Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Legendary xp boost packs

OP theMINICHIEF

So around December I got back into Halo 5 to try and get 152. I havent seen those packs since. Ive farmed lots of req points to buy them but for the past month or two they havent appeared. Usually I would see them around the end of the month. And also I remember being able to see the Legendary xp boost packs on the Microsoft store by searching them up but now I have to find a direct link in order to buy them. Anyway is it just me or have the xp boost packs been "removed" or made "rarer" since people started grinding. Ive seen other people say something about this too.
Quite the opposite, from my observation. They are now more common than ever. Everyone simply wants to hit 152 ASAP without understanding how much time it actually takes. So, from their perspective, it's normal to see XP boosts given out or made available for purchase. In reality, these boosts are hard to come by. The past year has seen more double XP weeks and Legendary XP boost handouts than there have ever been.
So around December I got back into Halo 5 to try and get 152. I havent seen those packs since. Ive farmed lots of req points to buy them but for the past month or two they havent appeared. Usually I would see them around the end of the month. And also I remember being able to see the Legendary xp boost packs on the Microsoft store by searching them up but now I have to find a direct link in order to buy them. Anyway is it just me or have the xp boost packs been "removed" or made "rarer" since people started grinding. Ive seen other people say something about this too.
They're still on the website as you mentioned with a direct link.

I can't say if they are more or less common on the in-game store, but Id' love to have them back.
These packs shouldn't be viewed as a necessity in the journey towards SR152 in Halo 5. The packs should instead be viewed as a nice bonus.

My current strategy for grinding towards SR152 is to focus on using the far more common WZ XP Jackpots and Rare WZ XP Boosts which can be obtained fairly easily from Silver Packs. The req points that aren't used for obtaining any of these boosts is instead saved for future use.
These packs shouldn't be viewed as a necessity in the journey towards SR152 in Halo 5. The packs should instead be viewed as a nice bonus.

My current strategy for grinding towards SR152 is to focus on using the far more common WZ XP Jackpots and Rare WZ XP Boosts which can be obtained fairly easily from Silver Packs. The req points that aren't used for obtaining any of these boosts is instead saved for future use.
I have discovered the brilliance of Silver Packs. They contain some of the most useful vehicles (you don’t need much more than level 6 vehicles) and you get some great XP boosts, as you mentioned. Plus, the packs don’t cost many RP.
tuhin94 wrote:

I have discovered the brilliance of Silver Packs. They contain some of the most useful vehicles (you don’t need much more than level 6 vehicles) and you get some great XP boosts, as you mentioned. Plus, the packs don’t cost many RP.
I discovered the power of the Silver Packs from collecting data about the different xp boosts. Something that is interesting to note is that the WZ XP Jackpot has a slightly greater XP payout compared to the Rare XP Boost. In addition to that, the XP Jackpots is relatively common boost from Silver Packs which has the effect that you can use a XP jackpot or a Rare XP Boost in each WZ game and still expect to get a healthy amount of leftover req points which is a contrast to Gold Packs where it can be debatted if you will get a healthy amount of leftover XP if you only use XP Jackpots or Rare XP Boosts.
tuhin94 wrote:

I discovered the power of the Silver Packs from collecting data about the different xp boosts. Something that is interesting to note is that the WZ XP Jackpot has a slightly greater XP payout compared to the Rare XP Boost. In addition to that, the XP Jackpots is relatively common boost from Silver Packs which has the effect that you can use a XP jackpot or a Rare XP Boost in each WZ game and still expect to get a healthy amount of leftover req points which is a contrast to Gold Packs where it can be debatted if you will get a healthy amount of leftover XP if you only use XP Jackpots or Rare XP Boosts.
I agree completely, silver packs have really changed the game for me.
Gold packs just weren’t worth it after a while.
I’d rather have a bunch of mediocre wraiths than a small handful of super powerful reqs.

I’ve been popping silvers exclusively for months now and have never looked back.
TheDonCJG wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

I agree completely, silver packs have really changed the game for me.
Gold packs just weren’t worth it after a while.
I’d rather have a bunch of mediocre wraiths than a small handful of super powerful reqs.

I’ve been popping silvers exclusively for months now and have never looked back.
At this time, I do actually open few Gold packs. The proportion that I follow is 18:1 which means that I will open 1 Gold Pack for every 18 Silver Packs.