Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Lets talk about the sack

OP SPARTAN ICE 513

Lets discuss the action sack real quick, personally i think MCC's was light years better, it had so many options! and lets be honest does anyone really like minotaurs or tank world? NO. Where is super fiesta? Where is lightning flag? Where is shotty snipers/swords? Where is MEDAL MADNESS??? Red glare? Dodge Ball?? Sticky Ball? Quickochet? Gun goose CTF? I MEAN CMON 343! THIS WAS A FAVORITE PLAYLIST and I am almost ashamed to play the new one! and also the new paint ball sucks... Thank you for your time.
P.S. bring more games to the sack.

EDIT: 1 Okay what i meant to sum it all up was 1. More game types from 343 and community, I've seen some of these great game types around the community so I know they're out there (also some of you guys said they are coming in the sept. 8 update! Thanks!) 2. Some current games get old quick, (tank world, minotaurs) and they're not bad games, there should just be more players in the game, 8v8 for instance. 3. Some games just plain and simply need to be changed (paintball, no tracking on plasma pistol it breaks the game, and beam needs to be taken from GPA, sub it for a shotty?) 4. I love and support 343 because halo is my baby, I'm just trying help out guys. also I'm a bit sarcastic.
Lets discuss the action sack real quick, personally i think MCC's was light years better, it had so many options! and lets be honest does anyone really like minotaurs or tank world? NO. Where is super fiesta? Where is lightning flag? Where is shotty snipers/swords? Where is MEDAL MADNESS??? Red glare? Dodge Ball?? Sticky Ball? Quickochet? Gun goose CTF? I MEAN CMON 343! THIS WAS A FAVORITE PLAYLIST AND I AM ASHAMED TO PLAY THE NEW ONE! and also the new paint ball sucks... Thank you for your time.
You opinions doesn't really impacts 343 decision... I do love minotaur, tank world and especially paintball. My favorite though is Husky Raid > GP Arena > Paintball > all the other.

They will add more game type to it anytime soon I'm pretty sure.

Edit1: Looks like someone support 343 enough to buy the Halo Legendary loot crate...
I agree, I don't mind all the gametypes that are already in the sack; despite the fact I hate almost all of them... At least I can jump on and get a few quick games.

What bothers me though about the current state of action sack is the fact that some game modes like Fiesta/Super Fiesta should have been standard. Also, some of 343 originals you mentioned such as Lightning Flag in Halo 4 and RICHOCHET should also have been standard. 343 spent a lot of time making Ball gametypes to appease those of us begging for gametypes, but now you don't see any Ball gametypes outside of Grifball due to the fact that Proteams don't like Assault in H5...

Also I'd like to mention the fact that 343 created Ricochet and it became a fan favorite in H4 and was a breath of fresh air for FPS players. And a lot of people would agree that if you didn't like H4 or 343 at the time; at least they made a good gametype. But now, 343 don't even bat an eye at it. Funnily enough, games like COD and Rocket League has it as a STANDARD. Something 343 created ended up in other games as a popular mode. 343 missed a chance to capitalize on that fact, but oh well.

One more thing I noticed is the fact the playlist is hindered by 4v4. If they increased it to 5v5 or 6v6 or hell; even 8v8 their would be a lot more fun to be had. They need to remove Tankworld and Minataurs as they're only decent with 8v8. As for the other gametypes, scrap them because they only support 4v4.

The community has amazing content out there, I was hoping to see Flapjacks or Slayer on "Tiny Forged Maps" like Andys Dorm. They could also just do BTB Heavies or Vehicle/REQ Warfare on huge flat maps or something IDK, they just need to think outside the box for once. And to be honest Action Sack as it is now; feels like more of the same. Halo 5 still feels like that to me even ever since launch... It's really disappointing.

Sorry for the long post. I haven't been on the forums for months...
JLC4LIFE wrote:
Lets discuss the action sack real quick, personally i think MCC's was light years better, it had so many options! and lets be honest does anyone really like minotaurs or tank world? NO. Where is super fiesta? Where is lightning flag? Where is shotty snipers/swords? Where is MEDAL MADNESS??? Red glare? Dodge Ball?? Sticky Ball? Quickochet? Gun goose CTF? I MEAN CMON 343! THIS WAS A FAVORITE PLAYLIST AND I AM ASHAMED TO PLAY THE NEW ONE! and also the new paint ball sucks... Thank you for your time.
You opinions doesn't really impacts 343 decision... I do love minotaur, tank world and especially paintball. My favorite though is Husky Raid > GP Arena > Paintball > all the other.

Edit1: Looks like someone support 343 enough to buy the Halo Legendary loot crate...
Don't get me wrong, i love halo and 343 thats why i want to voice my opinion, i just think the tracking of the plasma pistol breaks this paintball map, tank wars take a bit too long, minotaurs is so campy, and the number of game types is much smaller in this installment of action sack, I still play the -Yoink- out of it, just gets repetitive real quick.
also the loot crate doesn't have anything to do with the topic? i like collectible stuff? especially stuff for my favorite game? so what.
I agree, I don't mind all the gametypes that are already in the sack; despite the fact I hate almost all of them... At least I can jump on and get a few quick games.

What bothers me though about the current state of action sack is the fact that some game modes like Fiesta/Super Fiesta should have been standard. Also, some of 343 originals you mentioned such as Lightning Flag in Halo 4 and RICHOCHET should also have been standard. 343 spent a lot of time making Ball gametypes to appease those of us begging for gametypes, but now you don't see any Ball gametypes outside of Grifball due to the fact that Proteams don't like Assault in H5...

Also I'd like to mention the fact that 343 created Ricochet and it became a fan favorite in H4 and was a breath of fresh air for FPS players. And a lot of people would agree that if you didn't like H4 or 343 at the time; at least they made a good gametype. But now, 343 don't even bat an eye at it. Funnily enough, games like COD and Rocket League has it as a STANDARD. Something 343 created ended up in other games as a popular mode. 343 missed a chance to capitalize on that fact, but oh well.

One more thing I noticed is the fact the playlist is hindered by 4v4. If they increased it to 5v5 or 6v6 or hell; even 8v8 their would be a lot more fun to be had. They need to remove Tankworld and Minataurs as they're only decent with 8v8. As for the other gametypes, scrap them because they only support 4v4.

The community has amazing content out there, I was hoping to see Flapjacks or Slayer on "Tiny Forged Maps" like Andys Dorm. They could also just do BTB Heavies or Vehicle/REQ Warfare on huge flat maps or something IDK, they just need to think outside the box for once. And to be honest Action Sack as it is now; feels like more of the same. Halo 5 still feels like that to me even ever since launch... It's really disappointing.

Sorry for the long post. I haven't been on the forums for months...
haha it was a good post though my friend, i felt it was safe to assume some of the previous game types would return as standards but you know how that goes, also i completely agree that the mode is hindered by its 4v4 only, also i just thought of this and I'd like to say oddball is one of the most fun games ever to me lol.
They're could definitely be a few more gametypes added in for better flavor, but it's a good start and I've already played gametypes I hadn't before which I consider a win!
While I agree more game types should be added, being 'ashamed' is ludicrous. It is a mostly fun collection of games the community has built and hopefully they'll fix the issues with them and add a few more game types. Shotty/Snipers also belongs in a snipers playlist not action sack.
you do know 343 hired guys from the halo community to choose these maps right? I like the maps, but it seems like a very small odd bunch. something many people will be divided on. the playlist needs tons more maps which will be easy to do, then we wont have to play the same maps we dont perticulary like that much over and over. theres only so much minotaurs I can take!
The only action sack game I don't like is tank world. The rest are fun. Lighting flag was horrible glad it's not around.... also they do have a paint ball style game in H5 action sack. But yes I wish fiesta and maybe even mythic snipers was in the sack.
I am just mad that they made mongoose sumo team based it should be free for all
You can't get everything from your Christmas list...
MJ's playhouse should be a thing again. EEE-HEE
I like Tank World. I also played Mantis breakout. What I don't understand is why they felt the need to create new maps for this gametype. I can easily come up with several gametypes for action sack with the current maps and options which I think would be incredibly fun.
JLC4LIFE wrote:

Don't get me wrong, i love halo and 343 thats why i want to voice my opinion, i just think the tracking of the plasma pistol breaks this paintball map, tank wars take a bit too long, minotaurs is so campy, and the number of game types is much smaller in this installment of action sack, I still play the -Yoink- out of it, just gets repetitive real quick.
also the loot crate doesn't have anything to do with the topic? i like collectible stuff? especially stuff for my favorite game? so what.
Voicing yourself in capitalized letter and saying you are "ashamed" made me think you were one of those that always complaint about 343 everything. Starting with that idea + you having the legendary crate I thought "well who is he to complain if he support 343 in other way, that make no sense?"

On the other hand, I think this playlist with quickly evolved and we'll see more and more gametypes added starting with the next update Sep. 8
I never played the MCC's version of Action Sack, but love what I've done in 5's so far outside of Minotaurs (just gets super old, super fast, but it's a fun concept anyway). And it's an incredible playlist for getting commendations, particularly for Breakout, CTF and Strongholds!
I love the new sack. I have absolutely no complaints (well except a few bug fixes and the removal of the Beam in GPA). They are all a lot of fun and i'm sure they are adding more to the playlist in the future. Whats not to like? You forget that this is "Community Action Sack" 343 will add gametypes and Maps of their own making to the full Action Sack
I love the new sack. I have absolutely no complaints (well except a few bug fixes and the removal of the Beam in GPA). They are all a lot of fun and i'm sure they are adding more to the playlist in the future. Whats not to like? You forget that this is "Community Action Sack" 343 will add gametypes and Maps of their own making to the full Action Sack
Edit: sorry for the second post, computer wasn't posting properly and i didnt think the first one posted
Full action sack is comming in the update tho.
Edit: sorry for the second post, computer wasn't posting properly and i didnt think the first one posted
They definitely need to remove the beam in GPA. Some people don't even try and ground pound, but just goes for the beam kill. I know it helps for the commendation, but should be and only be ground pound.