Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Let's Make a Rule

OP aplusjimages

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
i wish man. i hate people that dont understand logic. id just stay in the drivers seat and provide cover that way and hope someone else hops on the back
Xigbar0331 wrote:
i wish man. i hate people that dont understand logic. id just stay in the drivers seat and provide cover that way and hope someone else hops on the back
What do you mean by bolded statement? How do you provide cover from the drivers seat of a hog?
The same should apply to Warthogs. If I have my Gauss Warthog placed at the back of Home Base in Warzone Assault, please, for the sake of our team, don't -Yoinking!- drive it.

But if you must drive it, at least drive it well.
And not drive it straight into a player or enemy vehicle. Too many times on Warzone have I been driving a Hog, stopped to shoot down a Phaeton or Wraith and a player strolls up and takes the hog and drives it into the nearest enemy. It is infuriating and I report such players for it as I find it to be unsporting. Hiding in the distance with a vehicle behind cover with the turret exposed is for a reason, ESPECIALLY in Warzone and Firefight.
Xigbar0331 wrote:
i wish man. i hate people that dont understand logic. id just stay in the drivers seat and provide cover that way and hope someone else hops on the back
What do you mean by bolded statement? How do you provide cover from the drivers seat of a hog?
I think they mean driving behind cover points so the gunners don't have to die doing so.
Xigbar0331 wrote:
i wish man. i hate people that dont understand logic. id just stay in the drivers seat and provide cover that way and hope someone else hops on the back
What do you mean by bolded statement? How do you provide cover from the drivers seat of a hog?
try reading the original post. should clear up any confusion you might have there slick.
classic silver player move
Yes yes yes! More so with gauss warthogs though, REQs that valuable I would only ever let experienced members of my fireteam drive me around in and it gets 'yoinking' annoying when people drive you straight into the enemy and get you killed. Sometimes though when people are doing this to damage bosses I will hop into the driver seat but sit stationary, accomplishing to things:
  1. I get the points for my 'gunner' taking out a boss
  2. Noobs won't be able to ruin my team mates strategy
I do this as well but i als help do minor strafing
I generally don't do any of this lol.
Man, this title. It's like when I am telling myself that I game going to lose weight starting now. Yet here I am, 5' 11'', 325lb Jesus. I hope this goes better, lol.
Profesnol wrote:
I wonder if it's because they get confused. When I see someone in a turret in the back of a warthog I instinctively think "oh, he wants someone to drive him around, I'll be the nice guy and do the job." but then unlike some people, I take a moment to see how they're positioned and if they moved the warthog there and I know that they did, then I leave them.

A good possible way to fix this is for 343i to make the mounted turrets into a REQ item, so that you can lay down a turret and not be able to move it. They would cost either the same as or one more then the base turret REQ. (ex. machine gun turret REQ Lvl 2. mounted machine gun turret REQ Lvl 3)
Yeah making mounted machine gun turrets would be the best solution
When you find a good spot to kill everyone and someone comes and drives until you die.

DAMMIT!
I guess it's just too tempting for some people..
If you're playing Warzone and another Spartan is on the back of a gungoose and is tossing grenades, don't get in it and drive it around. They are obviously laying down grenade cover.

Too often this happens and we both end up dying.
Yes, I honestly cannot believe they do not notice you spamming nades protecting the core room, for example (in WZA).
The same should apply to Warthogs. If I have my Gauss Warthog placed at the back of Home Base in Warzone Assault, please, for the sake of our team, don't -Yoinking!- drive it.

But if you must drive it, at least drive it well.
I'm a good driver I have my warthog qualification :D
If you're playing Warzone and another Spartan is on the back of a gungoose and is tossing grenades, don't get in it and drive it around. They are obviously laying down grenade cover.

Too often this happens and we both end up dying.
Amen to that!
Sometimes I can't help myself :( it's a lot of fun to drive people around :(
do it if they ask for someone
Sometimes I can't help myself :( it's a lot of fun to drive people around :(
I wish we could make it where we have to give permission before players are allowed to enter our vehicles. Every time a god fruqo't klaka gets me killed by driving my hog or goose it usually screws the whole team.
Best. Idea. Ever. 343, could you please hire him? ... Or her or whatever because I never know these days what people go buy lol.
Xigbar0331 wrote:
i wish man. i hate people that dont understand logic. id just stay in the drivers seat and provide cover that way and hope someone else hops on the back
What do you mean by bolded statement? How do you provide cover from the drivers seat of a hog?
I think he means either:
A) Use the Warthog as a mobile wall; or
B) Sit in the driver's seat to keep other people from getting in.

At least, that's what I think. Might have a different meaning though.
Profesnol wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
Sometimes I can't help myself :( it's a lot of fun to drive people around :(
I wish we could make it where we have to give permission before players are allowed to enter our vehicles. Every time a god fruqo't klaka gets me killed by driving my hog or goose it usually screws the whole team.
This one of the best ideas I have seen on here in a while.
I think this idea is a little over the top and it would make people selfish I think.
IF a guy spawns his own vehicle, you are going to tell me, he should not have the choice of who gets in it? Are you going to make me share my NornFang too when I spawn with it?
ok, weapons are different then vehicles. But anyway if you look at the post I made on this topic not even 5 minutes ago, I made a better solution to the problem.
Good idea. But I must disagree on "Weapons are different than vehicles". I disagree because they are both REQs both use up REQ energy which effects the player that spawns with them. Dude has built up the points and bought REQ packs he now has a ONI gun goose, so he uses it and you are going to say he can't have a choice on who gets on it? that's not even fair for the player. because any random player can just hop in my vehicles. The only time I spawn them is when I play with friends. They will sit in storage for eternity before I let some stranger waste my REQ.
I just think vehicles are supposed to be made for teamwork and for everyone to get in and go fight, together. Unless you're using a 1 seater like a ghost.
Xigbar0331 wrote:
Xigbar0331 wrote:
i wish man. i hate people that dont understand logic. id just stay in the drivers seat and provide cover that way and hope someone else hops on the back
What do you mean by bolded statement? How do you provide cover from the drivers seat of a hog?
try reading the original post. should clear up any confusion you might have there slick.
Ummm I read the op and it didn't help, slick.
Xigbar0331 wrote:
i wish man. i hate people that dont understand logic. id just stay in the drivers seat and provide cover that way and hope someone else hops on the back
What do you mean by bolded statement? How do you provide cover from the drivers seat of a hog?
I think he means either:
A) Use the Warthog as a mobile wall; or
B) Sit in the driver's seat to keep other people from getting in.

At least, that's what I think. Might have a different meaning though.
Xigbar0331 wrote:
i wish man. i hate people that dont understand logic. id just stay in the drivers seat and provide cover that way and hope someone else hops on the back
What do you mean by bolded statement? How do you provide cover from the drivers seat of a hog?
I think they mean driving behind cover points so the gunners don't have to die doing so.
Right here we have 3 different hypothesis on what you meant. I'm under the impression you meant having a Spartan in the drivers seat (inbetween the enemy and the gunner) would draw some of their fire. So there's 4 different hypothesis. Thanks for replying to my inquiry with snarky sarcasm instead of clarification.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7