Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Let me tell you of a travesty

OP MikoTheMushroom

The travesty is that Halo 5, as far as I know, hasn't won a single game award. Yet, Halo 5 has got to have the best multiplayer since Halo 5 - the whole year, even. It's a damn shame that it's not getting the recognition it deserves. Instead, the joke that is Call of Duty and Destiny win awards. I'm not going to dump all over Splatoon though, even if Halo 5 is objectively a better game. It's still a damn shame.
It is a disappointment, but there are tons of inner disappointments within the game itself. Furthermore, there have been enormous outcries from the halo 5 community about content that should be already in the game. Nobody wants to award a game that its own community is disliking. COD may be bad, but its community consistently likes it.
Who cares?
If you enjoy the game why does it HAVE to win awards? That shouldn't affect your enjoyment.
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
Who cares?
If you enjoy the game why does it HAVE to win awards? That shouldn't affect your enjoyment.
I just feel like good games deserve some sort of recognition. I think Halo deserves something. But you're right - if I enjoy it, what's the matter?
I have more fun with Black Ops 3 than I have with Halo 5, and I'm not even a CoD fan. I used to be a Halo fan, but 343 has pretty much killed my enjoyment in their franchise.
Willko wrote:
I have more fun with Black Ops 3 than I have with Halo 5, and I'm not even a CoD fan. I used to be a Halo fan, but 343 has pretty much killed my enjoyment in their franchise.
Don't take this the wrong way but if that's the truth why bother on the Halo forums?
Willko wrote:
I have more fun with Black Ops 3 than I have with Halo 5, and I'm not even a CoD fan. I used to be a Halo fan, but 343 has pretty much killed my enjoyment in their franchise.
Don't take this the wrong way but if that's the truth why bother on the Halo forums?
Because he probably wants something to happen to change the game. deep down you never really loss your feelings for something, and these forums are the last thread of hope for most people to hold onto.
Quote:
even if Halo 5 is objectively a better game.
Someone needs to learn what objective means.

I can see why Black Ops 3 would win awards. It's a complete game that satisfies its own community, both things that Halo 5 is not.
Don't get why Destiny is winning awards from what I've heard about it.

Not gonna let awards influence my opinion anyways. My personal GoTY didn't win any awards despite getting a lot of praise, but it's still my personal GoTY nonetheless. I'll just have to live with that, tragic as it may be.
Severe graphical issues, broken aiming & miss9ng content introduced as "Free DLC" will do that.
What did Halo 5 do that makes it GotY worthy? Just curious.

Giantbomb said it best, "[Halo 5] is solid, but unremarkable."

Maybe people like it, but theres really nothing special about this game. Splatoon is award material and so is Black Ops 3, honestly. Destiny probably doesn't belong in the conversation for the fact that TTK was an expansion though.
even if Halo 5 is objectively a better game. It's still a damn shame.
You are confusing Objectivity with Subjectivity. Subjectively, Halo is a better game. Its an opinion.

To be Objective, you would need to point out measurable facts that are quantifiable. Like stating that Halo takes xyz amount of time to complete v.s. destiny takes abc amount of time to complete. That is arguably an objective comparison (with a margin of error). The qualification however, that more/less time = greater/worse value, is right back to a subjective interpretation of a objective statement.

Awards for creative works are inherently subjective.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
even if Halo 5 is objectively a better game.
Someone needs to learn what objective means.

I can see why Black Ops 3 would win awards. It's a complete game that satisfies its own community, both things that Halo 5 is not.
Don't get why Destiny is winning awards from what I've heard about it.

Not gonna let awards influence my opinion anyways. My personal GoTY didn't win any awards despite getting a lot of praise, but it's still my personal GoTY nonetheless. I'll just have to live with that, tragic as it may be.
No, I think it truly is a better game, hence why I said objectively. I was maybe TOO firm on my opinion here but looking at both games (and yes, I've played Black Ops 3, I just don't own it), I can't see how Halo isn't better. It actually evolves unlike Call of Duty. But I suppose that's what keeps people coming back.
The travesty is that Halo 5, as far as I know, hasn't won a single game award. Yet, Halo 5 has got to have the best multiplayer since Halo 5 - the whole year, even. It's a damn shame that it's not getting the recognition it deserves. Instead, the joke that is Call of Duty and Destiny win awards. I'm not going to dump all over Splatoon though, even if Halo 5 is objectively a better game. It's still a damn shame.
Thats because Halo 5 is rubbish.
They improved gameplay.
They improved the soundtrack.

But they destroyed literally everything else, the rest of the game was destroyed.
Theyve taken the cherry and cream off the cake and left a dry sponge.