Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Let's help Halo!

OP Wolfie1217

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Help save Halo by demanding that 343 be held accountable for their failures. I'm sick of hearing excuses for why Halo isn't good enough to compete with modern shooters and needs to change blah blah blah.

What Halo doesn't need is a broken remaster with a cheap upresed $5 ODST as "compensation" for selling a broken piece of -Yoink-. What Halo doesn't need is a stupid plot that -Yoink- on already established character development just for the sake of being edgy and new. What Halo doesn't need is sacrificing beloved and popular playlists for a 3 map MOBA orgy. What Halo doesn't need is low res maps made by unemployed young adults in place of custom designed and fully realized maps created from the ground up by a dedicated and trained art team. what Halo doesn't need is the removal of any semblance of progression in favor of a digital slot machine system designed purely to rip you off. What Halo doesn't need is Disney Infinitey themed map and character creation..

I have forgiven and been patient with 343 long enough. They have failed at literally everything they've attempted to do. They can't even tell a -Yoinking!- self-contained, coherent story that makes sense or that anyone cares about, and somehow failed miserably to live up to the plot threads THEY THEMSELVES established in comics, books, trailers, and Halo 4.

Sorry, but my definition of helping Halo now means to fire 343 as its caretaker.
I agree halo is a great game and 343 is awesome
I'm willing to help. I've been having a lot of fun playing big team battle today despite some issues on Recurve. I know this Halo isn't perfect, but just leaving it won't do any good. I haven't been that happy with the 4 and MCC, but even with their blunders I want to make sure that Halo 5 gets to be the best it can be.

One of the biggest things they need to fix soon is Theater mode. Why can't I take screenshots and save them in game? Why can I still not zoom? If they want more community driven content they need to fix theater and have a proper file share system ( Why has this been messed up three times now?) when the forge update comes out. There are other issues, but as someone who likes to take screenshots a lot, this is very irksome.
File sharing will probably come with the forge updates.

I know it's weird but if you want to zoom in click both thumbsticks. I know, it's strange - that's not what it says, but oh well.
I agree halo is a great game and 343 is awesome
I never said they were awesome
LyleThe2nd wrote:
Help save Halo by demanding that 343 be held accountable for their failures. I'm sick of hearing excuses for why Halo isn't good enough to compete with modern shooters and needs to change blah blah blah.

What Halo doesn't need is a broken remaster with a cheap upresed $5 ODST as "compensation" for selling a broken piece of -Yoink-. What Halo doesn't need is a stupid plot that -Yoink- on already established character development just for the sake of being edgy and new. What Halo doesn't need is sacrificing beloved and popular playlists for a 3 map MOBA orgy. What Halo doesn't need is low res maps made by unemployed young adults in place of custom designed and fully realized maps created from the ground up by a dedicated and trained art team. what Halo doesn't need is the removal of any semblance of progression in favor of a digital slot machine system designed purely to rip you off. What Halo doesn't need is Disney Infinitey themed map and character creation..

I have forgiven and been patient with 343 long enough. They have failed at literally everything they've attempted to do. They can't even tell a -Yoinking!- self-contained, coherent story that makes sense or that anyone cares about, and somehow failed miserably to live up to the plot threads THEY THEMSELVES established in comics, books, trailers, and Halo 4.

Sorry, but my definition of helping Halo now means to fire 343 as its caretaker.
I think you typed in the wrong forum, I'm not praising 343 or anything.
Timmie wrote:
Everyone does this every 3 years. They come back. They always do.

Look at all the H4 praise lately.

In 3 years people will say "Halo 6 ruined Halo! I'm done!" And be praising H5.

The cycles repeating.
Where?
I honestly I think because of the MCC, 343i did not have enough time to put in more effort with Halo 5. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I could be wrong. Or they had seperate teams, and when they were finished with MCC, teams from MCC went to help with Halo 5. Halo 5 felt rushed. Reusing some parts of armors, low map count at launch, lots of problems already discovered in multiplayer and other problems that I cannot mention at the moment. Nonetheless, problems are gonna be fix because they are going to try and build on Halo 5 rather than "Here it is, play it, we can fix bugs if we have time because we will be working on Halo 6 already"
If everyone actually used their brains when posting these massive hate threads, they wouldn't be massive, or that hateful. I wish people took the time to think about it and really see the pros along with their large list of cons.
LyleThe2nd wrote:
Help save Halo by demanding that 343 be held accountable for their failures. I'm sick of hearing excuses for why Halo isn't good enough to compete with modern shooters and needs to change blah blah blah.

What Halo doesn't need is a broken remaster with a cheap upresed $5 ODST as "compensation" for selling a broken piece of -Yoink-. What Halo doesn't need is a stupid plot that -Yoink- on already established character development just for the sake of being edgy and new. What Halo doesn't need is sacrificing beloved and popular playlists for a 3 map MOBA orgy. What Halo doesn't need is low res maps made by unemployed young adults in place of custom designed and fully realized maps created from the ground up by a dedicated and trained art team. what Halo doesn't need is the removal of any semblance of progression in favor of a digital slot machine system designed purely to rip you off. What Halo doesn't need is Disney Infinitey themed map and character creation..

I have forgiven and been patient with 343 long enough. They have failed at literally everything they've attempted to do. They can't even tell a -Yoinking!- self-contained, coherent story that makes sense or that anyone cares about, and somehow failed miserably to live up to the plot threads THEY THEMSELVES established in comics, books, trailers, and Halo 4.

Sorry, but my definition of helping Halo now means to fire 343 as its caretaker.
sir how is this constructive to build a better halo you make halo seem like a literal god and also a lot of the things you say are over exaggerated the people who made the maps are a full dedicated art team and halo is far from Disney infinity you cant help halo by saying how awful it is.if you want a game that is up to your ridicules standards go and make your own.
Ehh, to clarify I'm not saying this is a hate thread. This is what we should be seeing, and I am very glad I've seen 3 positive threads today.
Kang3roo17 wrote:
I'm willing to help. I've been having a lot of fun playing big team battle today despite some issues on Recurve. I know this Halo isn't perfect, but just leaving it won't do any good. I haven't been that happy with the 4 and MCC, but even with their blunders I want to make sure that Halo 5 gets to be the best it can be.

One of the biggest things they need to fix soon is Theater mode. Why can't I take screenshots and save them in game? Why can I still not zoom? If they want more community driven content they need to fix theater and have a proper file share system ( Why has this been messed up three times now?) when the forge update comes out. There are other issues, but as someone who likes to take screenshots a lot, this is very irksome.
File sharing will probably come with the forge updates.

I know it's weird but if you want to zoom in click both thumbsticks. I know, it's strange - that's not what it says, but oh well.
Both thumbsticks? That is odd. Well glad to know even if it feels a bit cumbersome. I still would like theater to be what it use to. I know we have upload or whatever it is for the xbox, but I prefer just having my screenshots and game clips saved in a file share. I don't know I just really miss taking screenshots and showing them to others.
Yeah, halo needs to return to how it once was. As for how I have no idea.
343 is a bunch idiots who only care about money. They don't listen and never will till there bonus check doesn't show up. Best thing people can do is to warn others not to buy this game and hopefully it will run itself into the ground... Then and only then will they fix it.
lol the community has nothing to do with halo 'failing'. One reason being 343 doesnt listen to the community. The only thing i think theyve done that fans wanted to see was the Arbiter coming back. But do you believe that all this stuff thats in halo 5 are things that people asked for?
Drinkin365 wrote:
343 is a bunch idiots who only care about money. They don't listen and never will till there bonus check doesn't show up. Best thing people can do is to warn others not to buy this game and hopefully it will run itself into the ground... Then and only then will they fix it.
I'm not saying to not buy any games that 343 makes. What I'm saying is if you want to get their attention use constructive criticism with little to no direct hate towards 343. You can't always expect a company to be the worst company in the world after making only 3 games that each have strengths and weaknesses. (Even if it's a lot of weaknesses)
GSF15 wrote:
lol the community has nothing to do with halo 'failing'. One reason being 343 doesnt listen to the community. The only thing i think theyve done that fans wanted to see was the Arbiter coming back. But do you believe that all this stuff thats in halo 5 are things that people asked for?
They aren't listening to us because there is a large portion of the community that is being completely immature.
Community is fine, there are a few vocal -Yoinks!- though, forums like these give them far too much attention.

> Most recently commented post goes to top
> Controversial posts like "bye" get alot of short, dumb, angry comments
> They stay top for longer
> More people comment
> Thecyclecontinues.jpg

If you want to go to a place full of meaningful discussion, great game clips, meaningful content and the latest news and developments as they happen - go to r/halo. Waypoint is just a vent for the discontent.
Its the game ruining itself. Its not fun so blaming the community sounds stupid :P

We lost core features for the community. No split screen.Please dont be a cry baby and say forge will be here soon, its the fact that it wasnt here to begin with and now people have already moved on. Theater blows on this game.

Matchmaking is warzone which gets boring very quick or Arena where people are screaming callouts in the lowest division so relaxed players get bored with that very quickly.

Campaign is a toss up between people but my opinion its too easy and it feels like not much thought was put into it.
Wolfie1217 wrote:
Ive been seeing a lot of people saying goodbye to halo and 343 fans saying good riddance. I want to say how about we stop fighting, we act like adults, and we save Halo from its community! The real reason why Halo is failing is because the community is tearing itself apart with older fans vs newer fans, when there's guys like me in the middle trying to stop this whole -Yoink- and is trying to save Halo. We must address issues and come together as a community, not give up and hate on the other player base. All of the older vets have already left and are never gonna see this post so please, spread the word to save Halo from its community and to make Halo the greatest FPS game again!
if people want Halo saved then 343 needs to listen to the fans
Wolfie1217 wrote:
Ive been seeing a lot of people saying goodbye to halo and 343 fans saying good riddance. I want to say how about we stop fighting, we act like adults, and we save Halo from its community! The real reason why Halo is failing is because the community is tearing itself apart with older fans vs newer fans, when there's guys like me in the middle trying to stop this whole -Yoink- and is trying to save Halo. We must address issues and come together as a community, not give up and hate on the other player base. All of the older vets have already left and are never gonna see this post so please, spread the word to save Halo from its community and to make Halo the greatest FPS game again!
Why do you assume "343" fans are 343 fans? What if they're just fans of the game who dislike negativity about the game? Just cuz one supports a game doesn't mean they support the devs. It's so typical for people to use the fanboy term on people now a days.

Anyways......it would help if the community had more positivity to it instead of -Yoinking!- half the time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3