Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Legendary Firefight too difficult?

OP ExtantDragon032

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Now, I know there is a similar thread to this but I’m just bringing this up in its own post. Personally there are some boss fights that should be tweaked. Like I understand it’s meant to be difficult but 2 super tanky knights and 3 bullet eating warden eternals is just too difficult for legendary maybe heroic that would make sense but that’s just ridiculous.
It's all about having the right REQs at the right time. Scorpions, Phaetons, or any heavy vehicles work well for that particular round.
Step 1: spawn in a tank
step 2: shoot the enemy
step 3: if you have issues repeat steps 1-2
step 4: if you fail, your team did not spawn enough tanks
step 5: Victory
Nalla78 wrote:
if you fail, your team did not spawn enough tanks
It's sad how true this is
Nalla78 wrote:
So true
Nalla78 wrote:
"What I cannot crush with words shall be crushed by my tanks",right?
Agree with Nalla78. None of the Firefights are very difficult if you have a team willing to spawn in vehicles, especially tanks.
My solution is not playing it. The harder difficulties are gonna require more teammate and I'm not gonna put my trust in the game hoping to give me good random teammates.
Tanks, Wraiths, any heavy vehicle. If there's not at least a combination of 3 or 4 of those vehicles on the field at any one time, your team was never really trying to win in the first place.
Weapons are virtually useless in FF, unless you have a lot of experience with this mode then you should stick to spawning vehicle after vehicle.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
My solution is not playing it. The harder difficulties are gonna require more teammate and I'm not gonna put my trust in the game hoping to give me good random teammates.
Same here. It was nice of them to listen to the community and give us a Heroic option.
Weapons are virtually useless in FF, unless you have a lot of experience with this mode then you should stick to spawning vehicle after vehicle.
Even if you have tons of experience with this mode, weapons are still going to be virtually useless until 343 decides to address this problem and do some balancing.
Have u ever tried mythic? It's even crazier. It's kinda frustrating because the higher 2 difficulties are so difficult that you pretty much have to use headshot capable weapons to get kills.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
My solution is not playing it. The harder difficulties are gonna require more teammate and I'm not gonna put my trust in the game hoping to give me good random teammates
Even if you have tons of experience with this mode, weapons are still going to be virtually useless until 343 decides to address this problem and do some balancing.
Yeah I really wish weapons had more of a use in FF, I do try to use them as often as I can but they never seem to have as much of an impact as vehicles do (I'm also running quite low on Ghosts and Banshees since I use so many in FF). The only potential solutions I can think of are letting us refill REQ weapons at stations, which might make them too powerful, or adding more indoor combat rounds, which would still annoy a good number of players.
Yeah I really wish weapons had more of a use in FF, I do try to use them as often as I can but they never seem to have as much of an impact as vehicles do (I'm also running quite low on Ghosts and Banshees since I use so many in FF). The only potential solutions I can think of are letting us refill REQ weapons at stations, which might make them too powerful, or adding more indoor combat rounds, which would still annoy a good number of players.
Adding more indoor rounds would be a disaster. Nobody likes not being able to efficiently use heavy vehicles such as tanks. The best rounds are ones like Attack on Sanctum's round 5 "defend the thing": big open spaces where vehicles can be fully utilized.

But I don't see anything wrong with power weapons being able to get refilled at req stations in firefight. Even if they were, they wouldn't be anywhere near too powerful because they still wouldn't offer any protection like vehicles do. And sticking close to req stations in order to have unlimited ammo, in addition to possibly being risky and dangerous, isn't something vehicles have to do anyway.

By the way, I encourage you to bring this issue to 343's attention in the sandbox update wishlist thread. It would be helpful to add your voice in letting them know that many firefight players would like their req weapons to be at all useful.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Amen. Unless I'm with my company I don't touch Legendary solo.
You just gotta have a team that is able to carry their own weight.
Have u ever tried mythic? It's even crazier. It's kinda frustrating because the higher 2 difficulties are so difficult that you pretty much have to use headshot capable weapons to get kills.
Not to mention that the damned Difficulty Skulls (especially Black Eye) will give you a FOTUS-sized headache!
I was suggesting that because they disable tanks and do hella ton of damage as well as eat the rounds so it’s just stupid
I find legendary to be just the right difficulty heroic gets really boring because it is just too easy the win is almost guaranteed. In legendary it's a good challenge because the win is not for sure. The enemies are capable but not insane like in mythic. I play solo and do pretty well but I also realize that I won't win every match since I play solo.

You just need to play smart and not rush out to a group of enemies. Most people say use a tank which is good advice. I prefer using the temple wraith and wasp most of the time and do pretty well. I normally won't use a vehicle until at least round 3 since I like to shoot my BR and Magnum some first
Vehicles are virtually essential to winning. I'd say you'd have to have at least two armored Scorpions or Wraiths hammering whatever boss there is. Having the Wheelman mod can squeeze even more use out of them as well as recover quicker from the Warden's EMP beam.

To me, using REQ weapons is just not enough on Legendary, even if everyone uses them. Heroic is another story, but it feels like bosses and even some ads will simply eat all your rockets and grenades.

Overall it's not difficult, but it's a steeper challenge than Heroic and it does require a bigger degree of coordination and teamwork to triumph.

Brav
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2