2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 25
Its a great weapon. I'm tired of the past halo's where the pistol was so worthless it was never an option in my arsenal. With AR starts, its a necessary ranged start weapon. In Warzone, there are plenty of other more powerful weapons that makes the pistol not a big deal. I love the new pistol, and I'm not even that good with it. Please 343, keep it the way it is!
Now this may be my personal opinion, but I honestly don't care if the utility weapon is a pistol, DMR, BR, or really anything else. As long as the weapon is balanced (it is) who cares what it is? "It's strong for a pistol!" And? I feel like the Call of Duty-era gamers don't understand arena-based shooters that well. Now I am not saying that the OP or anyone in particular doesn't understand Halo, but I do hear it quite frequently in-game.
You have to be on point with your headshots to beat out an AR at close range with a magnum. It rewards skilled players with an edge and punishes players that miss the final headshot. This thing is nowhere near as powerful as the CE pistol, especially at a range. Longer range rifles will win against a magnum 9/10 times at range.
Its a great weapon. I'm tired of the past halo's where the pistol was so worthless it was never an option in my arsenal. With AR starts, its a necessary ranged start weapon. In Warzone, there are plenty of other more powerful weapons that makes the pistol not a big deal. I love the new pistol, and I'm not even that good with it. Please 343, keep it the way it is!
It is a good weapon and it feels like it should. The only concern I have with it is the range. The range works out well in Warzone as maps are huge. In Arena though, the maps are tiny which basically means your armor melts as soon as you spawn because ammo is abundant for the pistol and everyone has it. Tweak the range on it so it can't outclass a Battle rifle and DMR with ease, and I think a lot of complaints will disappear, kind of like half this games community when Black Ops 3 comes out.
It's overpower but it's fun to use sometimes
Now this may be my personal opinion, but I honestly don't care if the utility weapon is a pistol, DMR, BR, or really anything else. As long as the weapon is balanced (it is) who cares what it is? "It's strong for a pistol!" And? I feel like the Call of Duty-era gamers don't understand arena-based shooters that well. Now I am not saying that the OP or anyone in particular doesn't understand Halo, but I do hear it quite frequently in-game.
This. I wouldn't care if the pistol was replaced with a replica of Hitler's head that shoots pink vibrators while screaming racial epithets, as long as it was balanced well within the sandbox.
I think this pistol is the best one we have had since halo:Ce
and i'm so glad it doesn't have that stupid clack clack noise that 4 had.
The Pew Pew ish noise sounds great.
How is it any different then spawning with a DMR or BR it's a precision weapon if you spawned with a BR or DMR would you still be mad ??
br start would destroy this game even more.
Ryan just go back to COD or whatever you play, you said you have already left the game your silly casual Ideas are not going to be taken on board if you want a skill less game go back to COD as I already said. You already said you have moved onto another game so please just go and play that if you want to play Halo in a noob friendly environment play custom games or lose every placement game on purpose so you are placed with like minded scrubs and you can all have fun running around mindlessly spraying your AR's in peace.
on the contrary, I want halo to be more skilled than it is now.
iim Diz wrote:
Grihaly wrote:
MR ROFL 98 wrote:
Grihaly wrote:
I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again: It's a MAGNUM, it fires a .50 caliber bullet, realistically, one shot should kill you.
Yes I know its a magnum but halo isn't about realistic combat there wearing armor with shields. If I wanted realistic combat I would play battlefield or call of duty. I just think the pistol is doing way to much damage and should be tweaked so it doesn't do as much damage as it does now.
I actually lol'd when you called CoD and Battlefield "realistic".
I actually lol'd at your sarcastic response. If you think the weapon damage in H5 is more realistic than either two of those games then you need therapy. Hahaha
In fact, Halo is quite more realistic gun wise, as you can spray a while clip into someone on cod and them still kill you. Especially same with the pistols on there.
How is it any different then spawning with a DMR or BR it's a precision weapon if you spawned with a BR or DMR would you still be mad ??
Ryan just go back to COD or whatever you play, you said you have already left the game your silly casual Ideas are not going to be taken on board if you want a skill less game go back to COD as I already said. You already said you have moved onto another game so please just go and play that if you want to play Halo in a noob friendly environment play custom games or lose every placement game on purpose so you are placed with like minded scrubs and you can all have fun running around mindlessly spraying your AR's in peace.
And you propose doing that with AR only starts?.......

I'm confused by your logic
Also overpowered? Really?! If you get too close combat against an SMG or Assault Rifle, you most likely die. If you fight against an BR or DMR you will most likely die because both of them are still stronger. The Pistol is perfectly balanced for what it is. It "can" compete with other Weapons if you have an good Aiming - but it is nowhere overpower. Most of these Pistol-haters are only butthurt, that Pistol in this Game isn't used to be an finishing off tool. And only because you don't like Pistols it doesn't mean it should be nerfed. God these Pistol-Haters nowdays... but they will not change it anyway. Beta the pistol were weaker and most people almost pro's complained it was to weak for an starter utility weapon so they buffed it afterwards. Now they'll not(hopefully) change it back because some of whiners can't deal with the fact that now pistol is also meant to be a killing weapon, not an finisher weak garbage...
^This.
If you want it to be more skilled, leave the game and it'll make it 2x better ;)

Yeah we need to just ignore this guy now and hopefully he will just go away the guy is either a troll and thinks it would be funny if Halo was highly unskilled or he is genuinely an uber casual and is upset because he can't use skilled weapons and his idea of competition is where everyone is handicapped and on level footing because we all have the easiest weapon in the game to use. What people like this don't understand though is that the better players us would still absolutely destroy them even with AR starts.
I agree, the magnum is a bit overpowered, but hasn't it always been? It still takes a lot of skill to be good with the magnum, but if one has that skill it is pretty much over for the opponent
I actually feel the pistol needs to be buffed.
Grihaly wrote:
I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again: It's a MAGNUM, it fires a .50 caliber bullet, realistically, one shot should kill you.
Its a .50 caliber bullet but in the halo universe the armor should be able to with stand a lot more than 2-3 of those shots.

Yeah we need to just ignore this guy now and hopefully he will just go away the guy is either a troll and thinks it would be funny if Halo was highly unskilled or he is genuinely an uber casual and is upset because he can't use skilled weapons and his idea of competition is where everyone is handicapped and on level footing because we all have the easiest weapon in the game to use. What people like this don't understand though is that the better players us would still absolutely destroy them even with AR starts.
ha! you calling me a troll. I think i'll ignore you from now on.
Then inform yourself better. Skilled players want a strong utility weapon that has a huge skillgap.

ARs are the least thing the competitive commuity wants.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
It's a well designed gun and for once in a long time has a valid place in the sandbox. In the right hands it is powerful enough to defeat the other rifles, yet at the same time the other rifles are still valid alternatives due to their ease of use. In fact, despite the Pistol's objective superiority in damage, I still often default to using the Battle Rifle simply because it's more convenient.

The people trying to nerf the Pistol are the same exact people who were trying to nerf the Battle Rifle before. The only thing that has changed is their target, their attitude remains the same. They refuse to play a precision weapon focused game, and they refuse to acknowledge their own flaws and shortcomings.

If the developers cave into the demands of these people, you can kiss any form of competitive scene goodbye. Competitive players don't think the Pistol is too strong. In fact a significant amount would argue even *IN ITS CURRENT STATE* it's still too weak. Nerfing the Pistol is, to me, sheer nonsense.

That is me being one-hundred-and-ten percent honest about how I feel towards the Pistol. No jokes, no sarcasm. I am fed up with these threads.
Im glad you said that, someone had to.
I think the pistol is just fine. As stated by a few other people and close range battles you're most likely going to win with your assault rifle. And if you're going up against someone with a battle rifle out long range versus a pistol odds are the pistol is going to lose. It even sounds balance just talking about it. Obviously if you're low on shields or your shields are gone pistol is going to beat any assault rifle.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 25