Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Let's show more demand for Warzone PvE/Firefight!

OP jigerdoodles117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I few days ago, I submitted a post on the /r/Halo subreddit, where I detailed a suggestion on how a feasible Firefight could be made using Warzone's design mechanics.
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3s12nf/a_new_firefightlike_gametype_can_be_made_in/

Unfortunately, none of the 300 comments on the post came from 343, even though we can be decently sure they heard us.
I would love to see everyone else's thoughts on this new idea (detailed below), such as suggestions, ideas, etc!

Here is the original post:

At the moment, Warzone is just two gametypes. It's a great experience, but three maps across only two gametypes is not nearly enough content for a new type of multiplayer (which is why it is separate from Arena in the menu).
What would "Warzone Firefight" be like?
  • Twelve or less Spartan players vs hordes of enemy Prometheans or Covenant.
  • Round and set-based gameplay - after completing a set, the enemies get bigger and 'badder'.
  • Unlike normal Warzone, the AI enemies don't just stick around their spawn points to die - they rush towards the players and their defensive positions.
  • Bosses like Warden Eternal or Tankmaster can spawn as the rounds and sets progress
  • REQ packs can still play a role - every set completed can equal an extra REQ Level available to the cooperative players.
Is it really feasible for 343i to put in the effort?
  • I believe so! Players have always loved Firefight in ODST and Reach, and this new gametype is a natural evolution/synthesis of that.
  • Most of the actual code is already there: AIs, spawning animations, enemy characters and bosses, Warzone maps, REQ mechanics. It just has to be reorganized. But of course a lot more work is needed to coordinate the AI better than current Warzone.
  • Warzone Firefight would add a ton more replay ability to Halo 5 and Warzone, just like it did in ODST and Reach. I remember playing ODST solely for the firefight matches

If 343i hears enough of us wanting something like this, we may see it announced in a coming Multiplayer Update!Please share this post and hopefully we can gain more traction! Thank you!
I would like to see something like this come about, but the problem with that is that Bungie made both of those game modes. Yes 343i does own Halo now, and some of the people from Bungie did go to 343i still it would be hard to code that type of game mode.

If 343i can make a game mode like this I would gladly support this idea because of the fact I enjoy game modes like this where you can simply just stay in constant combat with enemies.

SUGGESTIONS: You asked for suggestions also well one way of making that type of game mode more fun would be base defense also where you're able to setup base defenses with REQ points you've earned throughout the game like Auto Turrents, shield walls, and land mines. This would add another spin to the game where you can make a 'Last stand' of sorts when the hordes of enemies begin to become overwelming in numbers and strength.
I few days ago, I submitted a post on the /r/Halo subreddit, where I detailed a suggestion on how a feasible Firefight could be made using Warzone's design mechanics.
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3s12nf/a_new_firefightlike_gametype_can_be_made_in/

Unfortunately, none of the 300 comments on the post came from 343, even though we can be decently sure they heard us.
I would love to see everyone else's thoughts on this new idea (detailed below), such as suggestions, ideas, etc!

At the moment, Warzone is just two gametypes. It's a great experience, but three maps across only two gametypes is not nearly enough content for a new type of multiplayer (which is why it is separate from Arena in the menu).
  • Round and set-based gameplay - after completing a set, the enemies get bigger and 'badder'.
  • Unlike normal Warzone, the AI enemies don't just stick around their spawn points to die - they rush towards the players and their defensive positions.
  • Bosses like Warden Eternal or Tankmaster can spawn as the rounds and sets progress
  • REQ packs can still play a role - every set completed can equal an extra REQ Level available to the cooperative players.
  • I believe so! Players have always loved Firefight in ODST and Reach, and this new gametype is a natural evolution/synthesis of that.
  • Most of the actual code is already there: AIs, spawning animations, enemy characters and bosses, Warzone maps, REQ mechanics. It just has to be reorganized. But of course a lot more work is needed to coordinate the AI better than current Warzone.
  • Warzone Firefight would add a ton more replay ability to Halo 5 and Warzone, just like it did in ODST and Reach. I remember playing ODST solely for the firefight matches

If 343i hears enough of us wanting something like this, we may see it announced in a coming Multiplayer Update!Please share this post and hopefully we can gain more traction! Thank you!
Yes!
Firefight...in Halo 5... *GASP* GREATEST IDEA EVER! A Reach and ODST throwback like firefight would be an awesome addition
I love PvE, it's nice break from fighting human players. Hopefully 343i can see the support.
I have posted in every Firefight article I can find, because I support it 100%! 343 needs to make a warzone game type that is just PvE.

I would like to see a couple options for this, one as an endless horde mode of ever increasing difficult waves of AI.
You should start a petition. I'm all for this.

If 343i hears enough of us wanting something like this, we may see it announced in a coming Multiplayer Update!Please share this post and hopefully we can gain more traction! Thank you! Brilliant idea !
Support
Signed
support!
firefight was brill. id deffo get more
Agreed.

Add a last Spartan standing mode too, 12-24 Spartans with a couple lifes, once you die you're out and the horde of enemies keeps coming until you reach the final wave or everyone dies.
This! I need this gamemode in Halo 5, it would be the highlight of the game... imo of course. I love firefight with a passion, played the heck out of it in Reach and even ODST. This would be a big addition for both matchmaking and co-op play.
This is genius, and has my full support.
Signed :)
I want firefight so badly.. Maybe, just maybe they will add it in. If we are lucky enough it will be a surprise with forge
Aww man i support pve all the way. Its a nice break from fighting other spartans and more freedom then the campaign. It was alittle more linear than i expected. Did anybody here ever play red faction guerilla? They had some nice side quests with alot of potential. I would love to see Halo pve with like raids where you get a strike team together and assualt the base and destroy it or in halos case the core. Prisoner/hostage rescue, convoy ambushes, or defend your base from enemy strike teams. I could see it work maybe in the future for another title but at least we got Warzone i guess they can make Pve work with that. But they seriously need to revamp the enemy intelligence they just sit in one spot to die.
Signed!
Support
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3