Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Legendary Difficulty just ridiculous

OP MikeTheDane3277

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
After a prolonged break from Xbox I managed to get me the 1TB Xbone Halo 5 LE and what fun I had playing Halo Again BUT.....

So I´ve begun Halo 5 campaign on the Legendary Diffuclty and sad to say that 343 has NOT learned anything since the previous game.
I will NEVER understand why everytime you raise the difficulty its only the player who can get oneshotted while the "enemies" can take hit after hit after hit after hit..

And in Halo 5 even a "simple" footsoldier can pretty much one shot you. An Elites shield takes prob. 4-6 hits on Normal diff. to deplete, however on Legendary it takes almost an entire freakin magazine while the players shields only takes 1 or 2 if you´re Lucky and then BAM dead you are. and forget melee, a hunter or Warden eternal, they just straight up kill you with one hit regardless of shield being at full or not. and its funny that in cutscenes you see that clearly that elites, for example can be oneshot´d while I´ve noticed one time that it took 4 headshots with a Sniper rifle to get a simple promethean soldier to drop "his" head armor and then kill it with a 5th shot. I can´t even use GroundPound on Legendary cuz I just get shot Down during the "charge up" of that ability

Not to mention the "boss fight" with WardenEternal at mission 5 I think is damn near Impossible.. after 37 tries I finally got him based on LUCK, he got caught between soldier and a wall.

I don´t understand why high difficulties HAS to go against the player in such a way, now don´t get me wrong,

I certainly understand that the game has to be challenging but you ( 343i) should be able to do that without the gamers having to rely on luck or other people in order to finish the game.

So why is that.... why do 343i keep this "unfairness" in Halo´s Legendary difficulty.

They still won´t put "new" gameplay features in the franchise like coverbased gameplay even though I´ve seen my "teammates" several times, shooting from behind cover but the player for some reason can´t..

I´d also like point point out I like the Halo franchise but as far as the games go, it really needs something new on the board like being able to use cover or maybe able to switch between 1st and 3rd person view (would love that)
I get that Chief and co. are armored like a damn tank but I´m pretty sure even in the future soldiers, common and elites train using cover instead of this ridiculous "Run n´Gun" mentality gameplay.. If Legendary difficulty is to be this One Hit Kill, then you seriously need to use cover as a Means to survive..
It Works in Deus Ex, Uncharted, TombRaider, MGS, and Gears of War, and they don´t even have One Hit Kills

I know this thread most likely won´t be read by any 343i Dev. but I do hope that some change is coming to Halo 6 and beyond
Why not try halo 2 solo legendary

Honestly though for the elite shilds. Dont bother with bullets, use plasma weaponry.

For eternal warden, you can actually just boost around him. Youll need to get good at that and...
Spoiler:
Show
Legendary has always been out of wack when it comes to damage enemies do vs what they can take, so this is nothing new.

And honestly I am actually really glad thay this game is actually difficult on legendary!

Honestly though for the elite shilds. Dont bother with bullets, use plasma weaponry.

For eternal warden, you can actually just boost around him. Youll need to get good at that and...
Spoiler:
Show

Legendary has always been out of wack when it comes to damage enemies do vs what they can take, so this is nothing new.

And honestly I am actually really glad thay this game is actually difficult on legendary!
I get what you´re saying and I like the challenge as well BUT it just PO´s me when I know the game would be so much more epic if 343i just would focus more on gameplay and evenout the damage balance some more :)
And that boost trick is effing hard on Legendary when you have those ads shooting at you as well :)
um.....do you understand the basic concepts of increasing difficulty OP its like that with every game in terms of increasing difficulty
I mean, Halo has always been incredibly hard on legendary. That one-shot to player and entire clip thing to kill an elite has been in legendary mode since Halo 1 and isn't going away anytime soon. They call it legendary for a reason, because you have to be legendary to beat it.
are you really complaining about legendary difficulty?... -____- you my friend are why there are participation trophies.
If an elite kill takes you that long then you don't understand the games mechanics. Use plasma pistol and headshot. GG. If you can't find a plasma pistol unload a full needler clip. GG. If no needler, resort to explosives.
After a prolonged break from Xbox I managed to get me the 1TB Xbone Halo 5 LE and what fun I had playing Halo Again BUT.....
So I´ve begun Halo 5 campaign on the Legendary Diffuclty and sad to say that 343 has NOT learned anything since the previous game.
I will NEVER understand why everytime you raise the difficulty its only the player who can get oneshotted while the "enemies" can take hit after hit after hit after hit..
And in Halo 5 even a "simple" footsoldier can pretty much one shot you. An Elites shield takes prob. 4-6 hits on Normal diff. to deplete, however on Legendary it takes almost an entire freakin magazine while the players shields only takes 1 or 2 if you´re Lucky and then BAM dead you are. and forget melee, a hunter or Warden eternal, they just straight up kill you with one hit regardless of shield being at full or not. and its funny that in cutscenes you see that clearly that elites, for example can be oneshot´d while I´ve noticed one time that it took 4 headshots with a Sniper rifle to get a simple promethean soldier to drop "his" head armor and then kill it with a 5th shot. I can´t even use GroundPound on Legendary cuz I just get shot Down during the "charge up" of that ability
Not to mention the "boss fight" with WardenEternal at mission 5 I think is damn near Impossible.. after 37 tries I finally got him based on LUCK, he got caught between soldier and a wall.
I don´t understand why high difficulties HAS to go against the player in such a way, now don´t get me wrong,
I certainly understand that the game has to be challenging but you ( 343i) should be able to do that without the gamers having to rely on luck or other people in order to finish the game.
So why is that.... why do 343i keep this "unfairness" in Halo´s Legendary difficulty.
They still won´t put "new" gameplay features in the franchise like coverbased gameplay even though I´ve seen my "teammates" several times, shooting from behind cover but the player for some reason can´t..
I´d also like point point out I like the Halo franchise but as far as the games go, it really needs something new on the board like being able to use cover or maybe able to switch between 1st and 3rd person view (would love that)
I get that Chief and co. are armored like a damn tank but I´m pretty sure even in the future soldiers, common and elites train using cover instead of this ridiculous "Run n´Gun" mentality gameplay.. If Legendary difficulty is to be this One Hit Kill, then you seriously need to use cover as a Means to survive..
It Works in Deus Ex, Uncharted, TombRaider, MGS, and Gears of War, and they don´t even have One Hit Kills
I know this thread most likely won´t be read by any 343i Dev. but I do hope that some change is coming to Halo 6 and beyond
lol, you don't understand Legendary difficulty then. Legendary is for you to go down to barebones and noob-ish tactics. You complain about the Elite, well have you tried to plasma pistol overcharge into BR combo (Noob Combo?)? How about using a BR on the Promethean Soldiers? Ranged weapons like the LR, BR, DMR, and Carbine all tear through Soldiers. As for Knights AND Warden Eternals: A simple Splinter Turret (or any explosive) does the job amazingly. Remember you can't play Legendary like Normal or even Heroic, you have to play smart; 343i gives you the tools prior to each battle, you choose whether or not to use them. Also, remember to use Thrusters a lot to get into the nearest cover...I have saved myself more than once by doing that.
Legendary mode is pretty difficult but as Sarge once said, "They're tough, but their not invincible."
Working my way through it myself (Not that far yet since I haven't put in the time, but I'm lovin' it so far!) I have found that using precision weapons and sticking to cover is the way to go. Good luck on your Legendary Run!
Meh. After not playing Halo for over two years I've picked up an Xbox One and the Master Chief Collection. I must've played way too much when I was a teenager because I'm getting my -Yoink- handed to me on occasion on NORMAL! I'm up "Uprising" in Halo 2 and I'm not finding it to be the cakewalk I used to.

But that's why there are different difficulties, so you can tailor it to your ability. There are people who can complete Dark Souls with a Guitar Hero controller, there are others who can't beat the first boss. It's good that not everyone can beat the hardest difficulties, certainly not easily.
I found Legendary to be a long process, not from constantly dying but from hiding and yelling at my teammates. They would often just stand by me and stare out at the stars while something smacks me across the face and proceeds to smack them down to my level. The only real issue I had was mission 14 and that accursed boss battle. With the help of being in a horrible location when a checkpoint popped I went from around 60 deaths to 150 deaths total. Its no fun to restart with turrets materializing behind you and the Warden Eternal being five feet away from your squad who are grouped up in a one swipe three kill zone. Linda was the only smart one, moving out of the way a few times while Fred and Kelly accept their fate.
I have been playing co op legendary with a friend and we are on mission 8 it took us now 3 days to get there and to past time waiting for my friend to get on I started it solo and it took me 6 hours at least to catch up to my co op legendary campaign the only difference between the two the AI people think they are crap and they are at reviving but if you tell them to attack elites and promeathean soldiers then they do enough damage to bring them down to one shot to the head and done but I will agree the warden eternal was the enemy that gave me the most trouble other then that its not so bad

my advice utilize the squad mechanic and use them as shields for bigger targets so they draw agro from you and to tell them to take out soldiers and elites so you can one shot them moving them up against the warden can draw him out so you can shoot him is the back but more then likely you'll loose squad members doing this.

Spoiler:
Show

Exactly I think this is the easiest Halo to solo legendary by far. Theres only the odd boss fight which is hard in this everything else is a cake walk it you just take it slow.
I thought it was the right difficulty, even with scaled difficulty during co-op elites didnt take too long to kill with just me shooting at them.
Every Halo's Legendary difficulty is a slow crawl of failure.
Br4k3d0wN wrote:
LASO is like trying to navigate through a meat grinder and come out in one solid piece at the other end.
debateably, halo 4 was the easiest. 3 was the most memorable (for me), 2 was the hardest.

5 is hard as it forces you to change your playstyle up. you have to be slow. all the guns you'll ever need are hidden in/around encounters. be slow and take enemies one by one.
Br4k3d0wN wrote:
LASO is like trying to navigate through a meat grinder and come out in one solid piece at the other end.
I'm glad there wasn't a LASO achievement as I know I probably wouldn't be able to do it.
TEEJAY V21 wrote:
are you really complaining about legendary difficulty?... -____- you my friend are why there are participation trophies.
nailed it.

Legendary should be tough as -Yoink- and you should die a bunch.
Halo 5 Guardians is a lot more harder compared to Halo 2, it actually forces you to change your play-style & the enemies are a bit more aggressive on legendary, weapons are scattered throughout the maps & you have to move slow & careful or you will just die immediately
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3