this point maybe an exclusive BR skin should be appreciated
How about an achievement?
Oh wait...

In all seriousness, the game isn't set up like that.
Reach (and Halo 4?) had XP that was universal to campaign and MP. Halo 5 is centered on MP.
yeah, i mean...i have a job and kids...I need motivation to go through that kinda pain/time.
You get an achievement and gamer score. I get that getting some sort of digital tricket is nice but it shouldn't be necessary if you truly want to accomplish finishing the game on legendary. Do no one have the ambition to do something just to do it, get that sense of accomplishment? Does all task have to have some sort of reward? But guess I am old school that way, when we went through the trouble of beating a game all we got to see are the credits and we didn't have internet to show us any cheats, short cuts, walk throughs or any of that.

BTW there is an alternate ending when beating the game on legendary.
LethalQ wrote:
You get an achievement and gamer score. I get that getting some sort of digital tricket is nice but it shouldn't be necessary if you truly want to accomplish finishing the game on legendary. Do no one have the ambition to do something just to do it, get that sense of accomplishment? Does all task have to have some sort of reward? But guess I am old school that way, when we went through the trouble of beating a game all we got to see are the credits and we didn't have internet to show us any cheats, short cuts, walk throughs or any of that.

BTW there is an alternate ending when beating the game on legendary.
I know what you mean by beating something just for the sense of self accomplishment. I mean, I grew up with sega genesis and NES games where if you died you were SOL, and if, by a miracle of god, you beat the game, you'd get a little -Yoink- pixelated screenshot and a few paragraphs of nonsense scrolling down your TV/computer...

But I have high functioning autism, so I LIVE for little symbols/trinket/marks/mementos/etc that remind me of my efforts. I even tattoo myself whenever I do something significant happens in my life ( not one of those Dbag "luv yu babeygurl " trailr park tats when you marry your 2nd degree cousin types), more like "I forgot my favorite pen in the airplane therefore i need an abstract tattoo that represents the loss of a mechanism that allowed me to communicate effortless without speaking, while symbolizing how my own negligence can rob me of the precious things I take for granted." autism.

sorry for the tangent. But yeah, no big deal, but getting a cool helm or weapon skin would be "kewl" ( do kids still say that?)
just my opinion, of course...
YOU GET NOTHING. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR!

In all seriousness, an armor would be nice. Halo 3 and 4 did that and it was a ice touch.

In all seriousness, an armor would be nice. Halo 3 and 4 did that and it was a ice touch.
That visor was a bit chilly now that you mention it 😜
tuhin94 wrote:

That visor was a bit chilly now that you mention it 😜
I CE I made a typo, but I'll just leave it as is for the fun of it.
Definitely would be a cool addition
Yes I would definetley like to see this being implemented. As of right now, since the storyline of the campaign was, well a disappointment to the halo community not very many people play the campaign or find it worth playing. Adding a reward for completing the campaign on legendary might slightly revive it. (Expanding on the idea) Maybe you could even add rewards for completing the campaign on easy, normal, herioc and legendary. (If you play on legendary you would unlock all) just so it isin't a grind. And possibly rewards for skulls? But yes I do agree.
Or something for those who gogot all the achievements.

Hell if in infinite and gave a really exclusive armor for everyone that got all the achievements in both mcc and 5, id be both surprised yet rock that so damn hard!
It would be great to be rewarded with something to have when u go through the campaign on legendary, and would be fun with friends too. Trying to get to the next checkpoint and trying not to day.
With all due respect, I am a mediocre player and I managed to complete H5 campaign on Legendary a few times, so I don't think that is a real achievement. but I love achievements so I'd be happy to get something for doing something not too challenging.
Maybe HI will be a really difficult campaign to make your suggestion count for something. like the Helioskrill armour for completing the MCC on legendary
I feel like you should earn credits (rec points) like in halo Reach. Red points gave a good feel to the missions and how you played them. You could play for the fun of the mission and do it easy and get less rec points or you can go legendary and get a lot of rec points.
Yes I would definetley like to see this being implemented. As of right now, since the storyline of the campaign was, well a disappointment to the halo community not very many people play the campaign or find it worth playing. Adding a reward for completing the campaign on legendary might slightly revive it. (Expanding on the idea) Maybe you could even add rewards for completing the campaign on easy, normal, herioc and legendary. (If you play on legendary you would unlock all) just so it isin't a grind. And possibly rewards for skulls? But yes I do agree.
Agreed on the revival part. Halo in general is pretty boring as of now so adding few rewards might bring back the hype for a few months while we wait for Infinite
I mean, it's not like you don't get an achievement and a special visor for beating it on legendary. (I.E. the Legendary Visor.)
With all due respect, I am a mediocre player and I managed to complete H5 campaign on Legendary a few times, so I don't think that is a real achievement. but I love achievements so I'd be happy to get something for doing something not too challenging.
Maybe HI will be a really difficult campaign to make your suggestion count for something. like the Helioskrill armour for completing the MCC on legendary
The Helioskrill isn't even that special any more. You don't even have to beat MCC on Legendary to get it. All you have to do is open enough Gold REQ Packs and you can get all the versions of Helioskrill in the game.

(Note to mods/admins: Sorry about the double comment/post. Honestly wasn't trying to but the site doesn't exactly let you go back and add a "quote" if you edit a past post easily.)
I noticed that about edits and quoting too.

Also, which visor are you talking about?